Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Will demon souls be ported to PC? I don't care about weebo dex souls aka sekiro.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS STILL STEAMROLLING MOTHERFUUCJKERS

FOUR KINGS TOOK TWO TRIES I REMEMBER STUGGLING FOR A WHILE THERE

LEVEL 70 AND ONLY NICO AND SEATH LEFT

BED OF CHOAS WAS THE HARDEST SO FAR LOLLLOLLLOL

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I've been playing this for 8 years and only now I have learned that Ingward moves to Firelink when you talk to him after defeating 4K.

Also, Avelyn + 14 (I have no slabs left) is awesome. You can cut off the Hellkite Drake's tail in 3 shots (doing this for the achievement) and it seems to surprise people in PvP...

Silverfish

Arbiter
Prestigious, but also weirdly underrated. It got stuck with that "noob weapon" label by a tryhard community (I'm as guilty of this as anyone) and is now usually ignored despite being a fantastic choice for a solid third of the game.

Elwro

Arcane
But that Avelyn. Oh boy. I've never used a crossbow properly in all my playthroughs. Turns out that sudden switching to Avelyn combined with hard bolts is surprising enough for me finally to be decent in PvP...

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Prestigious, but also weirdly underrated. It got stuck with that "noob weapon" label by a tryhard community (I'm as guilty of this as anyone) and is now usually ignored despite being a fantastic choice for a solid third of the game.

In my first playthrough I gave up using it when it broke in Anor Londo, and used the astora straight sword as my main weapon.
Now on my 2nd playthrough this was the only set I used once I first reached the vendor in the undead burg: hard leather boots, hard leather gloves, elite knight helm, chainmail vest, heather shield, fireball and then I got back to the asylum and got my sweet Black Knight Sorwd. And that was fun playthrough.

Silva

Arcane
Watching the latest Vaati stuff on YT, I realize how DS1 has one of the best worldbuilding in all games period, and even inside the series.

Another thing where it's unsurpassed is in the fusion of theme+gameplay, where most gameplay features echoes some lore shit or vice-versa.

Never played Demons Souls though. Is it as good as DS1 in these respects ? I guess not?

Elwro

Arcane
No, it's not. It's an amazing game but the levels are too disconnected for proper worldbuilding to be possible.

The original version had the problem that half of the content (by which I mean, of course, NPCs and item descriptions) wasunavailable due to factors outside of the player's control (world tendencies). This is the single thing that the remake needs to fix...

Last edited:

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I've been playing this for 8 years and only now I have learned that Ingward moves to Firelink when you talk to him after defeating 4K.
This is news to me.

What does he tell while there?
nothing, he just complains that the bright light hurts his eyes and that he wants to relocate back to new londo ruins.

This is rather funny, "hey guys I discovered this amazing secret in the dark souls game! This old man moves up with me and constantly complains he wants to go back hide under a rock! I'm glad I didn't miss this, even though the old man sure is missing his shithole"

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
Talking about Tomb of Giants in other thread and I realized it's one of the few levels that still makes me dread even after so many playthroughs.

I agree. I did many playthrough and even a SL1 run and Tombs is the only place I'm still unsure of the layout, if I explored everything in it, etc.

Elwro thanks for sharing I didn't know either lol.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Talking about Tomb of Giants in other thread and I realized it's one of the few levels that still makes me dread even after so many playthroughs.

I agree. I did many playthrough and even a SL1 run and Tombs is the only place I'm still unsure of the layout, if I explored everything in it, etc.

Elwro thanks for sharing I didn't know either lol.
I had to memorize it perfectly to finish a 100% no death run and now, after more than a year, I'm still confident that I could go through the Tomb of Giants with my eyes closed. Playing pure melee, the room with the giant skeletons orgy was one of the biggest obstacle in the entire run and I had to plan my build to tackle that more than any boss in the game.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is rather funny, "hey guys I discovered this amazing secret in the dark souls game! This old man moves up with me and constantly complains he wants to go back hide under a rock! I'm glad I didn't miss this, even though the old man sure is missing his shithole"
"Oh, hello. The sunlight made me wince, and now I've come back to this dark hole! So what brings you here? I will help you in any way I can."

He is not talking about going back. He is probably referring to the difference between NLR (which was a town), and Firelink which is a tiny place inbetween other places. He is also not upset, but actually quite happy to be helpful going forward.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom