Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

ShlongMaster

Educated
:declining:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"For the IP to evolve," my ass. Like Ultima and M&M and TES "evolved," I guess.

- Miyazaki is working full time on directing a new game. He will not disclose if it is a new IP or a sequel to something else.

At least maybe Miyazaki's current project is something to look forward to.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
"Miyazaki worked on Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, but for the IP to evolve and provide a new experience within the Dark Souls world the new wind from directors Shibuya and Tanimura is key to providing players with [a] brand new Dark Souls experience.

This sentence is so cliche I can't even bother to rage anymore.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

- Miyazaki is working full time on directing a new game. He will not disclose if it is a new IP or a sequel to something else.

This pretty much. My previous cautious neutrality towards the game has been downgraded to an expectation of total failure on par with oblivion. Will instead look forward to whatever Miyazaki is working on.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Pfft, it'll be a Day One Purchase for you -- and you'll even get all the DLC weapons!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Infinitron Who dares summon me?

and the widescreen-fix didn't help the 2005-look of the game, though that doesn't matter much to me (its looks were just presented as a selling-point here, so I was a bit disappointed I guess
It's a gorgeous game due it's great art style perfecting merging with the atmosphere, not due graphical fidelity & ultra-high textures... still, the difference without DsFix mod is massive.

Yup, it's impressive how good they managed to make the game on good art & level design alone, while working within the limitations of consoles which have very little memory to work with. Even though most of the assets and models were very simple, they managed to create a very consistent look that tied in well with the other aspects of the game such as lore/story and gameplay.

I can't say the same for all of the areas though, Demon Ruins, Lost Izalith and some of the later game areas felt rushed not only in the visual department but in the encounters as well. For example the 6 Taurus demons standing around on the flat area at the start of Demon Ruins looked really stupid, same goes with the Capra demons slightly further into that area.

We played the same game? I remember seeing the same three mud/shit recycled locations complete with exactly the same cut pasta layout. Lore really was hardcore though..man, it rivals ME and Dragon Age for depth. Fucking fanboys....there may only be 20 of them here, but they sure make their presence felt.

Now Derp Souls 2 is cumming? Can't wait for more console trash. Fuck, I bought a gaybox just to play this shit and it still was shit. Had to play a bit of Fable 2 to wash out the shit taste of DS and to improve my mood, now THAT is saying something that Fable 2 is 100 times the game that DS is.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
"- Shibuya says he wants to make things like the Covenant system clearer and more accessible, and he wants to make the story and messaging less subtle."
well, that declined quickly.

bminorkey

So apparently they're making a hint system for the storyline???

tl;dr DS2 a shit, everybody go home, wait for Miyazaki's new game

commie might like it though

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
What if Miyazaki's game is some derpy Armoured Core non-stop akshun-shooter nonsense sequel? Still Day 1 purchase for you fuckers?

Also commie, you're dumb. Just buying a DeclineBox for one game, then saying it's shit and then moving on to Fable 2 is the apex of tastelessness!

Ban all tasteless Race Traitors!

Delterius

Arcane
Pfft, it'll be a Day One Purchase for you -- and you'll even get all the DLC weapons!

No, even as a From Software fangirl I just can't support the decline. :(
Dreams must be crushed once in a while so that we distance ourselves from the fanatic masses, only then can the decline be fought.

So buy it and be a martyr, buy it so that you can become stronger to fight the decline, buy 5 copies even and gift it to fellow codexers. And, also, please be aware of our future promotions in a fast food joint closest to home!

<Subversive PR Speak>

Gozma

Arcane
Our game got traction with a small subculture of intense nerds in places besides Japan

WE GONNA BE CODBLOPS SALES NUMBERS NOW FULL JAP SPEED AHEAD

OH NO THE TRAIN WRECKED SUSHI IS EVERYWHERE BANKRUPTCY RITUAL SUICIDE

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
darksouls22_zps668a73e6.png

Sul

Savant
Calm the fuck down people. They didn't even spoke about the gameplay itself, the guy just said that he hopes to make the game less subtle and more acessible, no more hidden stuff, just a more direct approach when it comes to gameplay mechanics.
Namco-Bandai knows that difficulty and harsh gameplay (by today standards) was what made Dark/Demon's Souls popular, hell, the whole PR campaign for the game was based around this concept.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
- Shibuya says he wants to make things like the Covenant system clearer and more accessible, and he wants to make the story and messaging less subtle.

- He promises there will still be "hidden" elements in the story and world which can be missed.

I wish I could believe...

I really wish I could.

"Miyazaki worked on Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, but for the IP to evolve and provide a new experience within the Dark Souls world the new wind from directors Shibuya and Tanimura is key to providing players with [a] brand new Dark Souls experience.

This sentence is so cliche I can't even bother to rage anymore.

Does every company hire the same PR team? I mean, what is with the exact same phrases and sentences being thrown around by every company for every questionable decision?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Why don't we have the michael jackson popcorn gif anymore? The whole thread is ideal for it.

Higher Animal

Arcane
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...more-approachable-series-creator-steps-aside/

The original creator of the first two DS games is now in an "advisory" capacity and is disappointed in that decision. The two cunts taking his place are action video game "directors" who are part of Namco Bandai's peanut gallery franchise cum-milking squad. The only new component in the sequel is "time" where quests and tasks have a time limit or something like that. If Namco-Bandai wasn't dicking around with a proven success formula I would be excited. As it stands, the death of this series is now confirmed. Whether if it's with this one or the one after that is not important because the official change has taken place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom