Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The definitive, last Pillars of Eternity rating thread!

How would you rate Pillars of Eternity (with expansions and patches)?

Votes: 17 4.5%

Votes: 40 10.7%

Votes: 88 23.5%

Votes: 40 10.7%

Votes: 33 8.8%

Votes: 42 11.2%

Votes: 8 2.1%

Votes: 11 2.9%

Votes: 4 1.1%

Votes: 3 0.8%

Votes: 20 5.3%
  • J_C is a cuck! (kc)

Votes: 68 18.2%

• Total voters

Lhynn

Arcane
But in all honesty though, between poe's act 1 (which benefits from good pacing imo) and poe's high level stuff, you would actually rather go through defiance bay and dyrford's content rather than doing durgan's battery, the black dude's workshop and stalwart mine ?
Id rather skip both and do something better with my time. I hated stalwart mine, i liked the forge map itself, short as it was, it was filled with interesting details of everything that happened, i liked devil of caroc or whatever her name was (waifu material there), but the quest itself was boring as fuck.

Lhynn

Arcane
J_C sorry bout them low blows. Just, try not to argue with me if you dont have actual facts and a real argument to back it up, abusing stupidity comes naturally to me and i feel bad after if i do it to actual decent people. Ill try my best to be nicer with you, because you are an alright guy.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
J_C sorry bout them low blows. Just, try not to argue with me if you dont have actual facts and a real argument to back it up, abusing stupidity comes naturally to me and i feel bad after if i do it to actual decent people. Ill try my best to be nicer with you, because you are an alright guy.
No problem Lhynn, I know I'm going too far with shitposting sometimes. :)

KK1001

Arbiter
Okay, replayed through it, and yeah the game isn't good. About the only noteworthy features of the game are the standout class system - which unfortunately doesn't matter because of how boring, slow, and homogenized the combat system and how thoughtless the encounter design is.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
This seems like the best thread to bump for this. I've been playing a gunner the whole game and just got to Twin Elms. I've been using the rifles pretty much the whole time but there's a pretty sweet pistola here that is tempting. The DR reduction and damage penalty is still fairly large for what seems like a minor speed increase though. Is there any real reason for a gun-focused character to choose pistols over rifles? I'm sure this was discussed a hundred times when the game was new but I wasn't around then.

Max Damage

Savant
5 out of 10 seems right for me. It's decent fun, but I couldn't force myself to push through 3rd act because many aspects of the game feel disjointed. The bland writing, leveling system and encounter designs don't help either. I also think turn-based combat would suit the game much more, based on how many abilites each character has, and that you get to control 6 characters simultaneously. Mediocre AI presets and RTwP don't do the game justice.

Max Damage

Savant
For what it's worth, I genuinely enjoyed Act 1. It's not second coming of RPG Chirst, but Raedric's Hold felt like incline. I wouldn't get as far as Act 3 if I didn't expect something more like Act 1; alas, nothing similar happened. Reminds me of Lionheart because of that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom