Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Deletion

Lorica

Educated
To whom it may concern:

I've noticed that quite a few threads from this subforum were recently deleted.

I'm not sure what that means for the game, other than the fact that someone seems to still care about it.

If there's news, good or bad, would some mind sharing it?

Thanks.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Why is this board still here? :eek:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Nope, this was a Codex decision. We had an arrangement with Coreplay that they'd pay us a bit each month to have sub-forums and their own ad-free theme. Maintaining multiple themes and keeping them ad-free is a hassle for us so after discussion with HobGolin, it was decided we'd revert the forums to standard Codex theme and merge them all into one. Eventually, the forums may end up archived.

There shouldn't be any missing or deleted threads. Far as I know, all of them were moved into this one forum safely.

Lorica

Educated
Nope, this was a Codex decision. We had an arrangement with Coreplay that they'd pay us a bit each month to have sub-forums and their own ad-free theme. Maintaining multiple themes and keeping them ad-free is a hassle for us so after discussion with HobGolin, it was decided we'd revert the forums to standard Codex theme and merge them all into one. Eventually, the forums may end up archived.

There shouldn't be any missing or deleted threads. Far as I know, all of them were moved into this one forum safely.

That makes sense. Thanks for the reply--I'd kind of hoped it was due to good things happening on the Coreplay front.

There do seem to be some threads missing, though. I'm sorry to be vague, but two that come to mind are a dev-begun thread about in game currencies and a "let this board be a memorial" type thread. I posted in the latter; yesterday I noticed that my post had vanished and my post count went down.

All in all, not a holocaust, but a mystery.

J1M

Arcane
Chaos Chronicles deleted my motivation to work on my own project. Then it imploded on itself for 10d6 damage. Hmm, sounds like a spell in an old splat-book.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
There are definitely threads deleted here. There was the entire one called something like "summer time" which was long and discussed the legal issues, that guy getting fired, etc.

I guess they want to cover their asses, now that they are applying for new jobs the shit must be extremely embarassing. I guess I don't care though, we all had a good laugh already.

Jews deleted your posts. for realz my man.

Also whats with the Codex Hosted Games forums bing such a graveyard of promising titles? I don't think I would ever want my own game to have its section on the KKKodex.

Ironic isn't it! Codex hosted CRPG is the retardo land of official game forums.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No conspiracies here. DU just fucked up a bit when merging the subforums, no big deal, business as usual etc.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Is there any chance for a second life of the project?
While Coreplay.de is now for sale, before there was a message like "music has ended, but le melody still continue".
http://trade.domainname.de/?lang=en

And in the same time, the project is still living on the bitComposer website, with a specified sentence :"coming 2014".So I guess they could have get all the rights finally, and secretly asked someone else to finsih it. It would be easy to understand there is no more communication even if the project is still living

edit: "the song is ended, but the melody lingers on..."

Last edited:

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
I know I should, specially since the project won't have the total Hobgob touch if the game will finally be relased.I guess there could be game mechanics adjustments, as some of them were not implemented (remember the poll like the complex monetary system) when the conflict has been revealed (March 2013)

Last edited:

imweasel

Give it some time until this shit is sorted out in court. I'm sure will see Chaos Chronicles by the end of the year or early 2015.

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
The bitComposer CM has just repllied :
http://www.rpgfrance.com/actu-12984-1-shadows-heretic-kingdoms-sort-ombre#post23

translated quote
Chaos Chronicles is still a bitCompser project, it's true.That is why the game still got his place on our official site.
However,Chaos Chronicles for now is no more under development, but we still hope it will change.Sorry, but I can't tell you more about it.
Michael (Hoss) still works for bC, but he's assigned to the other projects
So, CC is not totally canceled, the development is just stopped

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom