Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Division by Ubisoft

Hellion

Arcane
It also took 1 or 2 years for the Division 1 to get this much end-game content with updates/DLC. TD2 seems to have much more going for it at launch: missions/side-missions, Bounties starting at a lower level, set items available early as well, the Conflict PVP game, open-world faction activities (I've found at least 6-7 different types of such "missions" so far), Clan activities, the whole settlements sub-game, random roaming Named bosses, more extended Dark Zone PVE and PVP options, plus the arrival of Black Tusk Forces during the end-game "crisis" that seems to change things quite a bit, as well as the class "specialization" that opens up at the same time. I'm sure I'm forgetting something or have probably not seen everything yet because I haven't reached level 30.

If only the actual main/side-missions that you must complete in order to progress the story weren't so god-damned boring and repetitive, as I stated before.

ADL

Prophet
Just saw the overview of endgamLooks like this has the strongest "end game" since the release of vanilla World of Warcraft in two thousand fucking four.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You can only join one clan and the game appears to favour large clans in completing the challenges.
Release tonight for me.
Hope the servers don't overload.
I'll probably go slow and solo till end game, fully explore the area before progressing.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Also pretty hyped for this, not played a decent MP shoot'n'loot since Warframe, and got burnt out on that after 80 or so hours. Hoping the more real world setting hits the spot with this one.

Still two days to go for me, figured I might be playing this for months so could plump for standard edition and no early start. Damn if this isn't the first Ubisoft game I've ever bought on release!

someone else

Arcane
Patron
If you are serious about a Codex clan, we'll need 4 players and a name that does isn't KKK.
Names like: Agents Of Diversity, Prestigious Gentlemen Club or hopw roewur ne
rating_prosper.png
I like hopw roewur ne

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Bizarre thing in Division 1 is only at your final level 30 does the game open up and you have access to High Value Targets, exotic loot, gear sets, West Pier and Resistance, Underground, Survivor, Incursions, PvP modes and world tier 5 Dark Zone where the action is.
The meat of the game is endgame, tough legendary missions with hunters and players working together to complete them.
Gear set bonuses heavily change the way you play.

"Endgame syndrome" was invented by MMORPGs, the whole concept of: playing the bulk of the game and leveling up to X level is a "chore" that has to be done as fast as possible so you can play the "real" game is incredibly degenerate and terrible game design. I guess the only good thing about the Battle Royale genre is it doesnt use this shitty paradigm, but they have their own problems. In fact many of the problems with modern single player games can be traced to multiplayer eg. The obsession with "Balance" and all the shit that has created.

Really makes you think... No wonder I FUCKING HATE multiplayer games.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
I remember back in the 90s Diablo 1 & 2 has the level up till hardest difficulty where you then grind/farm bosses for uniques and sets.
Guess Div is Diablo with guns.

Last edited:

someone else

Arcane
Patron
I had just left the Theater when I noticed a group of civilians on their way to gather resources. I decided to follow them and provide support. Eventually they found a building with a sign saying "Looters Will Be Shot". The man leading the group, the only one with a gun, said, "It's too hot."

Another member of the group then noticed me and said, "We've got an agent with us!"

The leader turned and said, "We've got Division help? Let's go!"

We entered the building and found a courtyard with supplies, the leader then began collecting water from a container while the others spread out. I guarded the entrance.

Once we were supplied, we headed back. On our way I spotted a group of Hyenas patrolling. I was forced to engage when they opened fire. The civilians ran when they heard gunfire, but two guards from the settlement came running and helped me finish off the thugs. We all made it. I caught up with the group and they returned safely. The sentry guarding the settlement shouted, "They're back with supplies!" and cheered.

This was incredible. Take a moment to appreciate what just happened.

A group of NPCs independently went to collect supplies, they were smart enough to not enter an area they knew was dangerous, they then recognized there was a Division agent there to keep them safe and went to collect supplies. When they were finished, they walked back to their settlement. As they walked back another group of NPCs noticed they had supplies and opened fire. When they heard gunfire they ran to safety, and two more NPCs who were armed came to assist me in protecting the civilians.

We've come so far from civilians asking for water bottles and giving us random loot.

Washington D.C. is alive and I have never felt more immersed in an open world game. I am blown away.

Massive, you've truly outdone yourselves. You managed to make searching for water an engaging and rewarding task.
is true, dynamic simulation?

Hellion

Arcane
It is true, yes. Civilians will form squads and venture out of captured control points to patrol or gather resources from nodes and return them to their base, and you can join in on these trips if you come across them. During their excursions they might come under attack from similar enemy patrols, and if a fight breaks out with allies nearby they will run and join in.

someone else

Arcane
Patron

Just finished this Space Administration HQ mission.
The environments are fantastic, this are some of the best layouts I've played.
Did they use the real floor plans of buildings? Are those museums similar IRL?

Last edited:

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah, quite enjoying it in a mindless, explore and shoot stuff kind of way. The movement took a while to get used to, and I'm still not sure sprint toggle is working like it should, but I'm getting used to it. If you're the kind of person who found TW3 movement weird and imprecise, more of the same here. The shooting is good though, decent gunplay and the AI seem pretty capable even at my low level. There's the usual, 'run up and try and melee you' kind of fodder, but the ranged guys are quite handy with grenades and will blow you out of cover regularly. Yellow bosses take some beating and I've died a couple of times already.

Hard to judge the loot yet, I've /trashed 95% of it so far but you get just about the right amount. Not too much that you're stopping every other kill to check it, but enough to keep you wondering what's in that next crate. As mentioned by others, the environments are very well done and although the enormous amount of chest height walls are a meme now, it still somehow looks pretty natural. I've enjoyed the missions so far but agree I can see it getting a bit samey before long.

Grouped up with two randoms so far, neither of which seemed to realise mics are live by default and proceeded to have conversations about the game with some dude/ kid. Quite amusing. Having text chat is nice and apparently not a given for MP games these days?

Multiplayer popamole done right I would say, but it's early days.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm also on EU. Played with randoms yesterday, and I was surprised how everyone stuck together and helped each other. The environments are cool as hell, and very detailed. The apocalypse setting looks really damn good.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Can players from different regions can join clans from other regions?
I ping well on US even though I'm in Asia, Europe seems ok when I was on their server during beta.
Maybe one of you start a clan in Europe and be the Commander? You will have to do clan admin though you can share the duties.
Remember we need 4 members before getting the clan features.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-division-2/clans-account-limit-quarters-clan-projects

We probably won't be gaming much due to level difference, I joined some random clan and our levels are all over the place. We still share the grind.
It looks like clans are more suitable for the endgame co-op which will take a while unless you have a lot of free time to game.

Tip: The chemical launcher repairer makes the game a lot easier for solo.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Can players from different regions can join clans from other regions?
Yeah my friends in Europe are in my NA clan just fine no restrictions including the two voice channels and grouping up for co-op and their clan contributions.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Just found out that co-op normalization is in place for D2 so players can play even with huge level difference.
BUT currently it is bugged, damage you do is fine, damage you take is not normalized, developers are aware of this bug.

So shall we form US or EU clan?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How does the settlement upgrade work?

I seem to be stuck at "cooperation". Not sure how to improve the water situation and such.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom