Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Discussion in 'BioWare' started by Bradylama, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Bradylama Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Bradylama
    Yeah, Dragon Age: Independence is a much bigger improvement. Now you can just hold down attack and win.

^ Top  
  2. set Cipher

set
    Dude, BioWare is developing with xbox controllers wired up at their desk. Not a single dev photo was shown with them testing with KBM input. You know what kind of developers they are if you even remmber half of playing DA2 w/ a KBM setup.

^ Top  
  3. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    It fucking is though. Tactical mode doesn't even fucking work correctly, it is just tacked on bullshit. You can hardly even see what the fuck is going on during a battle in tactical mode.

The game is designed for button mashing with the controller without using the tactical camera.

^ Top  
  4. IncendiaryDevice Self-Ejected Village Idiot

Self-Ejected
    You can be anything you want to be

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. Psquit Arcane

Psquit
    Codex reaction to Faggot age the cisquisition

Show Spoiler

WHY DID I PRE-ORDER THIS SHIT?!
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  6. set Cipher

set
    Can you be the dragon this time?

^ Top  
  7. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Old and busted: I want to be a dragon

NEW HOTNESS: RIDE THE BULL

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Azarkon Arcane

Azarkon
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  9. dryan Arcane

dryan

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Karwelas Dwarf Taffer

Karwelas
    Don't forget about choices! Let's give player more freedom! Let Bull ride the player!

^ Top  
  11. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Can't be worse than DA2

Surprised RK plays it third person, or is it mandatory on X-box? Probably should play it in isometric, point&click flying numbers mode ala Infinity Games

^ Top  
  12. circ Arcane

circ
    Nope. That templar/inquisition boob chick looks alright.

^ Top  
  13. Bratislav Arcane

Bratislav
    How is bull riding ingame? Is it immersive enough?

^ Top  
  14. set Cipher

set
    Can you kill/refuse companions? I imagine they come back anyway...?

^ Top  
  15. circ Arcane

circ
    is the game out already then?

^ Top  
  16. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    If RKs first combat video is any indication, biowarian choice is back in all its glory.

Fast forward to 3:20

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Goat Vomit Andhaira

Unwanted
    Andhaira
    If you paid for the game I'd wager you'd feel pretty butthurt afterwards, so it's p. realistic.
    :badum tshh:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. RPGMaster Savant

RPGMaster
    Leliana looks like she's had some serious botox work done.

Would not bed.

^ Top  
  19. Psquit Arcane

Psquit
    Matthias is your savior. He will make you into a perfect union of man and machine. A race of synthetic warriors who will destroy those butchers in Arizona, and bring our clean and perfect future to all corners of the world....

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Rivmusique Arcane Patron

Rivmusique
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Well, I watched this all the way through finally.

:lol: I haven't watched an AJ video since early in his channel because I decided it's not for me, so I'm not sure if this is the norm. He sounds like he is going through a list of "Don't forget to mention x" written by Bio. That bit where he shows the tac camera, says it is super great to see it return then never uses it is amazing.

That last fight was nothing, he played only controlling his own character with AI on default tactics, looked away from the boss who was giving long 'warning' animations (so he would have known when to move from the targeted attacks it threw out for huge damage), played mostly in RT and wasted a heap of time doing nothing with the character he was controlling. He still almost killed it, if he popped potions he would have. On the hardest difficulty. There was also the early shit he was fighting, just seemed like Nightmare gave them way to much health, the still weren't a threat, just a lot of time auto attacking.

If any of you find a fun fight while you playthrough on Nightmare, upload and let us know how frequent they are, fun combat could make this worth a look for me. Paraphrased dialogue options combined with the writing style (the amount of times I've seen something reasonable chosen on the wheel and then the PC tries to be Bioware-funny ... I couldn't take it), 'go to the marker' quests and the accept/decline sidequests (which apparently is a lot of what you'll be doing, as you have to to build power for the MQ's I think?) aren't appealing.

I'd like to hear how the choices pan out, I bet you end up resolving the Mages vs Templars stuff, deciding how the mages are policed. You did this in Origins as well, but sequels decided it didn't matter. Ruler of Orlais will probably be in your hands to, I think there is a rebellion going on during the game. So I'm looking forward to SV's LP I suppose.

^ Top  
  21. pippin Guest

pippin
    Actually I think Leliana looks vaguely like Felicia Day now. It's like having her in that DLC and poorly made youtube series wasn't enough.

^ Top  
  22. mastroego Arcane

mastroego
    Imweasel, I value your opinions and enjoy your posts but let me tell you, you should have known better.
    By the way, ARE they going to refund?

^ Top  
  23. Azarkon Arcane

Azarkon
    Codex has high standards, but my example with DAI Leliana is that her design was a try at making an attractive woman according to mainstream standards. I don't think that's the case for Cassandra, Sera, and Josephine, especially the former two. I personally believe that the DAI artists and designers set out to depict the 'average homely woman' as per SJW goals.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    Yep. But i'll make up for it by warning everybody about this game.

Nope. :lol:

They came up with some bullshit saying that I played for more than 24 hours (which is of course impossible), so I won't get my money back. The "Great Game Guarantee" mentioned on Origin's website is bullshit.

Oh well.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Mystary! Arcane

Mystary!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Speaking of plastic hair... Is it supposed to be an inside joke about Gaider's toupée or something?

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top