Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
I find it amusing that RPS who continuously preach that games shouldn't just be fun etc. now praise DAI as the bestest RPG, because it's like "comfort food". Yes, it's the McDonald's of games, kind of the opposite of Gone Home or Depression Fest. Huh.

edit: actually, "Alec" kind of nails it, even if he likes Sera.

Diablo169

Arcane
psepho says:

What a disgusting and unmitigated display of arrogance. How dare you presume to tell us what is and isn’t a “slap in the face for all PC gamers”.

I have been playing games on PC for decades as have many others here. Others may have only started playing recently. Either way, it’s not for you or anyone else to declare what constitutes PC gaming or speak for the PC Gaming community.

Many people who play games on PC seem to have liked DAI a lot — including both Adam and Alec. It’s not your business to tell them what should and shouldn’t go in their list, whatever your thoughts on the game itself.

:bunkertime:

Glaurung

Liberal's alt
Shitposter
Reading the anwers to LordCrash's perfectly reasonable and valid opinion made me lose faith in humanity. These moronic sheeple would foam at the mouth in defense of absolutely anything that is fashionable these days.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I find it amusing that they chose what they themselves describe as a "comfort food" RPG as RPGOTY, when it was precisely this year that had so many good to great non-"comfort food" RPGs (some of which even RPS themselves enjoyed).

Naraya

Arcane
I have to admit there was a time when I thought RPS was one of the most neutral and objective game review sites but the more I read it the more I see it's full of pretentious, leftist crap and focuses on things I don't care about (like gender). I think the time has come to remove RPS from my RSS feed list.

Azeot

Arbiter
If they didn't give the goty to dragon age, but say to Wasteland 2, then a lot less people would have read the article, which means less money and, probably, no hope of getting a review copy of whatever EA's next game is, which again means less views, money and prestige.
RPS doesn't give a crap about junk food or not. The masses like DA:I, so the best thing to do is milk every cent out of it with shitty AAR (or whatever those things they where posting some time ago were), awards and so on while there is still hype for the game.

and I used to like RPS, not even so long ago. Now I barely read the titles.

Branm

Learned
Pretty sad days.... I off and on visit RPS....Saw that same post about Dragon Age when I went there today and was shocked...Then again suppose I shouldn't be considering they had 3 articles about the fucking game....

I mean fuck I wont even leech this game and its not like I'm at all concerned about bandwidth or have a need to use public trackers to grab it. RPG GOTY my ass...

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Yeah i dont hate DAI but best RPG 2014 is ridiculous and makes no sense at all. At least this means it cannot get best game? Not sure how rps works apart from apparently acepting sums of monies from the devil.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I have to admit there was a time when I thought RPS was one of the most neutral and objective game review sites but the more I read it the more I see it's full of pretentious, leftist crap and focuses on things I don't care about (like gender). I think the time has come to remove RPS from my RSS feed list.

It's not all in your mind, they've changed a lot since the early days.

I find it amusing that they chose what they themselves describe as a "comfort food" RPG as RPGOTY, when it was precisely this year that had so many good to great non-"comfort food" RPGs (some of which even RPS themselves enjoyed).

Even funnier when you visualize comfort food close on the "food ladder" to junk food.

like...

doritos...

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Dragon Age Inquisition is such an utterly bland soap opera-fest of a drab nothingness that I vomit at the mere thou...

:takemymoney:

I actually didn't mind Dragon Age Inquisition, it has it's flaws, of which there were many, such as...

:takemymoney::takemymoney:

You know, I really like Dragon Age inquisition. It's like they are rewriting the rule book on RPGs and blowing our minds with ever increasing complexity, it might not be GOTY but...

:takemymoney::takemymoney::takemymoney:

OMG Dragon Age Inquisition is my absolute GOTY, cleans the opposition right out the water and leaves them breathless at the starting line!

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Ok,the pc modding community stepped in where BW failed hard.

Thanks to their efforts it is now possible to WALK. (You know for your roleplaying pleasure) This can be TOGGLED or just hold a button. Amazingly this button is configurable!

Im sure at BW HQ they are scrambling right now, how the hell did the modders accomplish something this MF complex where we Failed? Alarm bells ringing!

Source is the unmentionable forums.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
Thanks to their efforts it is now possible to WALK.

fuuyeah.png

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ok,the pc modding community stepped in where BW failed hard.

Thanks to their efforts it is now possible to WALK. (You know for your roleplaying pleasure) This can be TOGGLED or just hold a button. Amazingly this button is configurable!

Im sure at BW HQ they are scrambling right now, how the hell did the modders accomplish something this MF complex where we Failed? Alarm bells ringing!

Source is the unmentionable forums.

If they add a walk toggle, I will buy this game.

When it will be on sale a year later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom