Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

cfisher2833

Learned
"Don't misunderstand, I like this game, but..."

No, you really don't like it. What you're experiencing is cognitive dissonance. You're also tone censoring because you're a coward and are afraid of the other fans attacking you.

Cowardice, cowardice everywhere.

People will put up with a lot of garbage (and DA:I is complete fucking garbage) as long as the game world is pretty, and Inqusition is really quite pretty. Now, if you combined the best elements of Origins with the artistic direction and world design of Inqusition, that could be a hell of a game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Looking fwd to 19th May. No idea what Witcher 3 is gonna be gameplay wise but it's already pretty obvious a relatively obscure potato dev will shit all over the mighty Bioware in production value. I'm gonna drink dat sweet BSN butthurt like a freshly squeezed pomegranate juice.

Athelas

Arcane
Looking fwd to 19th May. No idea what Witcher 3 is gonna be gameplay wise but it's already pretty obvious a relatively obscure potato dev will shit all over the mighty Bioware in production value. I'm gonna drink dat sweet BSN butthurt like a freshly squeezed pomegranate juice.
Didn't this already happen with the Witcher 2?

imweasel

Apparently the game is already on sale for $40, just six weeks out? I refuse to install Origin, but I am seeing notices that this is the case.
The game doesn't seem to be selling too well according to sales charts posted on Neogaf. I am almost certain that Origins sold better than this fucking turd.

I hate to suck Skyrim's dick, but that was still going for full sticker price over a year after release. Gah - Bioware cannot make a good game to save their life any longer.
Skyrim is pure shit, but it is certainly a lot better than Inquistion.

Crevice tab

Savant
People will put up with a lot of garbage (and DA:I is complete fucking garbage) as long as the game world is pretty, and Inqusition is really quite pretty. Now, if you combined the best elements of Origins with the artistic direction and world design of Inqusition, that could be a hell of a game.

The world design and artistic direction isn't anything to write home about. They are the least offensive parts of the game but calling them good would stretch things too far- just scrape DAI, forget that it exists or at most reuse some of the artwork here and there.

Sykar

Arcane

I bet BW expected that Witcher 3 comes out next year and knew it would blow them out of the water for any awards that year, so they rushed Dragon Turd:Inquitardation asap this year to avoid getting embarassed. :dgaider:

I bet BW expected that Witcher 3 comes out next year and knew it would blow them out of the water for any awards that year, so they rushed Dragon Turd:Inquitardation asap this year to avoid getting embarassed. :dgaider:
You honestly believe "awards" have anything to do with game quality? :dgaider:

Glaurung

Liberal's alt
Shitposter
I'm having a hard time getting back to this game after moving to Skyhold. The place is packed with banal shit boring dialogues and pointless cinematic sequences, I've gotten through most of them and realized I have no desire to see anything outside of this place, or inside it for that matter. Is it worth saving the empress from whatever? Also, if you make Alexius a Tranquil, do you ever get to see him in Skyhold again?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm having a hard time getting back to this game after moving to Skyhold. The place is packed with banal shit boring dialogues and pointless cinematic sequences, I've gotten through most of them and realized I have no desire to see anything outside of this place, or inside it for that matter. Is it worth saving the empress from whatever? Also, if you make Alexius a Tranquil, do you ever get to see him in Skyhold again?

Far as the main plot is concerned, it's all banal shit boring turd and not worth your time. If I was to play the game with the knowledge I have now I'd just progress enough to open up all the areas and then spend like a day of strolling around, beating a few dragons and admiring the beautiful scenery. Then uninstall.

Saber-Scorpion

Learned
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Sera just babbles random nonsense.

"The veil, she's salty here."

What.
(the Storm Coast? Is it salty? What?)

She's making fun of Solas, who is always talking cryptically about the veil in every zone, saying "the veil is thin here," "the veil is weak here," etc. So Sera says crap like "the veil is fat here" and "the veil is veil-y here" to mock him.

I kinda like bringing Sera along, once you get past her cringeworthy introduction. She doesn't take everything so seriously, and I also like that she's genuinely stupid. Not fake-stupid in a way that hides some inner wisdom like most "stupid" characters, but just aggressively and unapologetically dumb in a way that's almost endearing.

Still ugly tho.

Deleted member 7219

The best "stupid" character BioWare have ever written is Black Whirlwind from Jade Empire. He's just a big brute who likes killing things and doesn't get annoying.

Sera could be excused as being mentally disabled, but the problem is I think the writers who are now at BioWare actually think she's smart and funny. To me, she's like a mascot for the company now and how far it has fallen.

pippin

All in all, Bio sure loves their "stupid" characters. I do remember people being addicted to coke lirium in the original game, I wonder if they explained it like that.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sera could be excused as being mentally disabled, but the problem is I think the writers who are now at BioWare actually think she's smart and funny.

I'd say they actually think she's interesting which she's not. But there are some funny bits with her. "Mai Bhalsych of Korse" made me genuinely lol.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
S3VZPqp.jpg

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's interesting because I used to not really mind cheating if it helped me get through some tedious grinding but at some point I realized that there are usually far more engaging stories told in books, tv series, manga etc. That was when cheating died for me completely, if I don't get to have some fun with the bulk content of a game i.e. combat or decision making or planning or resource management then the whole experience just falls apart. You sort of realize that you are sitting there staring at screen not engaged at all and when it's over you strongly wish you had done something else.

Well, that's basically the truth. Bioware's fan base would shrink rapidly over night if more of them discovered the joy of reading.

maverick

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I can relate to that. After getting to Skyhold, I felt the game opened so many options of quests and places to go, that I felt a bit overwhelmed and disheartened. I mean, variety is good, but variety made of MMO-style quests, long walks, shitty combat and most of all, bland dialogs, is not variety, it's just filler content.

This game feels like SWTOR with 3 companions...

Anyway, got tired, put combat on "Casual", and forced myself to finish just for the sake of finishing the game =/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom