Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Also, Patrick Weekes has since joined the Dragon Age team and was the main writer on DAI's Trespasser DLC, the most story-heavy part of the series so far.
DLC's story that that is nothing more than teaser for a next episode? Yes, very impressive - hey, look how everyone make a grand plans for a future. It is not like you'd see them again - importing optional story parts between games is bad for a revenue.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
DLC's story that that is nothing more than teaser for a next episode? Yes, very impressive - hey, look how everyone make a grand plans for a future. It is not like you'd see them again - importing optional story parts between games is bad for a revenue.
Inquisition's villain was introduced in a Dragon Age 2 DLC.

Prime Junta

And it's really braindead that there isn't a cheap-ass GOTY edition available that has it. I picked up DA2 for pennies partly so I could get the low-down on Corypheus. I was not pleased when it turned out Origin wanted moar shekels for that privilege. :keepmyjewgold:

Falksi

Arcane
God when will it end?

I'm running the final mission now, and it's going on for fucking EVER. It's incredible that they felt the need to force even more of the shit which you've already done for 100-odd hours down your throat again.

Codex Year of the Donut
God when will it end?

I'm running the final mission now, and it's going on for fucking EVER. It's incredible that they felt the need to force even more of the shit which you've already done for 100-odd hours down your throat again.
Did you do the deep roads DLC yet?
It can(and should be) done before most of the main story, and it's the best part.

Prime Junta

God when will it end?

Hang in there, only a couple of bossfights with a gorillion hit point to chip through, and you're ready to get right back to collecting shards.

passerby

Arcane

And it's really braindead that there isn't a cheap-ass GOTY edition available that has it. I picked up DA2 for pennies partly so I could get the low-down on Corypheus. I was not pleased when it turned out Origin wanted moar shekels for that privilege. :keepmyjewgold:

There are complete DLC packs for all Bioware games on Origin now. DA2/ME2 DLC packs were sold for 10$ ( 66% off ) a month ago, if you care you can check out during black friday/christmas sales.

Prime Junta

There are complete DLC packs for all Bioware games on Origin now. DA2/ME2 DLC packs were sold for 10$ ( 66% off ) a month ago, if you care you can check out during black friday/christmas sales.

It is not worth ten bucks.

Daidre

Arcane

If you are not at the Trespasser DLC than there is nice palace full statuette collecting awaiting for you in the future.

Flemeth is a major character.
She was before Solas ate her, and part where she enslaves Morrigan is optional, since it could be inquisitor in her place. Being linked to MC in some saves ruins her chances a lot.

Codex Year of the Donut

DLC for old EA games is free, which includes DA:O, DA2, ME1, and ME2.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/

Codex Year of the Donut
Nu-BioWare only does one (writing) thing competently: companions. Everything else is just stuff to do in-between the bonding. (Or -age, depending.)
Also, I don't think any other series comes close to Dragon Age in terms of reactivity. Closest is probably Mass Effect tbh.
Seriously, check the number of flags in a DAI save editor sometime. The amount of imported flags from DA:O/DA2 is staggering.

Prime Junta

Also, I don't think any other series comes close to Dragon Age in terms of reactivity. Closest is probably Mass Effect tbh.
Seriously, check the number of flags in a DAI save editor sometime. The amount of imported flags from DA:O/DA2 is staggering.

You're right. I was thinking specifically about writing there though -- how well the text, character development, story etc. resonates. Reactivity is an additional dimension to it.

I'm also nowhere near as negative on the overall story arcs and what have you as some people here, they're perfectly serviceable for the most part, just nothing exceptional. IMO the biggest weakness in BioWare writing is lack of originality in worldbuilding -- Thedas and the ME universe are both painfully derivative, carefully ticking all the genre boxes and never even trying to surprise you in any way, as well as often having major gaps in logic or continuity. (Could go on a tangent about this but don't feel like it RN.)

Daidre

Arcane
Year ago when I tried to get MEs at big Origin sale it was nasty surprise for me. ME2 DLCs were sold only in separate pack, costed more than original game and were not discounted. After some research I found out that they were never discounted on previous sales.

Prime Junta

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/download-dlc-for-classic-origin-games/

Huh. The page says to download them through the Origin game store if you bought them through it. I did, and I don't see the DLC on my page. Instead there are links with which I can spend moneys to purchase them. WTF...?

If you scroll down there seem to be download links to the DLCs for ME2/DA2 there, under show more buttons.

Well fuck me. Keep doing this and they'll turn me into an antisemite.

passerby

Arcane

Huh. The page says to download them through the Origin game store if you bought them through it. I did, and I don't see the DLC on my page. Instead there are links with which I can spend moneys to purchase them. WTF...?

If you scroll down there seem to be download links to the DLCs for ME2/DA2 there, under show more buttons.

Well fuck me. Keep doing this and they'll turn me into an antisemite.

It seems they are not supposed to work with the Origin version, I've missed it... but you can give them a try.

Prime Junta

Y U spread fake news

erbeIBK.png

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Yeah the fact Origin still uses Bioware points for that shit is insane. I own most of them from the old Bioware website days, but the few I don't have want Bioware Points even in 2019 and fuck that.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
My old purchases from the Bioware site are now mine on Origin. There is a DLC button you click and then you have to download them individually, unlike Steam. If they're not unlocked you might have a different Origin account than Bioware account. I'd email support.

On a side note, I went to finish DA:I last night, and it became apparent I needed another 20 power to activate the last mission, so spent 90min shutting rifts etc. instead, and still require another 8 power tonight.

What an absolutely God-awfuly fucking stupid system. Bioware's worst designed game by a country mile. DA:2 might be as shit if not shitter, I'll let you decide that, but DA:I created a whole new standard in bad design.
I couldn't take that and resorted to cheating (which I hardly do)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom