Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:lol: The way they all decide the PC will be useful because of the mark on his hand is crazy. "Green hand getting bigger, thing in the sky is getting bigger so I theorise the only way to close it is to put your hand near it! Release the mysterious prisoner we suspect of starting this immediately!" Maybe they end up doing something with it (Revan-esque "we were lying from the start, we know who you are" maybe?), but as is, why wouldn't they have it happen on accident while you're being moved around and everyone being surprised? Just seems unnecessarily ridiculous. And the justification for letting you decide that battle plan at the end of tutorial "Why me?" "We must keep you alive, so tell us what to do please". Eh, bioware.

Enjoying RKs video's, keep 'em coming.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
games like Mass Effect series had one of the most engaging stories and characters ever written in crpg gaming, Mordin, Wrex are among best npc's in today's crpgs.
Not that I disagree with Mordin and Wrex being good characters, but Bioware NPCs are usually better read than written, meaning high-quality well-payed voice actors giving them personality and making them seem more interesting than they would otherwise be. In terms of writing they are pretty mediocre, even with gaming standards in mind (not book/film/TV).
Another aspect is that Bioware dedicates A LOT of its writing towards NPCs, so they are fully-fledged. This is not necessarily good writing (quantity over quality approach), but it does work in making them seem more interesting. Also, more writing means there will be statistically more good moments in these dialogues too (and good moments is what people tend to remember, especially over time).

Shadenuat

Arcane
Still looks better than DA2, combat at least. It will probably even be challenging on highest difficulty. And Cassandra is sorta okay?
Otherwise - modern BioGame. Corridors with monsters and a dialogue wheel. Waiting to see open world and cards game if RK ever gets there.

RK47

Patron
Still looks better than DA2, combat at least. It will probably even be challenging on highest difficulty. And Cassandra is sorta okay?
Otherwise - modern BioGame. Corridors with monsters and a dialogue wheel. Waiting to see open world and cards game if RK ever gets there.

Combat is better? What? What? What? What? WHAT?
I just finished one round of co-op.
Compared to ME3 Beta launch.
This is dogshit.

bussinrounds

Augur
It will be good crpg, without Gaider lgbt marketing it will have much better reception among players. Personally i don't have nothing against gays, lesbians or transsexuals [maybe i just don't agree to adopting children by them but thats all], this way or another these people were always part of society. And they deserve dignity and normal laws like any other human being.
If it's not main gameplay feature let it be, i think most of "gay haters" here and in overall, still lives with their mommy, have skyrocketing complexes or are just retards.
To some point making laugh about too much gay content in the game is nothing wrong like any other funny comments, but calling other people faggots etc. every time is just retarded "racism" and kind of sickness.
Calling Bioware shitty company etc. is also "too much", its good developer in the past but also in present gaming, and games like Mass Effect series had one of the most engaging stories and characters ever written in crpg gaming, Mordin, Wrex are among best npc's in today's crpgs.
Not to mention art style and overall scale.
It's sad that some people can say that writing, stories and rest were great only in Torment, BG, Fallouts etc. and are closed for new views, new games and new mechanics, calling almost any non-standard crpg game shit. Sure old games were great but new ones can be great too.
I play oldies to this day, launching Fallouts, Ishar etc. but please, they are just good "memories" of the past, for many of us from childhood where everything "was better". Time to move on.
Not to mention reading rpg Codex is sometimes boring becouse 85% of posts are about criticize and bash something. I wonder what are you doing in real life guys and what are your achievements there? Are you talking to your kids same way? "Go play fuking retard" etc. ? Maybe most of You just don't have kids, or own families becouse i doubt any normal adult person can spread so large ammount of "hate" ;).
It looks like 3/4 of codex are just unhappy loosers, just a impression after some time.
Lurk harder retard. Games like the Souls games or Dark Arisen are praised here, for instance, because the action gameplay is actually pretty good and they don't have an idiot compass leading you around. (all the bs hand holding) They're not old games or standard cRPGs., are they ? Neither is Bloodlines, but the writing is actually decent. So, yea, maybe you should get your ass back to the watch tower buddy.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Not sure if this was posted but this clown writing for Polygon names DA:I's best asset the writing.

https://archive.today/l8tmG

For a game where this occurs:
aVZ04PO.jpg
Is there a character that isn't gay on this game?:lol:

dryan

Arcane

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
For those that wanted the original source on the DRM allegedly being bad for SSDs, it seems to be this Russian article:
http://gamemag.ru/news/drm-zashchita-dragon-ageinquisition-denuvo-antitamper-ubivaet-ssdhdd-101753

The alleged proof (40 mins gameplay before/after):
V8wiLYR.png

That website mentions codex as the source. Is this an infinite loop of sources.

Hell at least we have some actual evidence of some kind. Would be nice to get the original evidence as well though.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It will be good crpg, without Gaider lgbt marketing it will have much better reception among players. Personally i don't have nothing against gays, lesbians or transsexuals [maybe i just don't agree to adopting children by them but thats all], this way or another these people were always part of society. And they deserve dignity and normal laws like any other human being.
If it's not main gameplay feature let it be, i think most of "gay haters" here and in overall, still lives with their mommy, have skyrocketing complexes or are just retards.
To some point making laugh about too much gay content in the game is nothing wrong like any other funny comments, but calling other people faggots etc. every time is just retarded "racism" and kind of sickness.
Calling Bioware shitty company etc. is also "too much", its good developer in the past but also in present gaming, and games like Mass Effect series had one of the most engaging stories and characters ever written in crpg gaming, Mordin, Wrex are among best npc's in today's crpgs.
It's sad that some people can say that writing, stories and rest were great only in Torment, BG, Fallouts etc. and are closed for new views, new games and new mechanics, calling almost any non-standard crpg game shit. Sure old games were great but new ones can be great too.
I play oldies to this day, launching Fallouts, Ishar etc. but please, they are just good "memories" of the past, for many of us from childhood where everything "was better". Time to move on.
Not to mention reading rpg Codex is sometimes boring becouse 85% of posts are about criticize and bash something. I wonder what are you doing in real life guys and what are your achievements there? Are you talking to your kids same way? "Go play fuking retard" etc. ? Maybe most of You just don't have kids, or own families becouse i doubt any normal adult person can spread so large ammount of "hate" ;).
It looks like 3/4 of codex are just unhappy loosers, just a impression after some time.
And I suppose you will throw your hand in the air now, and leave the codex forever. Right? RIGHT? Pussy.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Hehehe nope, i just think that this forum needs more optimism and good natured people ;) So from now i will be writing just positive posts here, spread smiles, ponies and spirit of good will. DIEEE TROLLS!:mob:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, resident Bioware fans and Bioware fans-in-denial, do you want me to split this conversation to a new thread now that the game is officially out? Or shall we let this one go OVER 900???

dryan

Arcane
As a Bioware fan in denial, I say leave it all in one thread.

RK47

Patron

What difficulty is this? Auto attack to win? The HP bloat on this boss fight was ridiculous, HP bloat, spammy abilities and endless revives on the middle of the fight...

Actually the only way to beat the boss is to keep 'disrupting the rift' to lower the boss defenses.
Or else you're doing pitiful damage.
I'm playing it on normal.
I'm not very good at this game. Sorry. It's just not that rewarding to 'git gud' at it.

eremita

Savant
So, resident Bioware fans and Bioware fans-in-denial, do you want me to split this conversation to a new thread now that the game is officially out? Or shall we let this one go OVER 900???
I say split it. I'm here for an actual gameplay info, not interested in edgy whiners, their repressed homosexuality and their fear of minorities and liberals.

Xbalanque

Educated
And I suppose you will throw your hand in the air now, and leave the codex forever. Right? RIGHT? Pussy.
I'm getting tired with shoving Mordin and Wrex as well-written characters. I admit they were, but there rest of the ME characters and writing were mediocre at best and mostly very bad.

I don't care if the game has only gay content, is not the "gay" content that's the problem, only the bad writing will be the problem. As somebody earlier mentioned if Bioware only makes "lesbian" or "gay" puppets and write characters whose only feature is being gay or transsexual, it means objectifying them, hurts the contect and does not really serve the cause.
Fallout games did it a lot better.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom