Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Collector's Edition

Will you get the collector's edition?

• I will get the collector's edition.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will not get the collector's edition.

• I am undecided as to whether I will get the collector's edition.

• Total voters

merry andrew

Erudite
I will most likely get the collector's edition. You?

Twinfalls

Erudite
babies4dg8so.jpg

Twinfalls

Erudite
babies4dg8so.jpg

edit: what's with all the automatic double posting on these boards lately?

Shagnak

Shagadelic
For me it's on a case-by-case basis.
It depends in what is in it. Has there been any announcements?
If not all I can say is "maybe". Err...so that's my answer for now.

merry andrew

Erudite
I don't always get the collector's edition.

I got the collector's edition of Morrowind and have enjoyed it quite a bit. I listen to the soundtrack sometimes when I'm walking about and all of a sudden my commute turns into an epic adventure of flora-picking proportions. I also had that silver miniature figurine on my desk for about two years. Oh and I like concept art books.

Sarvis

Erudite
The only collector's edition I ever bought was Guild War's, and that was only because it was the only version I could find after going to three different stores!

Lumpy

Arcane
Wait. You're asking a bunch of people who won't even buy Oblivion if they'll get the Oblivion collector's edition?
And why on earth start another Oblivion thread?

Section8

Cipher
I don't really go for "Collector's Edition" stuff. I'm in it for the games, not the goodies. Mind you, I had a mate who got a Shadow of the Beast T-shirt with his copy of the game, and if he hadn't already thrown it out, I'd of bought it off him to wear proudly.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
If the only thing a collector's version gives you is collectibles, like a T-shirt or figurines, then no. I would never by a collector's version. I would consider it if the game came on DVD and with other software, such as Daggerfall. As it is, I have never bought a collector's version. I have bought GotY versions quite frequently, however.

Lumpy

Arcane
Greatatlantic said:
If the only thing a collector's version gives you is collectibles, like a T-shirt or figurines, then no. I would never by a collector's version. I would consider it if the game came on DVD and with other software, such as Daggerfall. As it is, I have never bought a collector's version. I have bought GotY versions quite frequently, however.
From what some sites say, the CE contains a gold coin (useless), a making of documentary (not so interesting), and the Pocket Guide to the Empire, which IS interesting. In fact, that's the only reason I'll be buying the Collector's Edition.

franc kaos

Liturgist
Lumpy said:
Greatatlantic said:
From what some sites say, the CE contains a gold coin (useless), a making of documentary (not so interesting), and the Pocket Guide to the Empire, which IS interesting. In fact, that's the only reason I'll be buying the Collector's Edition.

I didn't answer the poll, sorry. but unless it came with a cloth map, and the pocket guide, no way.

A DVD of Todd going on about how 'cool' everything is might induce me to vomit, and a gold coin?!? Jeez, at least a pewter figurine or something. The guide would be good, hopefully they'll sell it online separately or something.

Anyway, as I'm from the UK the chances are we won't even get the chance to buy it, so this post has been a complete waste of time: Ignore.

yipsl

Scholar
Lumpy said:
Greatatlantic said:

I don't mind the gold coin because it ties in with Wulf (ie Tiber Septim) and the MQ in Morrowind. As far as it goes, the Pocket Guide to the Empire is worth it, even though it's online at the Imperial Library. The making of DVD is something that I want to enjoy and/or kvetch about. If it's full of Pete's 360 propaganda and other console kiddie "Can't find Caius" mishegoss, then I'll greatly enjoy tearing it down. If it's full of genuinely good info about their experience developing the game with discussions of strengths and weaknesses of each platform (ie PC and 360), then I'll enjoy it for the genuine info. TES is the only game where I buy Collectors Editions in addition to the original and GOTY.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Not into collector's edition stuff. I've got a CD full of data on the Empire and everything else that is Elder Scrolls lore. I would love to see the Pocket Guide just to insure they don't screw anything up, but other than that, don't need it. Gold coin... bah. "Our game is da bomb" video... double bah.

Gwendo

Augur
Undecided. I don't even know if there will be a collector's edition here (europe).

crpgnut

Augur
Yep, I'll be getting it. I want that guide. I've printed most of the pocket guide in the past, but it will be nice to have it in booklet form instead of loose papers.

deus

Liturgist
I might get the collector's edition if the Pocket Guide is significantly different than the one that came with Redguard.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Section8 said:
I don't really go for "Collector's Edition" stuff. I'm in it for the games, not the goodies. Mind you, I had a mate who got a Shadow of the Beast T-shirt with his copy of the game, and if he hadn't already thrown it out, I'd of bought it off him to wear proudly.

I wonder if I still have that T-Shirt. It might have gotten tossed with a bunch of game boxes that got wiped out in a flood.

Chefe

Erudite
Fuck Collector's edition. Back in the day, all that cool extra shit came with the game for free. It should be like that now.

That said, I actually wish I had bought the collector's edition to Morrowind, pretty much for the art book. That's why I bought the AOE3 collector's edition. I would never buy Oblivion's collector's edition even if it contained an art book because, quite frankly, the concept art on the main site sucks ass.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Yes that's very true. The Morrowind concept art was extremely cool and 70s-like in its style. The Obliglion stuff (what little is there) is gay to the max - weak and modern-LOTRish.

Perhaps the better concept art will be released later, but it looks like they might have lost the artist who did the Morrowind stuff....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom