Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Discussion in 'Bethesda Game Studios' started by Orma, Jun 11, 2018.

Tags:
?

Guess the Province/Location

1. Hammerfell

2. High Rock

3. Valenwood

4. Elsweyr

5. Black Marsh

6. Summerset Isle

7. Daggerfall

8. Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    there's no such thing as a retcon in elderscrolls lore which has the concept of CHIM and dragonbreaks

^ Top  
  2. TemplarGR Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

TemplarGR
    This is a brilliant idea, 2 lines written by Avellone and most codexers will proclaim it the best CRPG incline in 4 decades.

• Funny x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Tarantulos-Eduardo-Sanchez Arcane

Tarantulos-Eduardo-Sanchez
    "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best."

- Oscar Wilde

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Funposter Savant

Funposter
    I for one am glad that Bethesda took one of their few interesting ideas and just turned it into an excuse to disregard internal consistency.

The Daggerfall team was like 10 people, if that. Morrowind started production, proper, in 2000 with 6. It's not that inconceivable that all of the "old timers" have simply moved on, not just from the company, but from the industry as a whole.

^ Top  
  5. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 4
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. The thing is, Fallout 76 failing is so hard is a great thing for TES VI. I can see Todd now, at the game presentation, saying, "I heard you guys like single player games...and NPCs" *cheers and laughter*. They know they have to knock the ball out of the park with TES VI and I see them doing that now, and actually listening to community feedback, the ones saying the game needs to be deeper and to stop removing aspects from the game for no reason. So I see TES VI being a great game because of the Fallout 76 debacle. Trussit.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • cuck cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. msxyz Savant

msxyz
    Kind of make sense. Multiple rumors put Starfield in an endless declopment hell, with Bethesda staff grown to over 300 individuals, what's better than a Elder Scrolls title to grab some desperately needed cash? Expect also more microtransaction BS, mods behind paywall and of course it will be exclusive to Bethesda launcher.

It will be fun to watch the meltdown :smug:

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. DayofBlow Educated

DayofBlow
    lol2019, physically impossible unless it's a fucked up early access game

not talking hyuk Bethesda bugs kind, as in literally, ver.0.01 early access 7 days to die tier piece of shit

TESVI was not even greenlit until early last year, and couldn't enter any real state of production due to FO76 being in full production and then Starfield taking whatever manpower was left. They couldn't shit a game out fast enough.

Kinda wish they tried, the end result would be a sight to see.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    I'd kinda love to see them push Starfield to 2020 to avoid The Outer Worlds... only to run head-on into Cyberpunk 2077. Even if neither is 1:1 competitor it would still be drama galore.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. Steamboat Willie Savant

Steamboat Willie
    Wishful thinking. I fully expect ES6 to have multiplayer ("building on what we started with Fallout 76") as a major component and have no mods available other than through the integrated store. Microtransactions galore. Bethesda has been slow boiling the frog for a while and now they're too far gone for me to hold out any kind of hope for future games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    Cyberpunk is this year too unless they get an extension from the Polish government for the grants they took out.

^ Top  
  12. msxyz Savant

msxyz
    This. But in 2020 the battle will be nevertheless between a 1800 atoms 'scrolls' armor repaint or a 40+ hrs full blown expansion for Cyberpunk 2020 :lol:

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    I doubt they have much beyond a concept for TES6 at this point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    I really doubt Bethesda Maryland did much beyond consulting on F76 so I wouldn't be surprised to see Starfield this year even if that means seeing it over a year before it's ready. It'll have been four years since Fallout 4 in November and I also wouldn't be surprised to see them break the November release pattern.

^ Top  
  15. Feargus Jewhart Learned

Feargus Jewhart
    Bethesda is really a fish out of water now. Starfield will be demolished by the outer worlds and cyberpunk, releasing on the same year as either of them is going to hit their sales majorly. It would have been a lot smarter to push out TES 6 2019 and Starfield in 2021, basically using 2020 to work on flaws in cyberpunk and outer worlds (Obviously this is not how Bethesda works).

They would be able to ride the Skim Rim hype with TES 6, rake in huge sales and then sell Starfield as "from the creators of TES 6". Instead now since TES 6 comes out so late, they won't be able to use a game that came out 10 years before it as a reference. Because all of the underage kids will have moved on to the next big thing by 2022.

Using "From the creators of Fallout 76" to lure in the naive kids will do nothing but deter buyers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    From what the faces of Bethesda (Todd and Pete) have been saying, Starfield is essentially a next-gen console game (with versions on current gen ones), so it's probably 2020 at earliest anyway.

^ Top  
  17. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    They said "a few years away" for Cyberpunk back at e3 so how people got the idea that it would be released in 2019?

^ Top  
  18. Alexander DeLarge Learned

Alexander DeLarge
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...rom-polish-governments-usd27-4m-research-fund

Also https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/24/cyberpunk-2077-is-now-playable-from-start-to-finish

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    ^ Top  
  19. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    They must have extended those deadlines cos they'd have announced a release date if they were to release it in 6 months.

^ Top  
  20. Orma Arcane Patron

Orma
    Torment: Tides of Numenera

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. vonAchdorf Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

vonAchdorf
    Another analyst said, that Bethesda is a likely target for an acquisition by one of the FAANG (Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix, Google) companies in 2019.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Duraframe300 Arcane

Duraframe300
    I wonder where Elder Scrolls (and games in general from a technical standpoint) would be if Julian Jensen/Lafey stayed in charge of the series instead of Todd.

• incline incline x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. CyberWhale Arcane

CyberWhale
    Fixed. Otherwise, I agree. Helots gonna helot.

^ Top  
  24. The Wall Erudite

The Wall
    It would sell few million copies less and be few million times better. We'd have RPG matrix by now, full blown Elder Scrolls isekai*

World would be a better place...

*based of Julian's 3 hour long interview

^ Top  
  25. Mystic_Quest Learned

Mystic_Quest
    I wonder what Todd will be streamlining this time around...

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)