Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
And all 200 npcs have radiant quests.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Given their design mentality since Oblivion, i can honestly see this happening. I don't honestly get why so many people get excited for a new Elder Scrolls game because since Oblivion, they have become just big, empty, open world games that only seem to exist for you to fuck around in, with not much substance to them in terms of actual RPG elements. So much so that you need a ton of mods to make them resemble an actual RPG.

Anyone who's spent time on the Codex can tell you everyone here plays these games for hundreds of hours before shitting on them and calling them worthless. Whatever secret sauce is going on there it ropes people in.

Quillon

Arcane
Given their design mentality since Oblivion, i can honestly see this happening. I don't honestly get why so many people get excited for a new Elder Scrolls game because since Oblivion, they have become just big, empty, open world games that only seem to exist for you to fuck around in, with not much substance to them in terms of actual RPG elements. So much so that you need a ton of mods to make them resemble an actual RPG.

Anyone who's spent time on the Codex can tell you everyone here plays these games for hundreds of hours before shitting on them and calling them worthless. Whatever secret sauce is going on there it ropes people in.

half of people in here shit on games they never played

:obviously: When you played nuff games & have dat experience under your belt, you can usually tell if a game is shit or not without ever playing it :obviously:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

:obviously: When you played nuff games & have dat experience under your belt, you can usually tell if a game is shit or not without ever playing it :obviously:

Yea but only if you have info on the game, we know nothing on TES VI yet

Quillon

Arcane

Yea but only if you have info on the game, we know nothing on TES VI yet

Yeah this is a special case that we don't even need to know any "official" thing about it and can safely shit on it years before its release.

To put it more elegantly:
Bethesda makes it.

I feel so edgy for some reason :P

Last edited:

Okagron

Prophet
Bethesda makes it.
This. Most of the time, you can have an idea on how a game is going to be made by just knowing which company is making it.

I'm also not touching this game with a 10 mile pole until i see a detailed review of every mechanic and design.

Quillon

Arcane
I'm also not touching this game with a 10 mile pole until i see a detailed review of every mechanic and design.

I'll play the shit out of it with muh sneak archer when it comes out, a year later I will replay the shit out of it with 250 mods and be done with it. If the game will not to be shit, I won't be able to play the shit out of it, so it will be shit, simple logic, yes.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane

:obviously: When you played nuff games & have dat experience under your belt, you can usually tell if a game is shit or not without ever playing games anymore since 1998 :obviously:

FTFY

Quillon

Arcane

I assume you’re not referring to yourself.

Yeah I haven't played games pre-Dec 14, 2016. Damn, why didn't I? I could have been one of the ones that I was referring to in that post. Such a shame.

Mech

Cipher
My prediction is that it that the game will have much more of an alien feel to it than Skyrim, but less than Morrowind. It will limit these exotic locations to dungeons, etc, and perhaps 1 or 2 towns.

I also predict a similar (if not almost identical) skill/perk system to Skyrim.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
My prediction is that it that the game will have much more of an alien feel to it than Skyrim, but less than Morrowind. It will limit these exotic locations to dungeons, etc, and perhaps 1 or 2 towns.

I also predict a similar (if not almost identical) skill/perk system to Skyrim.

Skyrim was already attempting to be a middle-ground between Morrowind's unique world and Oblivion's total opposite. I think Hines or Howard even said that somewhere. I can see Hammerfell/High Rock/Whatever attempting to do the same, with that nice Arabian kind of twist. *explorefag juices begin to flow*

Cadmus

Arcane
Not gonna even bother with this shit.
First they'd need to get rid of gamebryo.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This needs to be a middle ground between daggerfall/morrowind

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom