Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls The Elder Scrolls VI - officially announced but you'll have to wait

Guess the Province/Location

• Hammerfell

• High Rock

• Valenwood

• Elsweyr

• Black Marsh

• Summerset Isle

• Daggerfall

• Akavir (kingcomrade)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Squid

Arbiter
The way Todd bragged about their plans with newer games I expected them to not use Gamebryo. With something about we would ask how they could ever accomplish such features and whatnot because we don't yet have the technology to pull those things off yet. That's about all he said. I'm sure it won't be much and it'll be something on the scale of Oblivion's Townie NPC scripting.

Luzur

Good Sir
TES will never be set in lands that are populated by beast races, quote from Kirkbride himself:

And we're not ever going to see an rpg set in the cat-nation. Not in this decade, anyway. Said it before: TES is the story of the fall of Man to Mer. The beasts are just bystanders to the rest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/co...ium=user&utm_source=reddit&utm_name=frontpage

Well Kirkbride isnt part of Bethesda anymore though, so Todders is free to retcon stuff

"You can rule some things in. And you can rule some things out."

= my guess is rule out RPG stuff like more stats and actual good quests and rule in "cool" stuff like knights on horseback.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I thought I read it was going to be the Valenwood/Elsweyr region. Guess they might have changed that.

I only have one question about this game at this point.

Are they going to have fully voiced PC played by Joe Everyman? Or will I be allowed to have a character I made myself?

That right there will decide whether I'm at all interested to spend money on this or not.

Moink

Cipher
High Rock but you are forced to join a Knightly order early on (High Rock is the one with Bretons and knights right?) and rebuild the towns and castles destroyed in the war with the yellow elves.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
This game is at least 5 years in the future people... "Pre-production" literally means "we are just fooling around throwing ideas on how to better implement microtransactions to rape your wallet".

You can be sure it will be always-online and will feature multiplayer in some form. It will NOT be a 100% single player game, i can bet my dick on this. And the RPG elements will be even more non-existent than in Fallout 4. It will feature a voiced protagonist and it will essentially be a first person shooter with swords in a boring setting.

Bethesda is creatively bankrupt, they care only about moneytization and getting to the lowest common denominator. Let TES die already, don't contribute to the hype of this garbage. Bethesda is dead.

typical user

Arbiter
High Rock but you are forced to join a Knightly order early on (High Rock is the one with Bretons and knights right?) and rebuild the towns and castles destroyed in the war with the yellow elves.

And those quests are going to be given by dunmer Preyston from house of Tel Garvys?

I expect from this game to remove combat altogether, can't have target audience die from enemies and be frustrated that game is hard.

Sheeshker

Barely Literate
I love how Bethesda keeps scaling down cities in their game. They don't even bother to add filler NPCs (e.g. just "Villager" or "Citizen" with generic topics to talk about) just to add the density to the place so it won't be so fucking dead. Man, can't wait to see a garrison of 3 men, a city mayor, a merchant and 1 quest giver - all in one-building town called Faggetfall.

Looks like Khorinis from Gothic 2 is still one of the best towns in RPGs.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
There was a joke about that by Tedd Peterson, see if I can find it.

Anyway, it was him or Kurt Khulman who joked years ago TES6 would take place from a chair in a single room.

Last edited by a moderator:

typical user

Arbiter
You forgot that character needs to equip ladder as a hat or otherwise their engine will puke it's innards out.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
Have you heard of the Elder Scrolls?
Have you heard of the High Elves?
Have you heard of the Shitrim?

EruDaan

Arcane
Have you heard of the Elder Scrolls?
Have you heard of the High Elves?
Have you heard of the Shitrim?

No, I have not. But I'm excited. Could you please tell me more about these exotic sounding topics?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom