Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Ellis Studios Tribute Thread

Deleted Member 16721

Not sure if he finished them, just know that he has played them all.

Alkarl

Learned
It isn't just their art assets that are allegedly stolen, a lot of their code has been copied wholesale as well, often times with the OC's legal disclaimers and etc still intact. I'd rather not say how I know this.

Edit: Added in the "allegedly"

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's a lot of assets from Pillars.
We run a small computer repair shop, with the kids grown and out of the house, all of our spare time goes into Cave of Sorrows.
That would sound really dark if you didn't know it was a game. They also didn't even bother changing the name.
EDIT: Also they're selling tattoo kits now, wtf: http://ellisstudios.org/
:lol: You gotta diversify in this day and age.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You can find their FB profiles easily enough really, all the info you need is on the indiegogo page.

agris

Arcane
Patron
system requirements: CRT monitor with maximum resolution of 800x600. No refunds accepted. Must install to C:\ drive in Win3.1.

Martyr

Arcane
funny thing, I just looked up Ellis Studios on itch.io and they've renamed themselves as "Lunatic RPGs" :D
and released a new game, which could at first glance be a weeaboo blobber: https://kieferd20.itch.io/shadow-hunters
the dev describes it as "a cross between the Elminage series (Wizardry) and Dragon Quest."
doesn't even look bad, tbh. mildly interdasted I am.

YqeED%2B.png

i63u2%2B.png

rm4Wn9.png

Bu0Tfu.png

karnak

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's been a long time since we heard from those genius artisans of RPG making. Are they still alive?
Or have they been taken by the Corona now?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Soul of War is an adventure role playing game inspired by the fantasy role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons, a classic RPG inspired by the famous Greyhawk adventure and using the OGL 3.5 ruleset.
Parties of up to 6 adventurers
Tons of different monsters, feats, spells and magical items
Buy land and build your very own village
A multitude of quests to partake in
Character and Npc voice sets
Massive world to explore, with dozens of hamlets, villages and dungeons
Character multiclassing (Yes Fighter\Wizard)...

it is everything you always wanted. forever

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom