Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The EVE online thread

Discussion in 'MMO(RP)G / Online Discussion' started by Akratus, Mar 3, 2015.

1. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    wrong answer. i've been on both sides back in the day, goonswarm and band of developers, and the biggest assholes are them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBKXu3Kg4yg

^ Top  
  2. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    Turns out, I was the arsehole all along.

Not gonna say what I did, but suffice to say, there were some shenanigans. I've lost interest in the game - my autism isn't strong enough. But I certainly had my fun.

^ Top  
  3. Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor Patron

Blaine
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    The truth is, the game was assholed from the start.

^ Top  
  4. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    When people take a game that seriously backstabbing becomes an inevitability. It's too funny not to.

^ Top  
  5. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    a game is fun as long as you're playing it. it's not a bad built tautology, let me explain.
    when you do pve and learn how to manage distances and tracking, you're the protagonist. when you move to small groups pvp in low sec you learn even more things and you're still the protagonist of your actions. once you move to 0.0 you're a faceless cog among a thousand more cogs, you're being told what to do and where to go, you stopped being the protagonist, you're somebody else's pawn. and during the years eve moved completely, totally, unilaterally toward 0.0 and gigantic numbers, with even devs scamming their way through the ranks, all that's left is solo pve. i don't want to pay a monthly for a solo pve.
    (unless your name is "tabula rasa", but this is another story)

^ Top  
  6. tindrli Arcane

tindrli
    i don't want to pay anything monthly to just be able to play. fuck it.. one exception is god damn electricity but that is another story

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)