Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

_

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

A - Male

3 - Aspiring Mastermind

S - Largely unknown outside of the palace

Y - Hail from Nobility

$ - Incriminating Materials

Let's face it: an underdog in the court that everyone underestimates, but whose sheer talent allows him to outplay everyone and have access to Emperor's ear - ala Petyr Baelish/Littlefinger, Reinhard von Lohengramm, etc - is one of the sexiest archetypes in political drama.

Not to mention the even sexier potential of getting sodomized by the Emperor himself.

B
R
Z

Let us be the female Eto Demerzel behind the throne, sacrificing people in our machinations. Maybe we should have some disposable children for that scrying bowl.

Question that might make me consider flopping from $ to ^: does Clan Shiverscale have assets we can use? Obviously controlling the Count will give us more politicool power, but what about the Argonians?

EDIT: After reading GM's edit, I stick to $. We need every bit of leverage we can get. Support of a faction within an independent nation that is not even close to the conflict zone doesn't seem to be all that useful. Cyrodiil, on the other hand, is the Imperial province.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
A2SY^ Ta- Tb& Tc+

I like the idea of being some unknown courtly functionary with tremendous resources available, think of the opportunities for corruption! Or, maybe not that (getting executed isn't too fun generally), but there's still the chance to really screw over or benefit folks through careful administration of the logistics.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So as a person who neither played Skyrim, nor read GRRM or watched GoT, should I try to make sense of any of it?

A - Male
3 - Aspiring Mastermind
S - Largely unknown outside of the palace
Y - Hail from Nobility

I'll leave the rest for others to decide. I'll also note that we would have a far easier time voting/counting if the options were enumerated and denoted as letters (1A 2D 3B), rather than resemble freshly generated passwords.

I'll leave the rest for others to decide. I'll also note that we would have a far easier time voting/counting if the options were enumerated and denoted as letters (1A 2D 3B), rather than resemble freshly generated passwords.

I second this. If you check my earlier post, I fucked up the symbol for incriminating documents twice (though it doesn't help that I am kind of retarded). I think duplicate letters are fine, too, as long as they follow a reasonable sequence.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Going to make as close to Flashman as I can

A (Male is more suited for this type of game)
Q (War hero!)
X (The Hero of the Argonian Pass!)

^ (Still friendly with some Argonian tribes)

(T/a) +
(T/b) - &
(T/c) (Any option for dead, but despised and wealthy)? -

Last edited:
Fuck, this protagonist is awesome.

So the Emperor is a weary sort? Not good. Or perhaps he is just tired. Nothing a little pederasty can't fix.

1C
OP, is 1 the truthful answer that establishes our faith or can we lie here? For now I say 1C because it gives us information without giving anything away.

2C
A raid for purposes of destabilization seems the most likely, and the consequences of that will be grave. Dealing with anticipated issues should be done well in advance. We can always send spies to Morrowind later on, and hopefully our reputation with Clan Shiverscale will assist us in cutting off Westeros from Argonia, but redistribution of supplies takes a lot of time and should be dealt with now.

3B
The Keeper of Keys will be crucial for the logistical part of the war effort (including dealing with the aforementioned supply problems), we must investigate him to see that the man hasn't become corrupt in his old age. And if we happen to come across some juicy circumstantial information, we might end up gaining leverage over this person, which is just as important.
OP, what do we know about Amaund Motierre? Is he just a representative of High Rock? I might flip my vote to him once I have a better understanding of who he is.

4A
As established, we are underestimated and ridiculed. I doubt anyone would come up with an elaborate ploy to distract us. Worst case scenario, it is Varys probing for our abilities.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
1E
I read this as being openminded. ie. agnostic.

2A
We need information first and foremost. Once we get an inkling of the main strategy we can adjust.

3B
I agree that he's the most important factor at the moment

4A

Guys, this is really important. Supporting the marshal's initiative is a massive mistake. He is stronger than the Emperor (just compare their descriptions), he is more popular than him, and he is asking for us to strengthen a legion stationed around the Imperial Capital. This has "military coup" written all over it. I am not an ancient history buff, but I am pretty sure that Roman history was full of cases where generals with more public support and military power than the emperor attempted to take over. The Dominion is a real threat, but this enemy is closer to us than the elves are.

Also, Runa (or rather, her patron) scares the shit out of me. I am betting that this is work of Varys. His probing worked, now the ball is in his court. Not good.

So,
1B - why would we reveal our strengths to a potential coupist? This is stupid. Let's continue to pretend that we are the Emperor's clueless buttboy.
2A - rejection might mean that he will go to someone else with this plan. That would be a bad thing.
3D - we must make it so that the plan is impossible. Whether it is going to be shut down by the Emperor or simply slowed down with red tape, we will at least be able to postpone the marshal's plan.
4E - our inability to deal with Runa proved that we don't quite have the powers of subterfuge on our side. We need Varys' respect and support, and that will allow us to have leverage with the other members of the court. And if he was the one who sent Runa, that means that perhaps he will cease with his attempts to spy on us, or at least be less inclined to manipulate us.

Hopefully our maid's spying will give us leverage over the master of keys, so we don't need to worry about cozying up to him as much.

Tamriel isn't the worst fantasy setting, to be honest. The plots of the games are terrible because nuBethesda can't write for shit, but the lore isn't all that bad. AFAIK most of it was written in the Morrowind days, when they had a few talented authors on board, but I could be wrong about that. And MercantileInterest's changes seem to be pretty monocled so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom