Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

In Progress The Fall of Tamriel (Court CYOA)

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by MercantileInterest, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Lithium Flower Prophet

Lithium Flower
    I could be 100% wrong but I think the argument is actually broader than the old gods.

Motierre is saying that rulers are allowed to, even obligated to, transcend the morality of the common men. That rules that are meant to be followed by commoners can lead to failure in rulers. Basically, realpolitik, ends justify the means, whatever - rulers need to be able to do whatever they need to hold on to their power.

Emperor is arguing that the divine right of kings (meaning that a ruler is justified to have power by a divine authority above them) is necessary because otherwise there is no justification for the power of rulers. As such, rulers should be beholden to rules and responsibilities set by the divines. In our previous conversation together, Emperor seemed to have suggested that he doesn't really believe in the Divines, but simultaneously feels compelled to because the concept of faith kept the Empire together this whole time. So his own belief is very shaky, but simultaneously could be quite strong. In the mind of a troubled believer, typically doubt begets the strengthening of faith and not the weakening of it.

Motierre is bringing up Jurgen Windcaller in order to, I think, make the following point: here is a great man that threw away everything and was reduced by to an idle failure due to a religious calling. Like you. The conversation already feels like the "Rhaegar was righteous and Rhaegar died" monologue from ASoIaF.

Essentially, to justify his own crimes of trying to summon the daedra, Motierre is trying say that everything should be permissible to men like us while simultaneously tearing down the Emperor's sole support, which is his faith.

I don't think we should let it happen, my dudes.

^ Top  
  2. Usury Arcane

Usury
    We're half (1) and half (2C). In order to proceed, we'll need some of you to change your minds or three new people opting for a different choice. We can also choose randomly, but that's less fun, as you can't really blame each other when everything goes horribly wrong.

While waiting for the decision, I'll dust my ITZ bunker. :bunkertime:

^ Top  
  3. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    Alright, I'm flipping to the one I didn't vote for.

• Salute Salute x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Usury Arcane

Usury
    2(c) Disagree with Motierre but do not attack him personally.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

"Your majesty," you rise, "I can recognize in others qualities lacking in myself. I am no great warrior and I'm not as righteous as I ought to be. The empire needs piety."

"Yes," Motierre smiles. He's pleased. "Yes. We have lost holiness. Akatosh made a covenant with the ancient emperors. They ruled with his blessing. How much we have lost since the Septim bloodline dried up, when all Tamriel bowed to the emperor! How very much we have diminished."

Titus Mede II hangs his head. You kneel on his other side and put a firm tone into your voice.

"Holiness is not found in blood. Holiness is found in actions. One need not be a Septim to be worthy."

"Blood is authority." The Breton's lips smile but his voice is somber. "Without the mystical blood of the dragon, we cannot have the favor of the divines."

"This is treason." Hiss out the words, as if overcome by fury.

The sovereign lays his hand on your shoulder. "Peace. Elves. Argonians. Dunmer. Westerosi. Our enemies cannot be counted and surpass our strength. The divines have forsaken us."

"No." Motierre stands aright. "Do not despair. Tiber Septim was a man of no importance. He did not spring from ancient blood. In his day, the divines had hidden their faces and all the world burned. Then, followers of the ancient faith summoned him to the highest mountain and named him Dragonborn. You must seek the same annointing, so Akatosh will again favor our land."

Titus Mede II looks up. His face shines in the lamplight. His voice wavers. "Might the gods still hear us? Do we dare ask? Decius, leave us."

Out of the sovereign's sight, Motierre smirks. Must keep my expression calm. You bow and stride away. As you shut the door, the emperor's voice drifts after you.

"And now we must have words about this foul ritual..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ufda. Should get around to choices this weekend.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    ^ Top  
  5. Lithium Flower Prophet

Lithium Flower
    MercantileInterest

If it is not too much to ask and doesn't spoil anything, can you give an explanation as to what just happened? I get the sense that this was the wrong choice to make but I am not sure why or what the correct course of action was in this situation.

Gauldur's Bait you need to get in here to offset my terrible suggestions, my dude.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
    That was disagreeing without attacking personally? Definitely didn't attack the Breton, but we didn't disagree with any conviction at all.

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Lithium Flower Prophet

Lithium Flower
    Yeah that is kind of why I am confused. We chose a general approach that depended on the main character's established skill as a rhetoritician but Decius seemed very passive and it also didn't feel like he used his uncanny eye for lies and intentions to see through Motierre's argument.

I would understand if, for example, the protagonist's pride came into play and fucked us over. Previous failures also made sense because they were a result of miscalculation or bad planning (like being arrested by the Occulati because I foolishly thought they trusted Decius more than they did). But here we picked a general strategy based on the initial premise of Motierre's argument and Decius didn't really adjust to the argument as it developed. I guess maybe Motierre is just supposed to be more persuasive than us and we fell into a rhetorical trap (as in, he bated a disagreement out of us which contributed to his larger point and Decius didn't really adapt to that in any way because he was caught off-guard?)

EDIT: Not to mention, Decius disagreed with the very surface level of Motierre's argument which wasn't even really his main point (it seemed to me at least that Motierre wasn't really doubting faith but rather he was trying to justify his actions while simultaneously trying to manipulate the Emperor into the whole "Rulers transcend ethics" meme). It just feels weird that Decius with his uncanny insight didn't pick up on the latter.

Keep in mind I could be wrong, whoever runs a CYOA/tabletop RPG/anything has a very different perspective from the players that might very well be the correct one. I am not trying to shit on you MI. As a GM I know how frustrating it is when your players don't give you the benefit of the doubt and automatically assumed you are bullshitting.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    ^ Top  
  8. Usury Arcane

Usury
    You've misunderstood Motierre. Put into a difficult situation, he decided it would be foolish to tear down the emperor's faith. Instead, he's trying to build it up to the point where the sovereign questions his own authority. Basically, he wants the emprah to concern himself with religious matters instead of political matters.

You, however, interpreted his argument exactly the opposite way, which makes sense because encouraging faith would not (previously) have occurred to Coriolanus. You ended up arguing Motierre's cause.

Must contemplate how the next part works out. :whatho:

^ Top  
  9. Lithium Flower Prophet

Lithium Flower
    Sure, the trap makes sense now. Thanks for clarifying BrocantileInterest.

EDIT: Still, maybe the choices could have been more clear. Like "Disagree with Motierre's assertion that faith is unimportant to monarchs." That way there is no confusion between reacting to a specific statement Motierre made and reacting to his argument as a whole.

Well fuck. Its not even like we made the wrong choice, its more like Motierre is just a fucking God.

Unless we can turn a failure into a opportunity somehow, we lose and we cannot afford to lose. The Emperor is basically everything to us and we are 100% fucked if he gets compromised, it has been established that we are nothing without him. So we either try to strengthen Emperor's position or we GTFO. I see two ways forward at this point:

1. Take hold of Emperor's newly...inspired religiosity but turn it inward instead of outward. Push him towards thrusting religion into politics. Go diehard theocracy mode complete with purges of heretics and political dissidents (like, you know, Motierre although undermining him in big E's eyes will probably be immensely difficult) and strengthen the Emperor's power and therefore your own.
    2. Fuck off to High Rock like Vaerys suggested (essentially switch patrons so that when E goes down we don't go down with him.)

Either way it seems that we cannot do this on our own. We never felt our lack of connections as strongly as we do now. We need allies and we didn't really progress much to secure Vitellius so far which is irritating. Varys could make a powerful ally but he is damn scary. At least we know that he is probably not in league with the most probable coupists (Motierre, Domitian) on the account of him being an outsider to the court. And knowing King Robert's temperament, he is probably not in league with him either.

But let us see how the choices turns out.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Gauldur's Bait Learned

Gauldur's Bait
    Thanks guys! I'm totally bogged down with IRL distractions, but should have better time tomorrow to get into this. Great to see it back on! :salute:

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Major_Blackhart Codexia Lord Sodom Patron

Major_Blackhart
    I'm upset I didn't see this earlier, but damn it looks interesting.

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Usury Arcane

Usury
    Eh, getting outfoxed once doesn't mean the other fellow is necessarily more clever. Even Napoleon lost battles (but did Carolus? Luzur?)

Through the doors, down the steps, out of the Royal Chambers. Two bodyguards, men of the Penitus Occulatus, move as if to follow but you wave them back. More guards block the path.

"Where are you going, that you don't want our protection?" Asks Captain Maro.

"The Aldmeri embassy." I would dearly love a few swords at my back but that would scupper any chance of reaching there unnoticed.

The Captain moves up the way you came down. A moment later, he stands atop the steps. "Take him as close you can by the secret ways."

The blindfold wraps your eyes again. Another jaunt in darkness follows with a moldering stench indistinguishable from the earlier hours in the cells. Mossy stone bumps your head. Liquid flows past and distant snatches of a crowds chattering can be heard. At last, the guards return your sight and hasten back down the sewer tunnel. You squeeze out of a wide grate into an alley. Moving to the main street, you orient yourself by a facing of White-Gold tower. From there, the Elven Embassy lies but a short distance away.

The building weaves into an array of spires, flowing lines and nets in the Elvish style. Mobs destroyed the last embassy during the great war, so this one has been newly rebuilt. Narrow windows and thick walls under all the delicate tracery hint that this is a stronghold as well. No one loiters outside but several slogans have been freshly scrawled on the lower walls. They must scrape those regularly.

Four Elf warriors, in gleaming armor so thin it looks almost as they were clad molten amber, admit you to the antechamber. A hundred twisting glass shards hang from the domed roof, each cupping a tiny lamp. A light wind blows through the dome, but not the floor below, and spins the glasses in a dazzle of blues and whites. The elves' eyes shimmer like drops of gold. Do they conceal their expressions or is an Elvish face so different from a man's I can only read it by different rules? A sweet odor rises from flowered vases.

A maiden in a narrow dress fashioned from layers of embroidered lace, closer to a haze than a garment, bows. Her hair falls, loosely and in thin braids, to her waist. Very feminine but those unnatural proportions ruin her. Even setting aside the ears, the eyes are too big. The bones all wrong too. Too much up and down not nearly enough across. I could break her in half. A jeweled shard decorates her hair and reaches across one of her cheeks almost to the nose. The arm of the shard holds a trace of scented wax, strong enough to be smelt across the room but not at all overpowering. Soft gloves cover her hands. Tiny silver ornaments tinkle on her sleeves.

[​IMG]
    "I am Decius Coriolanus."

"We have been expecting you." Her voice chimes. "Come." She leads you through a carpeted hall carved with scenes of orchards, rivers and a flowing script. "These is the hymn to Yaveanniel." A whiff of her perfume makes your head spin but the feeling passes in a breath.

You arrive in an area so filled with trellises and potted plants, it seems more a garden than anything else. The maiden produces a stack of metal which folds out, like a fan, to make a chair. Will that hold my weight?

"Be seated. The emissary will join us soon." Lifting up a flute, she plays a short piercing tune. Acceptable. I've heard men do as well.

In long rustling crimson robes, a pale haired elf, not to tall for his race, enters. His skin is perfect as ivory and his teeth like porcelain. He places his gloved hand over his heart and then holds it out to you. Clearly, I'm not supposed to take it. You bow slightly. He takes the wooden seat.

"King Robert has stormed Windhelm." The ambassador begins. "Whether he took the walls is not yet clear. The report spoke of the city burning but the text is nonetheless filled with vexing ambiguities. A second hand account from a merchant. Our own whisperers have confirmed two small armies moving through Morrowind." So, King Robert has some agreement with the Dunmer. "A single man, one Tywin Lannister, commands both forces. We believe they move independently so as to have an easier time procuring supplies. The first army contains some three thousand Unsullied, slave soldiers from Akavir. The second army, with which the general travels, consists mainly of two thousand knights. He is also hiring Dunmer sellswords."

"Do you have any reason to believe they heading anywhere other than Skyrim?" They could mean to take a mountain pass into Cyrodiil.

The maiden places a tray between the two chairs. On it are seven cups filled with a steaming lavender scented broth. "Do not drink these."

The emissary waves a fan before his nose. He closes his eyes and breathes in deeply. "We consider that improbable. The westerosi have spoken of assaulting Riften. They have sought to hire Dunmer versed in siegecraft. Will you convey this knowledge to the Imperial lords?"

"Of course." The elf stands and again places his hand over his heart. "Wait. Enemies in the court wish to harm me. Can you help? Do you have knowledge about the members of the Elder Council? Threatening secrets to bend them to our will?"

The elf's expression changes but you cannot tell what it means. "We do not interfere with the affairs of men." Ha! "Perhaps, though, we can assist you." The maiden brings another tray, with a several cloth wrappings. The emissary opens the first.

"This is a gem from Barenziah's crown." Why would I want that? "The Thalmor know a prophecy which, If we've interpreted it correctly, suggests that remaking her crown will turn back winter. Unfortunately, the prophecy is very specific that only a man will fulfill it."

"Perhaps you would prefer a more tangible gift." He opens the next bundle to reveal a translucent blue crystal. "This imprisons a human soul. The art of the ancient necromancers, those who could create such wonders, has been lost. Those who still practice such rites greatly desire the remaining soul gems but, in the Empire, all such artifacts belong to the Emperor by law."

"This last one, I would not touch even with gloves. It appears in history many times under many times: the Golden Dragon, the Emperor of Maladies, Wulfharth's Bane. It is cursed. You may laugh but the Elf who brought it here was devoured by bears as he rode to return to Valenwood. Careless of him. I believe it can do one no harm if he does not touch it, for it was in the possession of one of lords many years."

Accept:​

1A: The stone of Barenziah. Keep playing with faith and prophecy.
    1B: The soul gem. How could chumming with necromancers go wrong?
    1C: The Golden Dragon. If the actual curse does nothing, the hysterical rumors might still create chaos.

Refuse:​

2A: Never accept a gift from an elf!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    ^ Top  
  13. Lithium Flower Prophet

Lithium Flower
    Did Bob allegedly take Winterfell or Windhelm? Just making sure.

1A

We can't really refuse one of these gifts. It would be too suspicious.

The stone of Barenziah...she is a famous Dunmer figure that was involved a few of the past Emperors. From Elder Scrolls Wiki:

"Tiber Septim was fascinated with Barenziah's beauty. After Symmachus left to return to Morrowind, she had an affair with the Emperor, and became pregnant. Hearing of her pregnancy, Tiber Septim was furious. Avoiding any scandal, he ordered the pregnancy to be aborted, and then sent Barenziah to Morrowind."

Remember, the Septim bloodline is legendary and the current Emperor is obsessed with its legacy, as well as old artifacts in general, the Septim ones in particular. So let us use this stone and the prophecy surround it to...rejuvenate the Emperor's faith even further. Unlike Motierre, we will present him with more than just words. A prophesy for a new God-Emperor. A stone for the crown that shall bring an endless winter to our Westerosi enemies.

Yes, I can hear it already: the agony and jubilation of the Divine Tamrielic Empire! We will reform our society and inflict terrible harm onto those who threaten it! The commonfolk and aristocrats alike will fear the Divines once more or else their filthy souls shall be rendered immaculate by flame!

Hail to the Mede Dynasty! Tremble before the new God-Emperor!

Anyway, you get the idea. Motierre created a weakness in the Emperor that he thought to exploit. Let's one-up Motierre and exploit this weakness ourselves and turn it into a strength.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Gauldur's Bait Learned

Gauldur's Bait
    I don't see any use for a black soul gem right now (and we might not want it in our possession). However, it is interesting that he would offer such a thing to us in the first place. The cursed item is indeed either cursed or a fraud, in the latter case it could mostly be used as some sort of deterrent but would put us in a bad light doing so. So yeah, let's go with the stone.

1A

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Storyfag Arcane

Storyfag
    1A

• Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    I would go with 1C, if I had a decent idea for putting to use.

1A

^ Top  
  18. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    1B

Risky, but potentially fun times ahead.

^ Top  
  19. Lithium Flower Prophet

Lithium Flower
    To play devil's advocate and since I am afraid of encouraging yet another ruinous course of action, I will say that 1B has merits in that it is a soulgem that -probably- fits inside Morierre's dagger that we have. That being said we don't even know to what extent magic works in this setting and I would say 1A might grant us more political leverage that we desperately lack right now.

^ Top  
  20. Gauldur's Bait Learned

Gauldur's Bait
    Yes, thought about combining the dagger and the gem, but for what purpose would we want to do so now? Hmmm...decisions decisions...

^ Top  
  21. Usury Arcane

Usury
    1A: The stone of Barenziah. Keep playing with faith and prophecy. Gem (or, more accurately, crystal) wouldn't have fit in the dagger anyway. Incidentally, we still have the amulet of Molog Bal.​

"Gather, gather, all ye goodfolk, to hear the words of our august and most inestimable emperor, Titus Mede II."

The herald barely bothers to raise his voice. The throng pouring into the plaza before the Temple of the One knows why it has come. Men laugh, women lean in to hear their friends, the sellers of cakes and sweetmeats shout out. Children run every way, knocking underfoot and drawing out curses. Legionaries ring the plaza, ready to crush any disturbance, while two ranks of the Penitus Occulatus stand before the temple doors where a raised wooden pulpit stands, inscribed with the imperial dragon. It is the day following the judgement in the royal quarters, and you have not seen his august majesty since that hour. Now, he has announced that he will speak to the people. You sit in a pavilion, amongst the other members of the Elder Council.

Trumpets sound. The Emperor emerges from the Temple of the One, the place of coronation where the dragonfires are lit, in his regal robes. The noise of the crowd diminishes and a little cheer goes up. Not so many who love him well. He ascends the pulpit, pauses and begins to speak.

"Enemies have risen up against us." His old voice wavers. Those farther back in the crowd strain to hear. "Traitors stand on all sides. Rebels and marauders grow bold. They are all of them fools. What are we, what is the world, without the Empire? Behold White-Gold Tower rising over our city. Since the Dawn Age, always has the Empire stood." Those back half of the crowd, which cannot hear begins to mumble among themselves. Soon mumbling gives way to chattering.

Those who refuse our authority fall to their own weakness for it is the Empire which gives strength. Thus, the divines wish men to be ruled. Far Windhelm rose up against us, against the will of the divines, and these Stormcloaks have perished in battle against invaders. This..." The Emperor coughs... "This cannot... we..." He grasps his heart. "I will..." Another coughing fit. An Occulatus passes up a goblet of wine. The old man swallows two gulps. The crowd's rumbling increases. "I will go to Skyrim," he shouts, thrice louder than before, "and I will destroy these Akaviri with my own hands."

The Occulati begin to chant and the Legionaries take up the cry. "Hail to the Empire! Hail to the Empire! Glory to great Cyrodiil!"

The emperor clambers down and the people whisper among themselves.

*** ***​

"Your majesty, we should have discussed this." Esja Comnena, the Nordic representative, speaks up.

The Elder Council has hastily convened. Domitian, the General, leans back in his chair, blinking every now and again but otherwise still. Septimus Gracchus, the usurer, fidgets with a coin. The officiary Vitellius keeps flipping through his documents. Varys keeps trying to pour cordial from an empty flask. They're worried. All of them, obvious to see. Amaund Motierre is nervous too but not in the same way. He fears something specific.

"You overstep yourself, Esja." The Emperor, by contrast, is at ease. "The Elder Council exists to advise me and to carry out my orders. I have had counsel enough on this matter. As soon as possible, I shall move with my retinue to Helgen, a fortified town in the north of the Jerall Mountains. From there I will direct our campaign personally. Motierre will be assisting me with other matters of some small importance." He's not surprised. "We'll be turning out our coffers to hire another two thousand mercenaries, if this council thinks this wise."

"The Westerosi hold Windhelm now." Says Domitian. "If the gods are good, they've killed Ulfric Stormcloak and the rebels will rejoin us but I'm not so sure. No one in Tamriel is more stubborn than a Nord."

"We can afford two thousand sell swords." Says Vitellius. "It will take some time to organize them and will bring our coffers perilously low but it is within our power. I oppose the suggestion, If your majesty takes no offense."

"Of course not. What do the rest of you think?"

Vitellius, Domitian and Varys: Against
    Esja, Motierre and Gracchus: For

(1A) For
    (1B) Against

Later, the Emperor calls you to his chamber. He is filling out a long scroll. Tears run down his face but he wipes them away as you enter.

"Shall I wait?" You ask.

"No, no. Come in. We can't always do so well as we like but perhaps we can do well enough. Decius, I need you to accompany me. So few who can be trusted. Motierre will accompany us precisely because he cannot be trusted."

"I thought him high in your counsels." You instantly regret the words.

A short laugh. "Oh, he's a dangerous one but useful. Not entirely unlike yourself. You poisoned a beggar boy."

"A food taster. He was glad for the chance."

"No matter, no matter." Titus Mede II says. "A fair risk for a starving child. One of my food tasters once became very ill. Never found out whether it was spoiled food or botched poison." He stares awhile. "The Elder Council. We don't trust them. I've a mind to bring another one along. Keep him close. Which one do you most mistrust?"

(2A) Domitian - This can only be accomplished by taking him with you to replace General Tullius as provisional commander in Skyrim. Can't just take the Marshal of All Tamriel along for nothing.
    (2B) Varys - Take the spymaster with you.
    (2C) Esja - Makes sense to bring the Nordic representative to Skyrim.
    (2D) Gracchus - Fat and greedy -- talk about great company.
    (2E) Vitellius - What good does bringing an accountant do?

Also:

(3A) Give the Stone of Barenziah to the Emperor. Start getting him excited about prophecy. Everyone knows Elves are majikal.
    (3B) Wait. Elves being elves, the Thalmor ambassador refused to tell you the prophecy. If you can learn it, the effect may be stronger.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    ^ Top  
  22. Lithium Flower Prophet

Lithium Flower
    too tired for voting but here are some observations.

---
    Motierre and Gracchus (possibly Esja too) seems to form a bloc time and time again. Remember when Gracchus turned warmonger just as Motierre did when we were debating a cavalry strike against Windhelm? My hypothesis is that these cocksucks have formed a conspiracy. Since mercenaries are loyal primarily to their paymaster, they would primarily be loyal to Gracchus, and besides we might need resources elsewhere. I tentatively vote 1B.

Speaking of which, I think Domitian is also a coupist but I think his scheme is separate from Motierre's. The fact that Motierre kept a coded message bearing his name makes me think that he was keeping tabs on Domitian but I think the latter is probably more interested in an old-fashioned military takeover as opposed to Motierre+Gracchus' game of thrones.

really there are three reasonable choices here: Domitian, Varys, and Gracchus.

Domitian: some of you might remember that this guy's attempted machinations to secretly bolster the strength of one of the legions near the capital. I interpreted that as him planning a coup d'etat and I still believe that is the likeliest assumption to make. Also, the letter penned by a "Domitian" in Motierre's possession referenced "cooking" (keep in mind it was in code so could be entirely bullshit, incl. fake names etc) which makes me think of poison. Anyway, replacing Tullius with this guy seems to be a really shitty idea but it could be some insane 24D Royal Game of Ur shit. Consider the following: not only do we keep an eye on him, we also uproot him from any established connections he might have in Cyrodil. If he is in fact planning a coup, he must have a lot of influence over the legions stationed in Cyrodil, so transfering him to Skyrim seems like it would cuck&fuck his plans. It must also be said that Domitian does kind of trust us (in that he thought we were stupid enough to use as a middleman in his machinations) and since he thought us important to his plans it is unlikely that he was the person responsible for the attempts on our life.

Varys: We know he cannot be trusted and that he has his own agenda but we have no idea what the fuck that is. Also, ASOIAF readers will appreciate that this guy is probably the smartest person in Tamriel at this point. Again, there is an opportunity here to disrupt whatever his machinations are by displacing him and perhaps even benefit from his experience in Skyrim, but do we want this? I don't know.

Gracchus: I am like 100% certain this guy is up to no good and, judging by the voting patterns, probably is involved with Motierre. Likely for selfish reasons. war is profitable and every revolution must be funded. reminds me of Caesar's chum that funded his shit, what was his name again? Anyway, this tub of lard could be useful because he is obviously weak and probably will feel extremely out of place in a fucking warzone. By taking him with us we could not only keep an eye on him but potentially put pressure on him, break him, maybe use him to get at Motierre or figure out what the hell is going on.

MercantileInterest can we ask the Emperor "why did you appoint Domitian marshal?" before we make the decision on who to bring with us?

Also, tentatively voting 3B. I mean, we have one shot at this, so we might as well make sure that this artifact carries maximum impact.

^ Top  
  23. Usury Arcane

Usury
    The Imperial Legion selects its own Marshal, although the emprah has to approve the choice. In the Great War, Domitian led the army which retook the Imperial City. Emprah was nearby too, but big D took to the front lines to encourage the men after they battered down the gates. They actually formed a strong friendship at the time, and, although it has since cooled, the Emperor has never held any strong suspicion of disloyalty from the man.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    ^ Top  
  24. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    1B
    2C>2D
    undecided, but breaking up that potential voting block has merit.
    3B - let's know what we're talking about

What do we know of Esja? My first reaction was to pick her.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    ^ Top  
  25. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    1B - If Motierre is fearful of a specific outcome, voting against him seems like a good idea. Of course, he could be counting on that, knowing of our animosity.
    2A - Can't risk leaving him in the capital to hustle unobserved.
    3B - No rush, if we can keep and ace up our sleeve and simultaneously increase it's value, why not?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)