Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards 2019

prengle

Savant
very concerned to see disco getting like 20 nominations at the dorito pope's stupid corporate games award show thing. like, if it was only one nomination i would be ok with it since im pretty sure it wouldnt win it, but it ended up getting like 8 nominations and im pretty sure its going to win something in at least one of those categories, can kasparov or any of the boys from za/um please explain how much game journo dick they had to suck to get this much recognition???

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
very concerned to see disco getting like 20 nominations at the dorito pope's stupid corporate games award show thing. like, if it was only one nomination i would be ok with it since im pretty sure it wouldnt win it, but it ended up getting like 8 nominations and im pretty sure its going to win something in at least one of those categories, can kasparov or any of the boys from za/um please explain how much game journo dick they had to suck to get this much recognition???
No need for dick sucking,the game is artsy visual novella with rpg elements,of course journos will love it. The strange part is that we also love it.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Out of the games listed Death Stranding is my GOTY. The Outer Worlds would be considered if I wanted to play another Bethesda style RPG which I don't.
Resident Evil 2 is mediocre trash. The original pisses in the mouth of the remake and posts the pics online for blackmail.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:lol: These choices just show how very little purchase I've made this year.
Can't believe I only played Outer Worlds in all of the lists.

Mojobeard

Augur
Options were garbage, act surprised. I voted for Disco, Res 2, Sekiro, and FF XIV, in that order, wherever possible.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Main nomination gave me a big pause. Needed the game that competes with Obsidian's trash, but decent enough and not console/epic exclusive. Looks like Sekiro is my Game of the Year now!

PS voted for Disco Elysium and something that is NOT The Outer Worlds in every category where one of of them is present.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Video Game Awards are to video games what the VMAs are to music.

But I'll toss my 2 cents in for Death Stranded by Hideous Konami for best game. Award fags love them some foreign shit, plus you get extra Walking Dead references and merch tie-ins for anything related to Noman Peedus.

Curratum

Why would I vote in any award show that didn't include Amid Evil in any category?

Curratum

Given the absolute dogshit selection of games presented in most categories, I regret to admit I voted Death Stranding in almost all categories where it was present.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
All my votes went to Fortnite, Death Stranding, Untitled Goose, Sekiro, some greaser named Martinez, and what else. I would have voted Disco for best art, but it wasn't a choice.:lol: The one category where it could win on merit alone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom