Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards 2019

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
GOTY
REmake 2

Best Independent Game
Outer Wilds

Best RPG
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne

Best Art Direction
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Best Audio Design
REmake 2

Best Ongoing Game
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Best Action Game
Devil May Cry 5

Best Action/Adventure Game
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Best Fighting Game

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Best Esports Event
EVO 2019

Best Game Direction
a retarded category, should be "Best Gameplay Design". In which case DMC5 should win.

fixed

Best Action Game
Metro Exodus(4A Games/Deep Silver) because fuck animefags

>best action
>generic shooter

Migth as well give the award to CoD

Mojobeard

Augur
Why is FF XIV nominated - for best RPG even? That game has been released (half) a decade ago and is an MMO.
They released an expansion earlier this year.
That expansion also happens to be the best single player (trials need other people, you can solo everything else) Final Fantasy in eighteen years or whatever. Not even just for an MMO, but for a game, the story in the expansions has been really good.
Sadly, that's all FFXIV has going for it. I'd enjoy it a lot more if they'd drop the MMO façade.

Xeon

Augur
I kinda thought the Fable games belong to Microsoft or something, so would have been the ones to reveal it in the XBOX show they did.

Venser

Erudite
Hmm you can also vote on Twitter now, although it only shows a few categories: https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1197197918127771648

There's an award for the best gaming tweet of the year

3h0nwfbblzi01.jpg

vonAchdorf

Arcane
PR, media coverage, word of mouth chatter. The whole thing is a platform for selling ads, publicity is Keighley's operating capital.

After Doritosgate he came to the correct conclusion, that gamers are so gullible, that it's easier and more lucrative to be openly corrupt than trying to hide it. Kudos to him, he made his show a fixture in the gaming industry and on the Codex.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's not even about open corruption, more like pretending events like that matter. As if the result wasn't completely and utterly irrelevant.

There is no such thing as "the best game", I'm not even sure there's such a thing as "a good game". There are only games that I personally like and those I don't give a shit about. And no award is going to help me decide which is which.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's not even about open corruption, more like pretending events like that matter. As if the result wasn't completely and utterly irrelevant.

There is no such thing as "the best game", I'm not even sure there's such a thing as "a good game". There are only games that I personally like and those I don't give a shit about. And no award is going to help me decide which is which.

It's a copy of what other creative industries (music, film) do.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

It's a copy of what other creative industries (music, film) do.

Depends on the industry. For example there are some awards for cars based on measurable criteria, like value for money or breakdown rate. Or the ESA best electronic products of a year awards are fairly good guide if you want to buy a quality TV or a sound system. But yeah, in most cases it's mainly about creating a hubbub and then using it to sell ads, especially when it's accompanied by a big, flashy, live event ceremony.

sullynathan

Arcane
We're just shitposting, no one really cares.

Eventually the codex will make their top 10 - 15 must play rpgs of the year and we'll forget about this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom