Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards 2019

J1M

Arcane
Didn't read the thread. Obviously this thing is always a console-focused marketing shit show and the results should be totally ignored.

I still take issue with the format. These categories are fine for some other awards show, but should not be at a 'games' award show:
-Best Performance (actor)
-Content Creator of the Year (youtuber)
-Best Esports Player (teenager)
-Best Esports Coach (washed up esports player)
-Best Esports Host (wannabe game journalist)

The category of "Best Game Studio Cafeteria Chef" would actually be more relevant than any of these.

sullynathan

Arcane
Didn't read the thread. Obviously this thing is always a console-focused marketing shit show and the results should be totally ignored.

I still take issue with the format. These categories are fine for some other awards show, but should not be at a 'games' award show:

The category of "Best Game Studio Cafeteria Chef" would actually be more relevant than any of these.
Best esports player is something that can only happen in gaming.

J1M

Arcane

Best esports player is something that can only happen in gaming.
So is "fastest speed runner" or "autistic that 100% the most games", but it doesn't belong at an awards show to honor game creators.

Those things would all be better covered in a "streamer and youtuber awards" format.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
DoritoPope on Reddit AMA: https://old.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/e6jmix/im_geoff_keighley_producer_of_the_game_awards_ama/

We have a bunch of brand new games being announced at the show -- I think there are around 10 new games/projects being revealed if you want to count the things that no one has heard about yet. As always the Internet has a lot of really bad information out there about what you think is at the show...but it sure is fun to read :)

how long tga will be?
Probably 2.5 hours or so

There are no plans (never were) to do anything with Resident Evil 3 at the show. A lot of these "leaks" are completely wrong. Nothing about our show has leaked as of this writing.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Riot Games' new publishing label Riot Forge will announce a single-player, narrative-driven League of Legends game developed by external developer:

In before LoL CRPG.

Xeon

Augur
I kinda liked the song they did so I kinda want to see what they will do. Not really expecting much tho.

Dexter

Arcane

It's amazing to me that people actually seem to genuinely care about Geoff's shill spectacle in any other capacity than maybe a Trailer release or two, to the point that they even play his dog & pony show of "registering" and "voting" even though it's outright stated that their votes don't even matter.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Here's a new thing - a "digital show floor" with games temporarily available to play at home during the event: https://medium.com/@geoffkeighley/introducing-the-game-festival-9d319cf7a579

Introducing The Game Festival

GAMES COME ALIVE AS THE GAME AWARDS INTRODUCES THE GAME FESTIVAL, A NEW 48 HOUR DIGITAL CONSUMER EVENT THAT BRINGS GAMEPLAY TO FANS AROUND THE WORLD DURING GAMING’S BIGGEST NIGHT

The Game Awards Streams Live on Thursday at 8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT

The Game Festival Runs on Steam from Thursday at 10:00AM PT

Until Saturday at 10:00AM PT

LOS ANGELES (December 11, 2019) — This Thursday get ready to watch, celebrate and now play what’s next from the video game industry. Today The Game Awards founder Geoff Keighley announced The Game Festival, a new digital consumer event concept that ushers in a new era for The Game Awards, which live streams for free across more than 60 global digital networks.

The Game Festival is a first-of-its-kind digital consumer event that brings the magic of hands-on gameplay demos to fans around the world. For 2019, The Game Festival will launch a digital pilot program on Steam. The Game Festival will feature more than a dozen first-look game demos, available to play for a limited 48-hour window before they are removed from Steam.

“Six years ago I bet everything I had to create The Game Awards as a way to celebrate our passion for gaming,” said Geoff Keighley, creator, The Game Awards. “Now feels like the right time to take the next step with The Game Festival, a completely digital approach to the consumer event space. Let’s face it: Not everyone can attend a physical trade show or consumer event. The Game Festival is designed from the ground-up as an event without barriers, extending the benefits of a physical event to the global gaming community that watches The Game Awards.”

As part of the pilot Game Festival on Stream, more than a dozen games are scheduled to be playable. Some of the games that will release free, limited-time demos include:

System Shock (Nightdive Studios)

Eastward (Pixpil/Chucklefish)

Spiritfarer (Thunder Lotus)

Moving Out (SMG Studio/Devm Games/Team17)

Röki (Polygon Treehouse/United Label)

Chicory (Greg Lobanov)

Wooden Nickel (Brain&Brain)

Haven (The Game Bakers)

Heavenly Bodies (2pt Interactive)

Acid Knife (Powerhoof)

The Drifter (Powerhoof)

CARRION (Phobia/Devolver)

SkateBIRD (Glass Bottom Games)

Alongside the Festival, Steam will air The Game Awards live in 4K Ultra High Definition, feature The Game Awards Sale, and offer Steam viewers the opportunity to win a Valve Index VR headset and free game drops throughout the live broadcast.

For more information and to stay up to date on the latest The Game Awards announcements, please visit www.thegameawards.com or contact gameawards@fortyseven.com.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think it could one of the non-TCG Magic games supposedly in the works. If so Magic The Gathering MMORPG by Cryptic is likely.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom