Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Germans get to choose Witcher voices

Ausir

Arcane
Mareus said:
Hehe, I know this is offtopic a bit but I cannot see anything more weird than watching a movie or playing a game that was synchronized on some other language, IF you understand the original language that is. I just like to hear how it sounded originaly, and just thinking how the Witcher would sound on Croatian makes me puke. This is a question to all those Germans, French, ... who synchronize every goddamn thing: Do you really like it better on your native language or are you like me and search for original sound?

I even read books on english if I can get my hands on them, rather than read Croatian translation. I don't know japanese, but I like to watch anime on japanise with written translation. Whenever there is a synchronization involved i just wanna puke.

So, did you play "The Witcher" in the original Polish? Or the butchered English translation?

Suchy

Arcane
Jasede said:
Rambo: First Blood is shit without German dubbing; Stallone sounds so fucking stupid. Same for a lot of movies really; German voice-actors are usually stage-actors and tend to be far better at acting than the actual American actor, resulting in excellent dubbings in movies.
i hear ya and don't forget westerns with indians speaking german.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom