Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Golden Baby Flaps Its Wings: Grimoire Demo Released!

Impressive.

Now only to get the Sir-Tech guys together, under Cleve's watchful eye, like Brian Fargo did with Black Isle guys. Yang to their Yin. Stones of Arnhem remake to their Torment: Tides of Numenera remake. The riots RPG revolution is coming. Go with the flow and be prolific.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
Exiting the 'story' also results in black screen of death. Tried admin mode, browsing the character library causes game to freeze up. Next time I'm just going to click 'quick start' and ignore the menu

edit:
Got into the game. Browsing my character attribute/skills pages (switching between one and another with arrows near portrait), freeze and music stops.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 - also resolution is widescreen, which the game adapted to

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
This is a very impressive piece of work, Cleve.

Your demo is humiliating me in the sense it is now easy to notice how "spoiled" we have been today's RPGs. I have played your demo 30 minutes and was not able to achieve much (the most complex RPGs I played were the Might&Magic series... never really touched Wizardry). Your game tells straight away that you need to invest time and effort to get anywhere. I like that.

Right now, I don't feel spending too much time playing the demo, but I am definitely looking forward the final product.

I liked the story blurb.

Congratulations, and good luck with the Indie Gogo.

Lautreamont

Augur
Why are there only 3 contributors on Indiegogo so far? Get over there Codexians. I just pledged $100 for this.

flying-baby-superman_00030394.jpg

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I knew it!

I wasn't a friggin' meteor that crashed in Russia! It was a FLYING GOLDEN BABY!!

Good job Steve. Looking forward to try it.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Steve?? I don't get it...

Also, what do you folks think about running in XP mode (using VISTA currently) to avoid bugs?

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I knew it!

I wasn't a friggin' meteor that crashed in Russia! It was a FLYING GOLDEN BABY!!

Steve said he is grateful somebody appreciates his contribution to Grimoire as well. He has been laboring under my instruction for years as a minor intern and nobody ever realized he has done a lot of hard work on the game.

Dorateen

Arcane
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Grimoire Demo Release Day shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that pledged to the indiegogo campaign with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in Codexia now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That pledged with us upon Grimoire Demo Release Day.

artakserkso

Educated
Cleve sagt
Vielen Dank für die Unterstützung dieser Kampagne.
Hm... I actually would have bet 25$ that this is all a giant fake.
Guess it's only fair to give them to Cleve.
Wow, Cleve even speaks German. Wish I had me those genes... Anyway. *khm*

Cleve, could we talk a bit about the manuals at this point?

I mean, I know there's a lot of work to be done and details to iron out after that, but could you give us a rough idea of what goes into the different versions so that we could have a more educated guess at our pledge amount?

EG

Nullified
All these years . . . and all to show for it is a hilariously buggy demo.

:troll:

Maelflux

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I knew it!

Steve said he is grateful somebody appreciates his contribution to Grimoire as well. He has been laboring under my instruction for years as a minor intern and nobody ever realized he has done a lot of hard work on the game.

Haha, so sorry man!! I honestly have no clue why I wrote Steve! :oops:

You're both good people to be sure!

Repressed Homosexual
This is a very impressive piece of work, Cleve.

Your demo is humiliating me in the sense it is now easy to notice how "spoiled" we have been today's RPGs. I have played your demo 30 minutes and was not able to achieve much (the most complex RPGs I played were the Might&Magic series... never really touched Wizardry). Your game tells straight away that you need to invest time and effort to get anywhere. I like that.

Right now, I don't feel spending too much time playing the demo, but I am definitely looking forward the final product.

I liked the story blurb.

Congratulations, and good luck with the Indie Gogo.

Yeah, I agree. I was on a supposedly old school gaming forum talking about Grimoire, and I was surprised to say the least. One person was complaining that there weren't tutorial pop ups to explain all the options, and many were agreeing that those additional features were just relics of a bygone era that only bitter dorks would care about, and Bethesda made RPGs much better. Literally a majority of John Walkers, trying to justify why cinematic RPGs like Mass Effect were much better than number crunching.

And this is the exact crowd who played computer games before many of us were born, and used to relish at games like Falcon 4.0 and its gigantic manual and complexity.

I thought that the Codex was exaggerating at times with its apologism, but man I didn't know things had gotten that bad. Even most old school fans have been burned out/spoiled beyond belief.

Repressed Homosexual
All these years . . . and all to show for it is a hilariously buggy demo.

:troll:

... but if those bugs aren't actually in the game, rather in the difference between Win XP and Win 7/Vista then they are a lot easier to remedy than bugs found in the actual code of the game.

Exactly what I was about to say. These aren't really bugs, just a problem dealing with the Windows 7 privileges structure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom