Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Guild Wars 2 Thread

80Maxwell08

Arcane
GW1 has been dead for almost 5 years :negative:
It was dead well before GW2's launch. The last pieces of content added in GW1 are some of the worst in the entire game and they kept fucking up builds trying to fix things that didn't need to be fixed.

Black

Arcane
Actually I had long conversation #43267123461234812 with two friends about "should we search for a new MMO to play" one of these days and eventually one of them decided "oh screw this I'm downloading GW1 again". Told us later the game's not actually dead, supposedly it has much more people than a couple years ago even. Kamadan had 4 districts this last weekend.

I'll probably download it again eventually. The only reason I quitted GW1 was to jump to 2 yet after I noticed it's an irredeemable piece of shit I never went back to the first thinking it was likely dead.
I'll try it again but if there aren't enough people to FA or BA, you'll pay.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Last time I checked it was fairly dead. Mostly just bots everywhere.

From what I understand everyone aka whatever few players are left, is grouping in the American District with Kamadan serving as hub. That might explain why game might be empty otherwise if you play in your non-American district.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Elona is funny because it steals some ancient Egyptian and more recent Arab architecture, clothing, in general esthethics, and put niggers in it, somewhat suggesting that African apemen would be able to ever create something as portrayed on screen above.

Is this even serious? This is so unbelievably stupid I don't even know what to say. I used to love Cantha so much that perhaps it unconsciously motivated me to come live in fucking China. Elona portrayed Africa probably in the coolest way any game has ever done. I guess making something look amazing is racist nowadays?

Funny thing is that it's supposedly NCSoft (i.e. Koreans) who is stopping it rather than Arenanet. Not sure whether its a rare case of Asian SJWs or just really dumb business suits who believe that players don't want it for retarded reasons. Not that I wouldn't believe the GW2 devteam would be capable of deciding something like that on their own.

Agree on Cantha and Elona. Prophecies/EotN are the lamest of the GW1 settings. Funny that EotN was explicitly designed to segway into GW2 and dropped most of its cultural themes in favor of muh totally original fantasy races. We were supposed to get GW: Utopia with gigantic Aztec cities and pyramids and blood sacrifice and chronomancers

utopia1-860x280.jpg

:negative:

Kind of an odd complaint, considering they were all distinct factions. It sounds like a SJWy "you don't understand all of their unique cultural differences REEEEEEE" thing, which is what I've heard presented. All the factions were quite distinct in Factions (The Empire = Chinese, Kurzicks = Koreans, Luxons = Japanese). Koreans loved GW1 anyway, Japs only play console games and surely the Chinese would be OK with a fantasy world in which Korea and Japan were still China's bitch.

Now that you mention it though, don't Asian MMOs do a lot of the treadmill content thing (e.g. the living story where you have to log in every week or you miss out on stuff permanently)? Has Anet released any revenue information showing that they have broken into the Asian market? Because it sure seems like everyone in the west agrees GW2 didn't take a great path.

Black

Arcane
I think we can at least agree that Factions is a total disgrace.
Hell no, both from what it brought to the game and eye candy standpoints. Shing Jea is fucking dreamy, Jade sea is nice, german forest is okay.

Black

Arcane
The urban maps are ugly because for some reason anet decided to go after how modern China actually looks.
And you only hate asssassssaasssasssins because you got dark prison'd one time too many.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Kaineng is fucking shit for two reasons.

1. The stupid confusing map design with every walkway leading someplace completely different than it seems.
2. The fucking TRAPS EVERYWHERE HOLY SHIT WHO THOUGHT GIVING ALL ENEMY RAINJERKS TRAPS WAS A GOOD IDEA

xXxAssassassassinSxXx are a bucket o' laughs tho

Shield_Bash.jpg

v1rus

Arcane
Seeing you fuckers get all nostalgic made me regret my life choices once again, since I have never played GW1. Any bloody point in doing so now?

I couldn't believe these "this came from the south korean upper floors we swear!" theories not even if Anet sent me lifetime supplies of booze and hookers. This is Anet internal fuckery plain and simple

i don't know, it's still the same people who gave us guild wars...

I couldn't believe these "this came from the south korean upper floors we swear!" theories not even if Anet sent me lifetime supplies of booze and hookers. This is Anet internal fuckery plain and simple

i don't know, it's still the same people who gave us guild wars...

The Guild Wars 1 team was basically gone by the time of Guild Wars 2 release. The lead dev for GW2 never even played GW1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom