Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Guild Wars 2 Thread

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
That seems to be the general sentiment among the people actually playing the game and not basing their opinions on launch months, but yeah they've taken their sweet time to turn it around. Season 1 Living Story was conceptually sound because how often do you really see MMORPGs tangibly change outside of expansions, until you realize it was all temporary content that you had to experience or lose it forever. In contrast Season 3 Living Story was definitely made to enhance the Heart of Thorns expansion which had a weak offering as far as zones went and each episode added a small zone of its own.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Anyone still plays this?

Was checking some videos and thinking about getting back into it. Just remembered how incredibly well designed and distinct the classes are. Only game I remember where every class just appeals to me.

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Game is apparently undergoing an influx of players after Bless Online bombed and due to discount at the store.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Anyone still plays this?
how incredibly well designed and distinct the classes are.

Yea, ranger and necro sure were well designed.*

*This is going by the state of balance when I stopped playing a year after release**
**We can safely presume that these classes are still shit and nothing has changed with the game though

roll-a-die

Magister
Anyone still plays this?

*This is going by the state of balance when I stopped playing a year after release**
**We can safely presume that these classes are still shit and nothing has changed with the game though
PvP classes. Necro is pretty good now for PvE though since they got rid of the condi cap and expak ago.

Not sure on Ranger heard it's pretty decent though.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Is the best only way to farm gold still doing speedruns of one or two specific instances in nothing but full zerker gear?

v1rus

Arcane
Is the best only way to farm gold still doing speedruns of one or two specific instances in nothing but full zerker gear?

I stopped playing like 4 years ago - it was nerfed even back then. Dungeon rewards are now on a daily timer or something.

Ah, it was fun maining a mesmer. There was that one TEH_BEST speedrun instance, fire something, requiring 4 zerk warriors and a mesmer. I'd pretty much just port em and use time lapse, tryhard fuckers did all the rest. Heck, I wasnt even in zerk gear, it was ramp i think.

Oh, there was also the time they released that aetherblade jumping puzzle. Bunch of mesmers organized a teleportation railway, from way point straight to the chest. Spent couple of hours doing that. As mesmers went off, I became the one in charge soon enough. Earned shitton of money and mats from tips, more than i did from farming instances. Mesmers were awsum.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Burned myself by grinding gear for raids, stopped in middle of Elona campaign.

everywhere I looked the fanboys said there is no gear treadmill? How is the grind?
There's grind if you want to be in top 10% performance (ascended gear and stuff). But even then it's better than in most MMOs because most of the time you'll use that gear for a long time (instead of replacing it every content patch). Even stat-change is relatively cheap if you decide to change your build.

Last edited:

v1rus

Arcane

everywhere I looked the fanboys said there is no gear treadmill? How is the grind?
There's grind if you want to be in top 10% performance (ascended gear and stuff). But even then it's better than in most MMOs because most of the time you'll use that gear for a long time (instead of replacing it every content patch). Even stat-change is relatively cheap if you decide to change your build.

What would you say, in how good ofa state is the game in?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane

I wouldn't even know how to begin answering such a broad question. It works? D: If you didn't like it before then most likely you won't change your mind (it's still the same game, just better).

v1rus

Arcane

I wouldn't even know how to begin answering such a broad question. It works? D: If you didn't like it before then most likely you won't change your mind (it's still the same game, just better).

I liked it, a lot, during season 1.

Hm. Perhaps I should give it a try, but I cant really, without buying the expans, but dont want to get burned out after couple of weeks. Already did pretty much all vanilla content.

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Anyone still plays this?

PvP classes. Necro is pretty good now for PvE though since they got rid of the condi cap and expak ago.

I'm playing ranger - find it good for PvP and fine for PvE. But just started again. The elite specialization help a lot, I especially like the soulbeast.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Anyone still plays this?

Can Necromancers actually die these days? When I last played the game about a year ago you basically had to TRY to die in PvE as one of them. Oh, what was that? Unlikely case you managed to get my health down? Let me just pop a SECOND health bar with my Death Shroud.

roll-a-die

Magister
Anyone still plays this?

Can Necromancers actually die these days? When I last played the game about a year ago you basically had to TRY to die in PvE as one of them. Oh, what was that? Unlikely case you managed to get my health down? Let me just pop a SECOND health bar with my Death Shroud.
They are still pretty much I Win in PVE situations where you would normally be soloing. There's a lot of stuff in HoT that relies on you being instagibbed because it's prepping you for PvP that it allows you to survive as well.

PoF is much better than HoT in that regard.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I remember during the early beta when you could barely solo a komodo dragon. Aggroing two would mean certain death.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Tomb Kings DLC?

I played the shit out of this when first released but dropped it because of none of my friends played that long. Is there any real, good aditions with xpacs? Kinda itching for it nowadays.

grimace

Arcane
Game is apparently undergoing an influx of players after Bless Online bombed and due to discount at the store.

What's the Bless Online story?

Is now the best time to experience Guild Wars 2?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom