Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The incline of adventure games

Discussion in 'Adventure Gaming' started by MapMan, Apr 4, 2010.

1. MapMan Arcane

MapMan
    15 days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Apparently, the game is already released but only in german (?). We need some of the codex fascists to come here and translate this into understandable language.

http://www.15days-game.com/

^ Top  
  2. MapMan Arcane

MapMan
    I dont know. Looks cool, I guess :avatard:

^ Top  
  3. jagged-jimmy Prophet

jagged-jimmy
    Codex 2012
    Yea, whats so special about it? Anyways, the english forum states: european release is planned for next winter.

^ Top  
  4. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    Codex 2012 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    It does look pretty good except for the character animations, but for all we know it can be retarded in every other department?

Do you know anything about the game, besides the graphics? :)

^ Top  
  5. MapMan Arcane

MapMan
    The background art is prerendered thus it looks good. No, I dont know anything about the game besides the graphics, the webpage's in german. FFS.

^ Top  
  6. Quilty Magister

Quilty
    It certainly has that strange, squeaky-clean German look. I hope the writing's not the usual German crap. I could use a good Adventure games after the bad taste all these new Monkey island and Sam and Max games left in my mouth. Didn't care for those at all.

^ Top  
  7. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism
    German adventure game incline:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While the puzzles are rather easy, the game is really awesome and has the typical old Lucas Arts/Sierra charme of the early 90's. Beautiful art, good humour, clever story.

Game's called Book of Unwritten Tales. Played it, loved it. Looking forward to the prequel that's in production now.

^ Top  
  8. Quilty Magister

Quilty
    Haven't seen that one, looks nice.

There's another beautiful German game that I'm excited about called the Whispered World. The art is absolutely stunning but the English VOs in the trailer are abysmal (I tried the German demo and the main charater VO was pretty much shit as well). Also (and no offence to our fascist friends at the Codex), I often find German humour cringeworthy, so I'm worried whether or not the Whispered World suffers from it as well.

^ Top  
  9. WhiskeyWolf RPG Codex Polish Car Thief Patron

WhiskeyWolf
    That ass looks nice.

^ Top  
  10. DriacKin Arbiter

DriacKin
    Do any of these games have English versions or are they all just some stupid foreign shit?

^ Top  
  11. Wulfstand Prophet

Wulfstand
    When the hell does this get translated. I waited for it quite a while, but gave up on it until it releases.(Just like I did for The River of Time)
    Also, what's with this new german trend to make a direct prequel to a lets-say popular game, instead of a sequel?

^ Top  
  12. Fez Erudite

Fez
    The art looks fine in both games to me, although the second looks the best.

It's the quality of the writing (or translation) that will make or break it though. I've put up with some really primitive or ugly looking games for a decent story but not the opposite.

^ Top  
  13. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    I liked KQ2. Good times trying to walk that path up to the castle. Touch the thorns and you die!!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Dire Roach Prophet

Dire Roach
    Judging from those screenshots, it would seem the game's story is about a tranny living in pre-ITZ London who must fulfill her multikult race-mix quota for the month.

^ Top  
  15. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    Secret Lab of the Warrior-Magus of Esoteric RPGism
    I found it to be the wittiest game since Lucas Arts stopped posting making adventures. Too many WoW references later on, but generally the humour hits the spot and characters are positively quirky. The puns are also rather good, but puns are always a bitch to translate.

I actually thought about LPing this game, but I can properly do that only once my holidays start.

^ Top  
  16. Jimmy McDunce Novice

Jimmy McDunce
    graphic whores

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)