Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The incline of adventure games

MapMan

Arcane
15 days.

960696_20100331_screen001.jpg

960696_20100331_screen002.jpg

960696_20100331_screen003.jpg

960696_20100331_screen004.jpg

Apparently, the game is already released but only in german (?). We need some of the codex fascists to come here and translate this into understandable language.

http://www.15days-game.com/

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
MapMan said:
Grunker said:
Where's the incline-part?

I dont know. Looks cool, I guess :avatard:

It does look pretty good except for the character animations, but for all we know it can be retarded in every other department?

Do you know anything about the game, besides the graphics? :)

MapMan

Arcane
Grunker said:
MapMan said:
Grunker said:
Where's the incline-part?

I dont know. Looks cool, I guess :avatard:

It does look pretty good except for the character animations, but for all we know it can be retarded in every other department?

Do you know anything about the game, besides the graphics? :)

The background art is prerendered thus it looks good. No, I dont know anything about the game besides the graphics, the webpage's in german. FFS.

Quilty

Magister
It certainly has that strange, squeaky-clean German look. I hope the writing's not the usual German crap. I could use a good Adventure games after the bad taste all these new Monkey island and Sam and Max games left in my mouth. Didn't care for those at all.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
German adventure game incline:

big_802the-book-of-unwritten-tales.jpg

d8ed4808f838543400a1947942b78b58.jpg

book_of_unwritten_tale_pcgames001.jpg

While the puzzles are rather easy, the game is really awesome and has the typical old Lucas Arts/Sierra charme of the early 90's. Beautiful art, good humour, clever story.

Game's called Book of Unwritten Tales. Played it, loved it. Looking forward to the prequel that's in production now.

Quilty

Magister
Haven't seen that one, looks nice.

There's another beautiful German game that I'm excited about called the Whispered World. The art is absolutely stunning but the English VOs in the trailer are abysmal (I tried the German demo and the main charater VO was pretty much shit as well). Also (and no offence to our fascist friends at the Codex), I often find German humour cringeworthy, so I'm worried whether or not the Whispered World suffers from it as well.

Wulfstand

Prophet
JarlFrank said:
German adventure game incline:

While the puzzles are rather easy, the game is really awesome and has the typical old Lucas Arts/Sierra charme of the early 90's. Beautiful art, good humour, clever story.

Game's called Book of Unwritten Tales. Played it, loved it. Looking forward to the prequel that's in production now.

When the hell does this get translated. I waited for it quite a while, but gave up on it until it releases.(Just like I did for The River of Time)
Also, what's with this new german trend to make a direct prequel to a lets-say popular game, instead of a sequel?

Fez

Erudite
The art looks fine in both games to me, although the second looks the best.

It's the quality of the writing (or translation) that will make or break it though. I've put up with some really primitive or ugly looking games for a decent story but not the opposite.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I liked KQ2. Good times trying to walk that path up to the castle. Touch the thorns and you die!!

Dire Roach

Prophet
Judging from those screenshots, it would seem the game's story is about a tranny living in pre-ITZ London who must fulfill her multikult race-mix quota for the month.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fez said:
The art looks fine in both games to me, although the second looks the best.

It's the quality of the writing (or translation) that will make or break it though. I've put up with some really primitive or ugly looking games for a decent story but not the opposite.

I found it to be the wittiest game since Lucas Arts stopped posting making adventures. Too many WoW references later on, but generally the humour hits the spot and characters are positively quirky. The puns are also rather good, but puns are always a bitch to translate.

I actually thought about LPing this game, but I can properly do that only once my holidays start.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom