Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Metro, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    It appears they nuked the tweet scant minutes after you posted, since it was dead 2-3 minutes after you tossed the post up. Don't really give a shit about Portia, but Soul Calibur and Yakuza sound pretty agreeable to me. I'm not a fan of most fighting games but I liked Soul Calibur.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Galdred Studio Draconis Patron Developer

Galdred
    So at best, we get to choose 10 games among 10?
    If they had made it 20, or even 10 among 15, it would not have looked like a straight downgrade.
    Granted, some month had less than 10 games (8 for september, 8 for novermber).

Spyro CoD and Crash Bandycot were from last month iirc.

^ Top  
  3. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    It still arguably would, because it's $15 a month for 3 games if you aren't a "Classic" subscriber. So even with a better selection you'd be getting slim pickings at the new regular rate. Then the premium rate of $20 a month, which is worse than "Classic" which only costs $12 a month. Just seems like a completely transparent attempt to get people to subscribe at the current $12 plan and then since there's no more early reveals, drive the quality of the games off a cliff. Which I assume means they're planning on killing Humble monthly (Calling Choice the same thing) since this feels like a strategy to grab as much cash as they can before they go out. It's still working on me though, since the last two monthlies were tempting enough for me to buy in and I figure I'll give Choice a few months to see if it's god-awful before I cancel my subscription.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    Unsurprisingly, it's happening in December.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    Oh, interesting. I actually read the email they sent about about Humble Choice and noticed this part of it:
    "Can I pause and keep my Classic plan?
    Yes. The only way a subscriber will lose access to the Classic plan is to cancel. A subscriber may pause at any time."

And they say that billing regularly happens on the last Friday of the month unless you choose to pay earlier, so it sounds like we can potentially pause and resume and keep the $12 a month price if there's a month of shit you don't like, we just have to "Pause" rather than "Cancel". Never actually paused a Humble subscription so I assume there's a gotcha in there like it only pauses for a single month or something to try to get people to forget about it rather than just canceling, but that's nice if Choice ends up being a complete shitshow. Basically just have to subscribe to the current monthly and let it keep running into December, and then on the 6th it sounds like you're shown the games in that Choice and then you can decide to buy-in, pause, or leave it (In which case you get billed on the last Friday of December).

^ Top  
  6. Jenkem Magister Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    This is how the Humble Monthly has worked already. You can just pause every month, but yeah it only pauses it for that month. After a few months of pauses they try to offer you $2 off the next bundle, so I just waited for one I actually waited and still went to pause it, then when it offered me the discount said sure. :cool:

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    I knew pausing existed in the monthly, I just never used it since I'd rather cancel and renew with no chance to forget it's running. They'd occasionally offer me the $2 off discounts too though, so it wasn't unique to just pausing.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    QUALITY

• hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • what? x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Fuuuu... I have an offer to sub for $12 still. Choices, choices...
    :shredder::philosoraptor:

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I'm someone who mostly pays attention to the indie scene to find interesting new titles.

None of these titles interest me. If I was subscribed to this service, could I reject all 10 and get my money back?

• Yes Yes x 2
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    I assume that can't be accurate because if it is I'll start firehosing cum all over my computer once it arrives. Bit of an overstatement, but I'd be happy about the entire top row, and the bottom row I know absolutely nothing about. Tomb Raider's a spectacle game and I'm always happy to pick those up cheap, Blasphemous just looks like it should be fun, Void Bastards I've played a little bit of via game pass and even though I could see it getting old quickly it's kinda fun until it reaches that point, Phantom Doctrine I've heard decent things about (Cold war Xcom) even though it's flawed, and Dead in Vinland I'm interested in since Dead in Bermuda was interesting. Blasphemous is the most suspect game of the bunch though since it's so recent.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Jenkem Magister Patron

Jenkem
    Blasphemous is good, not without its flaws of course.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. passerby Savant

passerby
    Your CC is automatically charged 10 days ( or a week don't remember ) before the new bundle starts, unless you approve it manually earlier.
    If you pause the subscription for a month before you get charged, you won't get the keys and won't be charged this month.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Fuck it, I subbed for $9. Got Yakuza Kiwami, Soul Calibur VI and My Time at Portia. All other games is a bonus.

I have Blasphemous, Phantom Doctrine and Dead in Vinland on my wish list. (I still think this could be fake.)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Jenkem Magister Patron

Jenkem
    I don't think those "you get to pick" games are for this month since when you sub you don't have any option to choose between the three preview games, which tells me it's the same as it ever was

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Modron Arcane

Modron
    I think that was more about him locking in that 12 dollar subscription price.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. rohand Arbiter

rohand
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • M'lady M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. ultimanecat Cipher

ultimanecat
    Jokes on me for thinking I’d get some sort of crazy deal by subscribing to Humble a few days ago. Have to pay for another month to get access to the new games.

Edit: That said, $12 for all of those games ain’t bad. If they keep throwing a few worthless indies at you though then the new $15 for your choice of three is probably a better choice for anyone who hasn’t locked in the old pricing.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    • gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    Those devils changed Void Bastards for Ancestors Legacy! :argh:
    Still a pretty decent pile of games and definitely still worth it to me in terms of shit I was interested in, but that's a mild bummer. I almost can't stand playing RTS these days. Only one that didn't give me a spasm in recent memory was Offworld Trading Company.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman Don't call Abigail Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    AFAIK Ancestors is more a RTT rather than RTS. A friend of mine compared it to Myth.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    New bundle's pretty alright, though word of warning for other retards like me: There are 12 games in the bundle and if you're on classic, you get 10 picks. Was running on auto-pilot and assumed it was 10-10 like last time. Didn't hose myself too bad since I didn't pick shit I already had, but well worth warning.

Another solid pile though. Most of it is stuff I'm not all that interested in, but Two Point Hospital, Trailmakers, and Whispers of a Machine are pretty good hits for me.
    [​IMG]

• Brofist x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • meh x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    Void Bastards, where? :argh:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Taurist Educated

Taurist
    Making you choose just makes the selection seem even worse. Only three of those games are worth anything at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  25. Zann Savant Patron

Zann
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Yeah, hit the pause button for this one. Only interested in Whispers Of A Machine & already got that from a recent GOG sale.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top