Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Metro, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Modron Arcane

Modron
    Downside is they are raising the prices, that classic won't outlast the last yearlong subscription you made for sure.

^ Top  
  2. Unkillable Cat Prestigious Gentleman LEST WE FORGET Patron

Unkillable Cat
    Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I was always suspicious of the monthly subscription plan for some reason, hence why I never signed up for it. Not starting now, as I only use Humble Bundle for the rare occasion when a game is DRM-free exclusively at their store.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Multi-headed Cow Savant

Multi-headed Cow
    Well shit, that's a straight downgrade. Price increase for fewer games presumably because people were just selling their extra keys off for shit they didn't want. I usually end up skipping most Humble monthlies, but I might subscribe on this current one and then leave it up just to see what the next it and judge if I want to cancel or just let it roll on at $12, bearing in mind I can sell the extras. If anything that might drive up the price of the aftermarket keys since people wouldn't be buying in on them as easily as they are now, so less supply going around. Not looking to make a profit but it'll probably be worth subscribing just so I can hock the shit I don't care about so I can continue getting the scraps I do want for dirt cheap. Just more of a pain in the ass now, thanks Humble. :argh:

Then again it's likely only a matter of time before they slip in some EGS keys in there so that might be reason to steer clear.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    Who is even in charge of these things?

In case it gets changed they apparently leaked the next Humble Monthly up-front offerings. Or they're baiting to get people to subscribe.

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Multi-headed Cow Savant

Multi-headed Cow
    It appears they nuked the tweet scant minutes after you posted, since it was dead 2-3 minutes after you tossed the post up. Don't really give a shit about Portia, but Soul Calibur and Yakuza sound pretty agreeable to me. I'm not a fan of most fighting games but I liked Soul Calibur.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Galdred Studio Draconis Patron Developer

Galdred
    So at best, we get to choose 10 games among 10?
    If they had made it 20, or even 10 among 15, it would not have looked like a straight downgrade.
    Granted, some month had less than 10 games (8 for september, 8 for novermber).

Spyro CoD and Crash Bandycot were from last month iirc.

^ Top  
  7. Multi-headed Cow Savant

Multi-headed Cow
    It still arguably would, because it's $15 a month for 3 games if you aren't a "Classic" subscriber. So even with a better selection you'd be getting slim pickings at the new regular rate. Then the premium rate of $20 a month, which is worse than "Classic" which only costs $12 a month. Just seems like a completely transparent attempt to get people to subscribe at the current $12 plan and then since there's no more early reveals, drive the quality of the games off a cliff. Which I assume means they're planning on killing Humble monthly (Calling Choice the same thing) since this feels like a strategy to grab as much cash as they can before they go out. It's still working on me though, since the last two monthlies were tempting enough for me to buy in and I figure I'll give Choice a few months to see if it's god-awful before I cancel my subscription.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    Unsurprisingly, it's happening in December.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Multi-headed Cow Savant

Multi-headed Cow
    Oh, interesting. I actually read the email they sent about about Humble Choice and noticed this part of it:
    "Can I pause and keep my Classic plan?
    Yes. The only way a subscriber will lose access to the Classic plan is to cancel. A subscriber may pause at any time."

And they say that billing regularly happens on the last Friday of the month unless you choose to pay earlier, so it sounds like we can potentially pause and resume and keep the $12 a month price if there's a month of shit you don't like, we just have to "Pause" rather than "Cancel". Never actually paused a Humble subscription so I assume there's a gotcha in there like it only pauses for a single month or something to try to get people to forget about it rather than just canceling, but that's nice if Choice ends up being a complete shitshow. Basically just have to subscribe to the current monthly and let it keep running into December, and then on the 6th it sounds like you're shown the games in that Choice and then you can decide to buy-in, pause, or leave it (In which case you get billed on the last Friday of December).

^ Top  
  10. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!
    This is how the Humble Monthly has worked already. You can just pause every month, but yeah it only pauses it for that month. After a few months of pauses they try to offer you $2 off the next bundle, so I just waited for one I actually waited and still went to pause it, then when it offered me the discount said sure. :cool:

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Multi-headed Cow Savant

Multi-headed Cow
    I knew pausing existed in the monthly, I just never used it since I'd rather cancel and renew with no chance to forget it's running. They'd occasionally offer me the $2 off discounts too though, so it wasn't unique to just pausing.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)