Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Multi-headed Cow

$4.30ish for 3 games, hmmm. Wasn't all that interested in Nuclear Dawn, Max I'm not sure about, and Fractal looked sorta fun.

Edit: Ah fuck it, I'll pay the indie tax and buy them anyway.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Max is a Wii Ware game. I looked at some walkthroughs but it didn't really appeal to me -- it's basically just a physics platformer where you draw stuff to help him advance. The other two (aside from Nuclear Dawn) looked wholly uninteresting. IMO, the biggest problem with these Royale bundles is that they don't really have very diverse/interesting games. Here's hoping there is a Humble Bundle this month although I doubt it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Rumors/database entries swirling point to a new Humble Bundle and Indie Gala bundle coming soon.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Any info on what'll be in them?

Nope, nothing yet. The Humble leak was from a Steam registry entry added today but didn't list the games -- just Humble Indie Bundle 5 and a separate entry for 'bonus.' Note the 5 is probably a mistake on Valve's part. Someone apparently e-mailed the Humble guys and they said they're working on one but it's not one of the 'numbered ones.' The Gala info comes from their twitter and is just general hints.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Indie Gala twitter:

"To date, five magnificent and solid games are confirmed for next @indiegala, as well as six new music albums that will amaze you."
"All the games will be redeemable on Steam. All the music albums will be available in both mp3 320 and FLAC formats."
"None of these @indiegala games or music albums has participated in previous promotions"

Multi-headed Cow

Well that's nice. Five games that haven't been in an indie bundle before and are on Steam, sign me up.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bleh, looks like the Humble Bundle turned out to be mediocre -- Edge, Osmos, Anomaly, and having to pay over the average for World of Goo. While the emphasis is on the phone versions you still get PC/Mac/Linux versions. Might throw $1 in for Anomaly, otherwise waiting it out to see if they add anything decent.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Mediocre indeed. Osmos and World of Goo are great, but they have already been offered, and I am not familiar with the others. I might still pay a token amount for the future bonus, but the last one was much better.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Eh, I put in $1.10 (have to pay over $1 for Steam keys) now to lock in any bonuses they might throw in later.

Multi-headed Cow

Yeah, chucked $1.10 at the EFF. Already got all these games on Steam, but this includes the soundtracks and Linux and Android versions if I ever get a wild hair up my ass, and theoretically they might add something I don't have. Since I've got an HP Touchpad and put Android on it I guess I could fuck with them on that, but I'm not sure I'd want to when they're on PC.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO PICKED IT UP FOR OSMOS AND ANOMALY LOOKS OKAY

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Picked it up since I just recently got an Android tablet.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Osmos is a nice game, and worth it if you do not already have it. Some levels are devilishly hard, so do not let the simple and relaxing appearance fool you.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT OSMOS

HEY SHOULD NT SOME BRO HERE BECOME REALLY ANGRY THAT INDIE ISNT A CATERGOTY AND TELLS YOU NOTHING ABOJUT A GAME AND INDIE IS A MEANINGESS LABEL LOLLOLOL IS AWOR SUCKWITZ HERE!!!11

TripJack

Hedonist
meh

the 'bonus' will probably just be the last bundle or some lame shit like that

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Also they're only going to sell a limited amount of them. Makes me wonder if it's going to have a fixed price.

IndieGala IndieGala

Also, this @indiegala sale will not be based on time but will last until the exhaustion of the (limited) number of bundles available.

Multi-headed Cow

Damn me for buying Haunted! DAMN ME! Already got Xotic, Beep, and Haunted. Don't give much of a shit for Wasteland Angel, but Sideways New York might be ok for cheaps. And Haunted seems pretty ok for mindless shooting from what I've tried, Beep looked kinda cool so I bought it during some sale somewhere, and Xotic I got for free and is kinda fun. So reasonable good bundle in total.

Also saw on Indiegala's webpage they say "Expected launch time: Saturday 4th February 8.00 GMT". Assuming it launches on time (Which is a bit unlikely since Indiegala always seems to be behind schedule on stuff) and assuming no mention of AM or PM means 24 hour clock, should be able to buy some shitty indie games at 2 AM Central time. In approximately 4 hours 20 minutes. :bounce:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
At first I was shocked that Haunted would be in a bundle but then I saw it's 50 metacritic.... wow. Not that I trust meta critic but usually it works in the opposite direction when they overhype shit like Oblivion. If you got a 50 from metacritic then you know your game sucks. Anyway, these have all appealed to me except Beep so definite buy for me. Pretty stupid that in two weeks time you can pick up 10 or more indie games for like $2 minimum.

Also, some Indie Gala rumors from CAG:

Apparently this is going live in 8 GMT so 4 1/2 hrs from now.

I've read on another forum the following is rumored to be the games in the pack (based supposedly on a youtube video the Indie Gala inadvertently put up too early then quickly yanked).

Pay up to $3.99 - Get Bunch of Heroes, Fortix 2 & Critical Mass.

Pay more than $3.99 you also get Roboblitz and Greed Corp.

Pay more than $6.99 and you get the first bundle contents too.

Take it with a grain of salt for now though we will find out soon enough.

Multi-headed Cow

50 metascore is somewhat alarming. If they used the full scale then it'd be more reasonable, since Haunted pretty much is a "Yeah this is a decent enough mindless shoot 'em up", but since videogame journalists don't use the full scale that's kinda weird.

Then again, http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-haunted-hells-reach/1211890p1.html
"Cons:
Too difficult to get anywhere"
Derp

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom