Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Speculation that the two 'RPG defense' games in the Royale Bundle are Soul Caster 1 and 2:

So that would make it Zeno Clash, Hoard, Lume, and Soul Caster 1 and 2. Not bad but the first three just don't strike me as anything I'd play beyond an hour or two each. And Lume is apparently thirty minutes long...

Multi-headed Cow

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell I realize you're a lot stricter with your gaming money than I am, but Zeno Clash and Hoard wouldn't be too bad for $4. Couldn't speak to Lume (Bought it for a dollar I believe, have yet to play it) and the other games don't exist. Still, Zeno Clash's gameplay is kinda cool, and given that you enjoyed the combat in Dead Island you're probably not averse to first person brawling. The story is super short, but there's a challenge tower mode for more beat em upings. And Hoard is a score attack game mainly so it'd last you quite a while if you get in to it. There's a demo on Steam if you're so inclined, IIRC the demo is one or two maps, but that'd give you the basic gist of the game, even though those maps are missing a few minor wrinkles including in the full game.

So absolutely shit bundle for me since I already own all the Steam crap, but if you don't already own Zeno Clash and Hoard it's not too bad.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I just try to prevent myself from buying games that I probably won't put too much time into . I'm fine with paying $10 for one game I know has a lot of depth/replay value but hate spending $5 for a handful of time-wasters.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I HAVE XENO CLASH ON THE FAGBOX AND IT WAS PRETTY GOOD ESPECIALLY FOR FOUR DOLLARD

Multi-headed Cow

Apparently that Groupees thing is going to be doing some shenanigans with global goals.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
HumbleBundle added Toki Tori.

Unfortunately, it won't currently run on ICS.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Apparently Indie Gala is going to add more stuff but only if you opted for the mid-tier bundle or higher... which I didn't. You can add more to your initial purchase but I doubt I will because their bonuses are usually pretty tame.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Indie Royale Bundle live, and it is what was guessed: Zeno Clash, Hoard, Lume, Soul Caster 1, and Soul Caster 2. Passing on it myself but I'd be interested in a Zeno Clash key if anyone has an extra.

Multi-headed Cow

It's all Bunch of Heroes. It's so awful it's seeping in to the other games.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The 'Be Mine' bundle got overloaded so they're relaunched tomorrow.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I got some games i already had with gala bundle and some shit im not interested in,so if someone wants a free game just let me now.
I got
Critical mass
Fortrix 2
Hacker Evolution
Hacker Duality
Hacker Untold
inMomentum
and i got one The Ship copy from that christmas sale.

Multi-headed Cow

The 'Be Mine' bundle got overloaded so they're relaunched tomorrow.
And they say they're still overloaded and will relaunch tomorrow-tomorrow or tomorrow-tomorrow-tomorrow.
We are working to transition to our new server schema to support the overwhelming interest in this bundle. We expect to relaunch sometime in the next 24-48 hours. We will update everyone via Twitter. We're sorry for the inconvenience!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
100% of the money goes to charity. I'll do the standard $1 in case they add finished games as an incentive (but I doubt it -- it'll be something like a month of minecraft). Anything they produce with a sixty hour limit will be crap. Apparently RTS is in the lead as one of the deciding genres and I can't stand the direction RTS games have gone in the past.

TripJack

Hedonist
jesus christ that is the worst idea i've ever heard

of course it's actually a great idea because tons of idiots will pay for it

Don Peste

Arcane
I will pay for it! One dollar...
No, it could be fun! A little RTS Racing game in Steampunk Ancient Egypt?

Multi-headed Cow

An RTS racing game made in 60 hours will surely be fun!

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm watching the steam and enjoying it very much. It's always fun to see people draw in PS and stuff. Will be interesting to see them translate concept into 32x32 sprites.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Not very fun to see people sit in a Java editor however.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom