Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Iron Oath - turn-based strategy RPG with awesome pixel art

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update #15

Sep 2 2017

Provisions and Camping (+Thunderclap)

Good day everyone! We're happy to see that things are still progressing smoothly as we close in on that Guild Council stretch goal. Just under $7k until we unlock it, so if there's a friend you haven't told about our game, be sure to let them know :) We have quite a few things to mention in today's update, but first we're going to touch on two important considerations for missions: provisions and camping.

Resource management during missions is vital, and before beginning any mission you will get to choose and purchase what items you wish to bring along. Every item has a capacity value associated with it, and your bag space is limited so you will need to choose wisely. Possible items include:

• Health potions: Ranging from small to large in size, used to restore health
  • Elixirs: Elixirs can grant various buffs, condition immunities or damage resistances
  • Antidotes: Cures the poison condition and grants a temporary immunity
  • Bandages: Cures the bleed condition and reduces the effect of injuries
  • Salves: Cures the burn condition and grants a temporary immunity
  • Lockpicks: In the right hands, lockpicks can be used to open locked doors and chests.
  • Firewood: Used to set up campfires
  • Food: Used while camping to restore a small amount of health and spirit for everyone
Many rarer items also exist in the world like special incenses that can be added to campfires to ward off spirits or grant bonuses to your characters.

34267c346a202a7dfb72ebfcf35bc36d_original.png

When missions are long enough, and provided you have firewood, you will be able to set-up a campfire to rest and restore your party’s health, spirit and mental state. When you reach an appropriate room to camp in, your characters will chime in on whether they think the location is suitable or not.

Once you begin camping, you will first choose how much firewood to use. A small fire has a lower chance of attracting attention but is less beneficial to recovery, while a larger flame does more for your characters but may also garner unwanted attention. Once the flame is lit, you will be able to consume food, use special items like incense and other consumables such as bandages.Your characters will also converse with one another during this time, discussing the task at hand or just plain small talk. Depending on what is said, your party's Spirit pools may be raised or lowered as a result.

12dc4156c17524396488c4fb89dd8c71_original.gif

Following that, you will then choose how long to rest for, which character(s) you want to keep watch and whether or not they should take shifts(and in which order). The longer a character is able to rest, the more health and spirit they will recover. It is possible to be ambushed by enemies while camping, so keeping watch is an important role to consider, especially if you choose to camp in an unsecured room. In addition to ambushes, there are other events that can occur as well. Depending on their perception, your lookout may hear a rustling in the distance and you can choose to wake the party, investigate, or ignore it.

Once the resting period is over, characters who managed to sleep long enough will be given a well rested bonus that will last for the next few combat encounters.

Social Goals
378bc4347b1cf91622cb8b60f876ce00_original.png

Alternate skins have been unlocked!
Thanks to you, we’ve now hit 8 social goals, and that means that every class in the game will come with at least one alternate skin! Here are the remaining targets and rewards:

• 12 Goals: Our artist will create a video tutorial explaining his process and tips for designing & animating characters
  • 16 Goals: Enlarged and improved character portraits will be added for all cinematic & dialogue sequences.
  • 20 Goals: Discover the hidden secrets of our game’s world by completing a multi-stage quest which will unlock an additional character class in the game.
Check out the Social Goals section on the campaign page to find out how you can help unlock these rewards!

Paypal
We’ve had quite a few requests for a Paypal option and we’d like to address our plans for that. Following the campaign, we will be using BackerKit to allow late-backers to pledge to the campaign, and you will be able to use Paypal to do so. All pledge tiers, rewards and add-ons will remain the same as they are here on Kickstarter.

Fan Art Contest
I wanted to give a quick reminder and let our new backers know about our Fan Art Contest that is open until Wednesday September 6th at 12am EST. It’s open to everyone and we’re giving away prizes to the top 5 entries. For more information, read this update.

Community Forum
I’d also like to give one more shout-out to the community forum set up by one of our awesome backers. We encourage you to register and you can find the forum HERE.

Thunderclap Campaign
Lastly, in preparation for the final 24 hours of our Kickstarter, we’ve gone and set up a Thunderclap campaign to help give us an extra boost on that final day. If you use Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr you can sign-up for free to help spread the word. We would greatly appreciate it if you could take 30 seconds to do this, it really would go a long way to reaching those stretch goals :)

Support us on Thunderclap

Thank you everyone!

sennin

Curious Panda Games
Developer
This week! I wanted to get out the Guild Management update first(which was originally going to be 3 parts but I'm gonna have to cram it into 1 given the amount of time we have left), and then the Overworld one will follow. The last one after that will cover some lore and world info(regions, factions, Houses etc)

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Signed up on Thunderclap. :salute:

For some reason, I have an awful lot to say about this update.

Great to see alternate skins make it! I hope there will be different color options too on each skin, to make each character more individual. The dream is for every merc to be visually distinct.

I really hope we see the Guild Council in the game, with lots of stuff to do back at headquarters. Training, fatigue, performance reviews, etc. Missions and combat are great, but I love real management gameplay too. Looking forward to Guild Management update.

Awesome to see "party banter" in camp (and perhaps also during missions?). I hope there will be a ton of dialogue written even if it has little or no impact on gameplay. When I see a line I've read before, it loses its "magic". Better to have characters not talk much than have them repeat themselves. (Best of course: have characters talk a lot but never repeat themselves :))
Will there be different personality types? Special lines dependent on traits? Faction dialogue? Maybe even characters that like/hate each other? Jagged Alliance, baby!

The list of provisions looks fine but I'm a little worried it will grow to be annoying and overly complicated. How many different types of Elixirs are there for example? I promise you I have never been excited in any RPG to buy Draughts of Electricity Resistance and Tetris them into my inventory "just in case". Especially if I am going to the supply screen every time I start a new mission.

Dl4qeJB.png

Please keep inventory management reasonably simple. If it doesn't resoundingly add fun, cut it out.

Speaking of provisions, one thing Darkest Dungeon got annoyingly wrong: after outfitting a party and sending them on a mission, any supplies they had left over? got thrown into the river on the way home. Bitch, why? You're going to want those torches on your next mission, and I spent good money on them - money I could have spent on sending you to the brothel right now. Think about that. Oh well, I guess I'll waste both our time by sending you to buy more torches instead, meaning my budget suffers, meaning I can't give you a raise. Don't do that. Bring your unused shit back with you and put it in the supply closet.

Last edited:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Speaking of inventory, one thing Darkest Dungeon got annoyingly wrong: after outfitting a party and sending them on a mission, any supplies they had left over? got thrown into the river on the way home.
Those actually gave slight refund in gold.

sennin

Curious Panda Games
Developer
Signed up on Thunderclap. :salute:

Thanks dude :)

For some reason, I have an awful lot to say about this update.

Great to see alternate skins make it! I hope there will be different color options too on each skin, to make each character more individual. The dream is for every merc to be visually distinct.

Right now the alternate skin is just a different set of colors like the one pictured in the update, but setting that up should make it easier to do additional color options. Having skins actually change the way the armor is drawn is a bit more difficult, since we wouldn't want to have an additional sprite sheets for every different option(sprites take up a surprising amount of space). Chris is currently prototyping something that should help with that. He started it with the intention of being able to swap heads but we could technically do it for any armor piece, we'll just have to see how long it takes and if we can afford to spare the time. We definitely want players to have options though; it would be rather boring and contradictory to our intention of making characters unique if you had 4 identical looking paladins.

I really hope we see the Guild Council in the game, with lots of stuff to do back at headquarters. Training, fatigue, performance reviews, etc. Missions and combat are great, but I love real management gameplay too. Looking forward to Guild Management update.

6K away with 5days 13hrs left, I'm optimistic we'll get there :D I love the management side too and it's the stretch goal I'm most excited about (owning your own ship is a close second since it's another thing to manage!)

Awesome to see "party banter" in camp (and perhaps also during missions?). I hope there will be a ton of dialogue written even if it has little or no impact on gameplay. When I see a line I've read before, it loses its "magic". Better to have characters not talk much than have them repeat themselves. (Best of course: have characters talk a lot but never repeat themselves :))
Will there be different personality types? Special lines dependent on traits? Faction dialogue? Maybe even characters that like/hate each other? Jagged Alliance, baby!

Ya party dialogue and banter during missions(both exploration & combat) is in there too. We definitely want a lot of dialogue so things aren't repeated often. Right now if character x brings up something from character y's backstory, there is a variable we can set that determines when it can be repeated if at all. Possible dialogue will be narrowed down by things such alignment(think D&D alignments) and affinity(whether characters like or dislike each other), but we don't have an actual personality label for each character.

The list of provisions looks fine but I'm a little worried it will grow to be annoying and overly complicated. How many different types of Elixirs are there for example? I promise you I have never been excited in any RPG to buy Draughts of Electricity Resistance and Tetris them into my inventory "just in case". Especially if I am going to the supply screen every time I start a new mission.

Dl4qeJB.png

Please keep inventory management reasonably simple. If it doesn't resoundingly add fun, cut it out.

Speaking of provisions, one thing Darkest Dungeon got annoyingly wrong: after outfitting a party and sending them on a mission, any supplies they had left over? got thrown into the river on the way home. Bitch, why? You're going to want those torches on your next mission, and I spent good money on them - money I could have spent on sending you to the brothel right now. Think about that. Oh well, I guess I'll waste both our time by sending you to buy more torches instead, meaning my budget suffers, meaning I can't give you a raise. Don't do that. Bring your unused shit back with you and put it in the supply closet.

This is something we've discussed between ourselves, Chris was thinking that what we have right now may even be too much. Your guilds storage is easily be able to hold a lot of things(and will be categorized) so having a few different types of elixirs and potions shouldn't be a big deal, but we'll definitely be conscious of whether or not its adding value to the game or is something that just becomes tedious. As for the last part, any item that you purchase and don't use will be moved into your guilds storage. There's enough gold sinks in the game without having to resort to that heh.

Zombra

Patron
Right now the alternate skin is just a different set of colors like the one pictured in the update
You're right! I didn't notice that but I did notice a new haircut on the alternate guy. That goes a long way in differentiating them! Swapping heads sounds like a great solution. 4 Paladins in identical armor but with different heads will look plenty distinct to me. If you can do it with all armor pieces, even better of course!

Possible dialogue will be narrowed down by things such alignment(think D&D alignments) and affinity(whether characters like or dislike each other), but we don't have an actual personality label for each character.
Fantastic! Alignments and Affinity variables sound wonderful. Personalities on a spectrum instead of having a few set types? Wonderful.

Chris was thinking that what we have right now [in the inventory system] may even be too much. Your guilds storage is easily be able to hold a lot of things(and will be categorized) so having a few different types of elixirs and potions shouldn't be a big deal, but we'll definitely be conscious of whether or not its adding value to the game or is something that just becomes tedious. As for the last part, any item that you purchase and don't use will be moved into your guilds storage. There's enough gold sinks in the game without having to resort to that heh.
At least we will have guild storage for supplies, so that's a big plus over how Darkest Dungeon worked. Sounds like you have a good handle on it. If it ends up a bit cluttered, I won't freak out; but if Chris wants to make the item list leaner & meaner, I strongly agree with Chris and you can tell him I said so.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The idea of incenses as a magic item is interesting and there ought to be this kind of thinking outside the box in more games.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
They have reached their first stretch goal at 55k and unlocked Guild Council in vein of Council in Crusader Kings 2.

Personally I find that stretch goal to have great potential to deepen the gameplay so I'm glad they not only have already reached it but they have also over 3 more days (3 days and 17 hours to be precise) to reach other two and new one at 85k.

To find out about all of that you can read their new Kickstarter update:

Update #16

Sep 4 2017

First stretch goal achieved, and the next revealed!

What an incredible weekend it has been! Not only did we reach our funding target on Friday, but in a mere 3 days time we have also achieved the first stretch goal! Thanks to you amazing people, we are thrilled to announce that the Guild Council will be in the game on release! So what's next, you ask?

9424bad9d396e7c3ed132d6d7307f900_original.png

Behold the $85k stretch goal! If achieved, we will be adding multiple skins, hairstyles, helmets and races into the game for every class, allowing you to further customize your characters and make them truly distinct. Alongside multiple races is the inclusion of unique racial traits as well. This is a big task, and while $85k seems like a lot, we believe it's not out of reach! But for now, let's focus on the 'Sea Travel and Encounters' stretch goal, shall we? ;)

If you have not yet read up on what the next few stretch goals entails, you can check out this update.

Thunderclap

We are running a Thunderclap campaign to help give our campaign one final push during the last 24 hours. If you have a Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr account we would greatly appreciate it if you could take 30 seconds to support us. It's completely free and doesn't require much more than clicking a button :) Sign up here.

Again, thank you all so much for the incredible support! We are blown away by what you have accomplished in the last 4 days and we're excited to see how the rest of the campaign pans out!

With a bit of luck if they reach 70k stretch goal and unlock personal manageable vessel and potential pirate ship we can have a back up in case being pirate in Pillars II sucks...

sennin

Curious Panda Games
Developer
Thanks for sharing it! :) Really hyped about getting that one in the game. I'm feeling good about our chances of getting 65K too, the others could still happen given the right circumstances :)

Iznaliu

Arbiter
All of the stretch goals look interesting; let's hope they're reached!

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Hey sennin, why don't you guys now release updates regularly every single day (or more than once per day) since you have only 3 days left until the campaign's end and from what I understood you have more than enough updates (in fact management one was supposed to be split in 3 parts and now instead will be one long) to do so?

You'd just give more reasons to 'gaming jurnulists' to post about you and if you post enough Kickstarter updates in a short span of time Infinitron might just compile them and post on main page (after all successful Kickstarter rpg campaign coming to a close is quite newsworthy). We all know that gaming news function on RPG Codex trickle-down principle, what here makes to home page is guaranteed to be posted on RPG Watch in next day (or week) and after that it's only matter of time before it's global breaking news!

Currently (according to Kicktraq) you have a bit over 3 days to go and you're already 3/10 until unlocking next stretch goal at 65k (sea routes and trading). If I'd have to make a bet I'd say vessel one at 70k will be achieved but frankly the one at 85k is quite unlikely (at least for the duration of Kickstarter campaign). Do you know for how long people will be able to support you once the campaign ends and I guess all money will go towards stretch goals, right? How many more of them you even have (you said you've got quite a few of them) and will those unreached during Kickstarter + BackerKit duration become one day part of game either through patches or dlcs/expansions?

...what's up with that Codex fundraiser? They are funded, heading towards unlocking more stretch goals and we could help them on that road. They are good Shabbos goyim, they've earned it!

sennin

Curious Panda Games
Developer
I haven't had the time to write too many updates recently, got a busy day ahead with prepping for our final 48 hour push :) That said, I do plan on writing one up today, hopefully will be out early this evening. I wouldn't hold out much hope of journalists writing about us, they tend to not care about Kickstarters unless you're well known(we were warned about this going in), but I guess you never know ;)

We haven't decided yet how long we'll keep the pre-orders open on BackerKit for, I suppose it depends on how well it's doing but it will likely stay open until at least the end of the year. Ya, all funds from that will go towards stretch goals. There's 3 more stretch goals beyond the 90K one. We still have a larger list of wish-list items but unless something insane happens it's unlikely we'll get to them before launch.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hey, Steam page is up already:

(Seeing that its app id is 699330, think Steam would run out of 6 digit app id well before 2019.)

Zombra

Patron
I wouldn't hold out much hope of journalists writing about us, they tend to not care about Kickstarters unless you're well known(we were warned about this going in), but I guess you never know ;)
Infinitron, anything we can do to make this one more visible in the last few days?
love.png

sennin

Curious Panda Games
Developer
Hey, Steam page is up already:

(Seeing that its app id is 699330, think Steam would run out of 6 digit app id well before 2019.)

Ah ya I should have mentioned that, thank you :) We're happy it was able to get approved prior to the end of our campaign, so those who aren't into Kickstarters can still wish-list it!

quasimodo

Augur
Inxile just featured this game in the crowdfunding corner of their latest Bard'd Tale IV Kickstarter update.

sennin

Curious Panda Games
Developer
Inxile just featured this game in the crowdfunding corner of their latest Bard'd Tale IV Kickstarter update.

Oh. my. god. Haha. That's where all these pledges were coming from! I had messaged them a week ago but never heard back so this is a huge surprise. Thanks for sharing that!

Spent the last few hours writing a new update for you guys, second part of guild management will be posted tomorrow!

Update #17: Guild Management (pt. 1)
Uhm, wow! So today’s been absolutely bonkers, well over 200 new backers which is our highest daily total yet; a massive thank you to all of you wonderful people! It’s only been 24 hours since we hit the first stretch goal, but we’re already well on our way to hitting the next. Let’s keep it going! :D

Guild Management
So far, our content updates have been focusing on classes, characters and various combat-related systems, but now it’s time to step outside of the mission phase and talk about Guild Management!

Let’s begin at the top with recruiting and managing the contracts of your guild’s roster. As you probably know by now, the game can potentially span the course of centuries, and because of this you will lose characters to death, retirement, and sometimes due to mismanagement. But fear not, there are a number of ways for you bolster your ranks and recruit new characters. The first and most common form is by visiting any of the various city hubs within the world. By visiting the tavern you will be presented with a list of available adventurers within that city. Potential recruits can vary by class, age, experience, and contract expectations(cost). As I have mentioned previously, recruits are not always raw and if you have the funds you can recruit a higher ranked character, which will help to alleviate any potential grind later in the game.

You will be able to look in-depth at each adventurer: see what traits they have, what abilities and passives they possess, what their alignment is and all about their backstory and how they came to be. Your guild’s reputation also comes into play here, as some characters may not be interested in joining up with you because of past decisions or actions you have made. You will be able to negotiate a bit and offer them a higher signing bonus or contract, but not all characters morals’ will be swayed by coin.

Another way to recruit new members is in a more organic fashion, which can happen through the completion of a mission(if you help them out, they may wish to join you), or by coming across a fellow adventurer during the course of a mission. The same rules apply here, you will be able to view all of their stats and if you think they would be a good fit, you can then negotiate a contract in order to secure their service.

The third way, and part of the first stretch goal is by using the Master at Arms and Archmage within your Guild Council. Different regions of the world are more likely to contain specific classes, so if you find yourself lacking a certain class or two, you can send your Master at Arms or Archmage to find potential recruits within the assigned region. Depending on how far they have to travel, this process can take some time. They will also be unavailable to perform other tasks for you until their return. Your Guild Council members have their own stats, and the more qualified they are at their job, the better they will become at identifying promising recruits for you.

No matter how they are recruited, all characters on your roster are signed to a contract. The duration and salary of these contracts will vary for each character, depending on what you negotiated when you first recruited them(or when their previous contract expired). When negotiating, a character’s Loyalty to the guild, their Affinity with the other members, and their experience level will all play a factor in how much they expect to be paid for their next contract. If at any point you find yourself lacking in funds you will be at risk of losing some characters to desertion. Those with a higher Loyalty will give you some leniency in this regard, but others may jump ship sooner rather than later.

Speaking of Loyalty, let’s expand on that a bit. Loyalty is the rating of a character’s happiness towards the guild as a whole. It is mostly affected by the relationship between you and that specific character, but it is also influenced by their Affinity towards other members within the guild. Characters with high Loyalty are easier to manage, and they are more likely to stick around until retirement or death. Characters with low Loyalty are less likely to stay with you for their entire career. They will voice concerns over matters such as their usage on missions, or the choices you have made thus far. If you ignore these concerns, their Loyalty will continue to slip until they eventually leave the guild. There are a number of ways to increase loyalty however, and the biggest boost is by completing a character’s “Loyalty Quest.” Based on their backstory, most characters will have a “goal” in life, and after enough time passes they will approach you and ask for your assistance in achieving it.

In tomorrow’s update we’ll continue with the rest, covering things such as choices, reputation, traveling, accepting missions and more!

Final Push
As we approach the last 48 and 24 hour marks, we could use your help in making one final push for the remaining stretch goals. On Wednesday at 12pm EST we’ll be making one last Imgur and Reddit post, and we’ll include the links with tomorrow’s update at that time. We’re also running a Thunderclap campaign(here) that will go out during our last 24 hours. If you use Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr you can sign up for free and help us out!

Thanks again to all of you for helping make our dream game come true. This has been a crazy ride and we’re glad to have you all with us!

Iznaliu

Arbiter

I don't think Steam app ids are necessarily 6-digit; that's just where they happen to be at right now.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
New update has been posted on their Kickstarter page:

Update #18

Sep 6 2017

Final 48 Hours! $65k stretch goal achieved!

Good day everyone! Things are continuing incredibly well as we begin to countdown the final 48 hours, and once again we cannot thank you enough for all of your support! 2500 backers is a lot, and it’s hard to believe that number is real! As a result, we’re now about to hit the $65k stretch goal so it's time to reveal the $90k one! Before doing that though, there's a few things we wanted to mention first.

Firstly, we’ve just created an imgur post (here) to help with our final push. If you have an account, it would help the campaign a bunch if you could take a second to upvote and like it.

Closed Beta + Private Discord Add-On

We’ve had a couple requests to include the Closed Beta & Private Discord invites as an add-on. We thought it was a good idea, so if you’re currently part of the $15-$25 tiers, you can now add-on $15 to gain access to the Beta & Discord when they become available(the Discord should be up within a week after the campaign ends). Given the amount of backers we have in those tiers, even just a fraction of pledge increases could be the difference in reaching our stretch goals. So if you’re enticed by the add-on(or any others) and you are able to, please consider jumping up!

0a58b682ee1da0d8485aecc366c29bfd_original.png

To add-on to your pledge, click on the 'Manage your pledge' button at the top, and then increase your pledge in the 'Pledge Amount' box. Add the price of the reward you want(listed below), and you can tell us later in a survey what you raised your pledge for (do not change the tier that you are currently pledged at).

• Additional Digital Game(Steam or Humble): $15 per copy
  • Digital Art Book: $5
  • Soundtrack by Alex Roe: $10
  • Closed Beta + Private Discord Invitation: $15
Note: The Beta+Discord add-on does not include the exclusive guild flag from the $50 tier.

And the newest stretch goal is...
6e08224c823577bbed5764c7a355006a_original.png

At the moment, each character class and enemy has a single death animation. With this stretch goal each class and humanoid enemy will receive an additional violent death animation that will trigger on rare occasions. These will have some gameplay implications as well. If a character of yours is decapitated, it may traumatize a party member; while slaying an enemy in a violent fashion may spur your characters on and increase their Spirit further.

Thunderclap

As mentioned yesterday, we’re running a Thunderclap campaign to help give us a boost for the final 24 hours. If you use Twitter, Facebook or Tumblr you can opt-in for free to help us out! Thank you :)

Steam Store

Lastly, for those who are following the campaign but are undecided on whether or not you will be backing it, we’ve gone ahead and created our Steam page so you can add the game to your wishlist.

Stay tuned for part two of Guild Management which will be posted either later today or tomorrow morning. Again, thank you all so much, our team is super excited to see what these final days have in store :)

It turns out I was right and 70k stretch goal is not only on horizon but that vessel is about to reach the port and join other stretch goals safely in harbor. Not only was I right about that but even better it might turn out that I was wrong about 85k one and they may reach it too with a bit of luck though carried with waves and waves of backers in last few days (tsunami of pledges) luck might not even be needed. For the 90k and 100k though it might. We'll see. For now this is turning out even better than I have hoped for. Incline! :obviously:
:smug::bounce::bounce::bounce::smug:

sennin

Curious Panda Games
Developer
Man this has been nuts! Our current total for today was basically what we imagined would be our best case scenario, and the day's barely 1/2 done :o 85k certainly seems possible! Getting another shout-out from the guys at Pathfinder: Kingmaker was also hugely helpful.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Man this has been nuts! Our current total for today was basically what we imagined would be our best case scenario, and the day's barely 1/2 done :o 85k certainly seems possible! Getting another shout-out from the guys at Pathfinder: Kingmaker was also hugely helpful.

I think that multiple factors contributed to the success of your campaign. Some of them are thanks to your efforts and strategy and some could be labeled as luck though even those wouldn't happen if it wasn't for all the effort you put into this campain. First and foremost - entire campaign was conducted masterfully and you maximazed your odds in current climate where 'gaming jurnulist' are avoiding Kickstarter like plague (unless it's some big name dev) and gamers are highly sceptical towards platform (I'm sad it has come to that but you can't say there aren't reasons which have led to that). Your 'social goals' were well thought out and not too optimistic (many make mistake and overestimate people's willingness to participate in them) though I have to say I'd gladly swap the reward for 20 goals with one for 12 or even 16. What will happen with content planned as rewards for social goals which won't be reached during Kickstarter? Oh, also you have surpassed 2000+ followers on Twitter and are very, very close to having 1500+ backers in single week (I did calculations aided by Kicktraq and it's almost certain you'll have them by tomorrow). Upvotes on youtube trailer are currently 618/700 so that one could be reached too. That makes it 12. Too bad rewards behind 16 and 20 are highly unlikely to be reached.

Now one more factor which helped you a lot is I believe that while you were nearing the finish line of your campaign (when there is usually surge in backers anyway) big boys entered the scene and campaigns like The Cyanide & Happiness Adventure Game, Scorn Part 1 of 2 : Dasein and CULTIST SIMULATOR: BEHOLD OUR END not only entered Kickstarter but also brought legions of fans and backers alongside them. Now did majority of them back your project too, probably not but I'm quite sure many of them once they backed your game took a look at what else was interesting on Kickstarter and I believe quite a few saw your project and backed it too. There are also shoutouts (by Pathfinder and InExile devs etc.) and all of that combined with your social media reach led to this. Oh and one more, small, almost negliable thing: actual game, it's premise, idea, what it strives to achieve and how was presented might have convinced a backer or two, I dunno... :D

I think you should make a course named: How to lead successfull indie Kickstarter campaign in time when that is increasingly impossible. I'd recommend it to Demiurgos devs especially but to other devs who also had good games but failed to catch the attention of gamers too. No, really, write a manual or something cause making all the right moves and avoiding all the bad ones can't be sheer luck. This was handled really well and everything we're now witnessing is well deserved. Oh, and did I mention that today they also got most backers, most comments and most money compared to any other single day in campaign (according to Kicktraq) and day isn't even over yet.

Here's to even bigger moneyz tsunami tommorow!:martini:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom