Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The King of Fighting games RETURNS - Dead or Alive 6 reveal trailer !

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Will Hayate get his classic outfits too? :bounce:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Brad Wong and Elliot announced.

Renders:

dead-or-alive-6-brad-wong-eliot-screenshots-1.png

dead-or-alive-6-brad-wong-eliot-screenshots-4-1.png

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Played about a ten matches just now. All showed 5 bar connection and most were fine but one match was so laggy it actually dropped my inputs :argh: But then again, the beta only launched an hour ago so it's to be expected.

You'd think that an online beta like this would only interest veteran players but I only fought one Hayabusa who actually knew how to play, pulling off advanced Izuna holds an sheet. All the others were random button mashers who only spammed basic PPPPPP & KKKKKKK strings and the new meter special :prosper:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Pot calling the kettle black
rating_agenda.png
rating_agenda.png
rating_agenda.png

Not sure how I feel about Nico tbh, but I guess I'm obligated to learn her since torilla tavataan.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
So many ragequitters :argh: Wouldn't matter otherwise but the game freezes for 1-2 minutes every time some Lowtiergod lite can't take a loss.

There's apparently a bug/exploit that lets you keep your win streak if you disconnect so we've got a swarm of salty scrubs severely striking the quit game button. Not sure why people care about points or streaks anyway in an online beta
mystery.png

A horse of course

The twatt was deleted - https://archive.fo/hKZPk#selection-3329.0-3388.1

Joey Cuellar‏Verified account @MrWiz

The DOA ad that aired on our stream does not reflect the core values of Evo or the FGC. We ended the stream temporarily to protect the integrity of our brand. We sincerely apologize to our fans.

The marketing for this game has been such a fucking disaster. The idiot flip-flopped YET AGAIN a week or so back to push the "sexy bad, fightan games are srs bznz" and then they pull this stunt and completely destroy any credibility with the e-sports prudes they've been pandering to.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Itagaki needs to come back to handle the PR. Shimbori should stick to game design since he's arguably better than Itagaki at that :positive:

In other news, DOA6 will get a full demo in a week :bounce:

Mai is back :bounce:
Also, DOA6 will get a world championship tour :bounce:

With much bigger prize pool than Tekken World Tour, though that was a disgrace that Bamco will hopefully not repeat

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm downloading the deluxe demo right now :bounce:

In 30 minutes I'll finally be in training mode testing Hayate's new tech :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I played almost the entire yesterday and it's so good :bounce:

The PS4 unfortunately has some input lag similar to SF5 and T7 when they were released and it will hopefully be patched. Of course, if you're just a casual fighting game player, you won't even notice it but a serious fighting game player will and it's a bit a annoying.

Another downside you need to consider is that Koei apparently rushed the game's release a bit so online lobbies are still under development and expected to release in 2-3 weeks. The lobby system based on screenshots seems a lot better than most games (it allows multiple matches at once so you don't need to wait in line for a long time constantly), but you need to wait a few weeks before they are available.

What about Nyo's boobs?

She's a DLC character but looking very good :positive:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom