Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The King of Fighting games RETURNS - Dead or Alive 6 reveal trailer !

Boobs, where?
Now that you mention it, the characters seem oddly skinny. It's as if their frames shrunk, same goes for their breasts. And it's not just the females either, I'm noticing that Ryu Hayabusa has lost some muscle, I don't remember him being that thin, I didn't wanna look for my NG:B copy so this image will have to do instead. The animations also seem off.

43_ztg.png

SumDrunkGuy

Fucking SJWs continue to ruin everything. I hope the game sells like shit.

edit

Wait didn't they try to pull this same shit with DoA5 and then immediately backpedalled?

Last edited by a moderator:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
This will surely translate into sales.
But it's likely a set up for bikini DLC so it may indeed help with sales.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The director wants to make an actual game centered and marketed around its gameplay, rather than tits and ass. That's respectable.

So he tries to follow in Capcom's footsteps by pandering hard to e-Sports audiences and the competitive fighting game community. That's less respectable.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The director wants to make an actual game centered and marketed around its gameplay, rather than tits and ass. That's respectable.

IGN said:
It goes without saying that this decision is heavily influenced by the fact that the industry is moving away from overtly sexualized female characters in general, but Team Ninja seems to have a concrete vision behind this shift in style. If you look at the game’s concept art, you can see that Kasumi is no longer just a fantasy figure for young boys; she’s a warrior.

I don't have a problem with that per se. Adding more and more ridiculously skimpy "clothing" paints you in a corner and overshadows all other aspects/qualities of the game, so a "reboot" of that aspect seems reasonable. But the "she's a warrior" line is evenly ridiculous.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
It's a good marketing decision. When DOA5 first came out in steam i dismissed thinking it was just a bikini DLC simulator and not a real fighting game. Eventually i played the F2P version and had a blast, very solid game and very different to the anime fighters i usually play.

Besides Perkel is right after release we're gonna have at least 500 dollars of micro-string bikini DLC. I just hope Marie is playable from the start i love her.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom