Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Konjad game - Halfway funded, pledge now!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Konjad RK47

http://kck.st/1fUmS8c

I thought I had seen it all. Then I watched the video at 3:36

:bravo:

Only 750 kwabux pledge to have our very own Konjad enshrined as a datable pony, which RK can then try to woo in a Let's Play. Can the Codex truly afford to miss this oppertunity?

Turjan

Arcane
A transpony...

...with deep RPG elements. As far as the horse cock reaches.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Konjad told me a few months ago that he doesn't really follow the show but pretends he does to get attention.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Lies, I watch ponies every day and have my own collection of them as well.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
Is there an abridged or a Dummy's guide to why sometimes grownup men watch a show designed, created, marketed and sold to small female children and then also get like, boners about it?

There is this "Bronies" documentary, but fuck if I'm going to sit through a pony apologist explain to me his bestial deviance.

Like, say I had to explain a "brony" to a four-star General of an impressive armed force.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Is there an abridged or a Dummy's guide to why sometimes grownup men watch a show designed, created, marketed and sold to small female children and then also get like, boners about it?
801754.jpg

Angthoron

Arcane
Ponies are just a reversed take on an image of a centaur - a mixture of man and beast in a perfect blend. However, while the centaur is the object of the female fetish - human above, beast below (with appropriate endowment), the males of modern age strive for a softer image of an ideal mate - cute, cuddly and underage, beastly on the surface, yet gentle and considerate on the inside; a supportive, friendly life companion that is capable of cooking, compassion and childbearing - a cuter version of Emma Watson, if you will.

It is therefore no surprise that this phenomenon is so widespread, as asdasfafafafawfguibIVACFATYFV AFHbafagakfafuioafha
keyboard-smash-o.gif

Ebonsword

Arcane
There's nothing wrong with liking a well-animated, upbeat show like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Fantasizing about dating one of the characters, though...
:what:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Konjad are you still enjoying my old copy of Naval War: Arctic Circle? :)
Only once in a while as I don't have much time recently and I also want to give the Fleet Command a serious go when I finally will. I can't wait for summer holidays to play all the games again!

Tom Selleck

Arcane
So, as many of you are probably aware, we are currently the target of a very advanced and sophisticated smear-job by patriarchs of the forum known as 4chan.org/pony/.

They have photoshopped conversations, falsified information, harassed us to the point of tears, and successfully driven away some of our major backers.

Since then, we've received over 200 messages, all reasonably concerned about the legitimacy of this project. I've taken the time to reply to most of them, in as much detail as time will allow, but at the end of the day there is still much work to be done.

At this point we have two options:

• 1.) Spend weeks trying to reverse the damage that has been done by these trolls, and maybe win back one or two major backers.
  • 2.) Finish the game, get a playable demo out as soon as possible, and watch these fools and villains eat their hats.
We're going with option 2. We understand if some of you want to pull your donations, in which case we'll have to just hope that you change your mind when the game is released. But for the rest of you, those of you who believe in indie games, who believe in ponies and pony magic, stand with us. Stand with us against these bullies, and walk with us through the fire to see Dark Skyes become a reality.

That's it. Thank you very much.

But for the rest of you, those of you who believe in indie games, who believe in ponies and pony magic, stand with us. Stand with us against these bullies

:kfc:

Edit, reading some comments:

As someone who has witnessed pretty much everything there is to be seen in "ponyculture" if you may,

Ponyculture.

Good Fucking Fuck.

Angthoron

Arcane
To be fair, the apparent response of that, um, dev team is way more mature than a lot of "professional game dev" and "professional gamejourno" responses to trolling over the recent years.

I mean, I'm not seeing any references to vagina envy, or angry twitter wars.

But on the other hand, how did this even become a thing? It's a nice enough cartoon, having watched a couple of episodes I can say that it's one of the shows that parents can watch with their kids and actually enjoy for the various cultural references and word plays going on, but what the hell?

Turjan

Arcane
But on the other hand, how did this even become a thing?

Good question. That stuff permeates the whole internet. I really like Simcity 4, for example, but half the NAM team consists of bronies. No, I won't call them "best pony".

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
But on the other hand, how did this even become a thing? It's a nice enough cartoon, having watched a couple of episodes I can say that it's one of the shows that parents can watch with their kids and actually enjoy for the various cultural references and word plays going on, but what the hell?

Because it especially appealed to a lot of artists and generally creative people, who created a ton of fanwork that attracted even more people. You don't get the same effect with a show that is simply good because the people who like it don't talk about it as much, let alone create tons of fanart and memes and shit.

There are no breaking bad fan videos with this much effort put into them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd0-cGkClMQ

Plus the people involved in the show itself became involved in the fanworks as well. Though do note that the guy who animated that whole thing is just another fan of the show.

Well, just think of how you would tell someone why sometimes grownup men play games designed, created, marketed and sold to small male children and then also get like, boners about it.

Konjad

Patron

Well, just think of how you would tell someone why sometimes grownup men play games designed, created, marketed and sold to small male children and then also get like, boners about it.
Well said.

RK47

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hi, your name is Konjad and you're a dumbfuck.

Konjad

Patron
Thank you, this thread lacked your input.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom