Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Oh, come on. If you don't want to be spoiled you should stop reading and watching ANYTHING about game.
I did actually that, it is not that difficult. That's why I was butthurt that the title of the thread was a spoiler, because I couldn't avoid that while browsing the Codex.

Parsifarka

Arcane
Regular codexers assume no one in the site would play this, or at least would not admit to, so the spoilers are bona fide and anyone butthurt by this should conceal it or self-eject.

Egosphere

Arcane
It doesn't matter. It could be a Benny Hill story, and it still wouldn't be the same if the most interesting parts are spoiled beforehand.
A good game can't be spoiled since gameplay cannot be "spoiled". It's their own fault for making a shitty Interactive movie that is apparently "ruined" by revealing a few plot points beforehand.

Good stories also endure the test of time despite being "spoiled" since Ancient Greek or Roman times. People for some reason still find them compelling and tune in despite knowing how it ends.
Do you think the same of Bloodborne and its aliens lmao reveal during the 2nd phase?

Bloodborne is a gameplay focused game. So yeah, knowing it's story inside out doesn't really detract from actually playing it, visiting the locations, beating the bosses yourself, trying out new weapons etc.

Sentinel

Arcane
It doesn't matter. It could be a Benny Hill story, and it still wouldn't be the same if the most interesting parts are spoiled beforehand.
A good game can't be spoiled since gameplay cannot be "spoiled". It's their own fault for making a shitty Interactive movie that is apparently "ruined" by revealing a few plot points beforehand.

Good stories also endure the test of time despite being "spoiled" since Ancient Greek or Roman times. People for some reason still find them compelling and tune in despite knowing how it ends.
Do you think the same of Bloodborne and its aliens lmao reveal during the 2nd phase?

Bloodborne is a gameplay focused game. So yeah, knowing it's story inside out doesn't really detract from actually playing it, visiting the locations, beating the bosses yourself, trying out new weapons etc.
You're funny, man.

Codex Year of the Donut
This is stupid and you know that. You don't spoil the gameplay, you spoil the story, which is an integral part of some games. Let me blow your mind, there are games which try to tell a story, and don't just focus on mechanics.
What part of PST could be spoiled for someone?
I didn't play the game until years after it released. I read about it a lot. Nothing discussed about the game would have made any sense whatsoever without the entire context. There wasn't some big plot twist to spoil.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
giphy.gif

Olinser

Savant
Well it's revolutionary for consoles players.

My go-to example of this is when multiple 'journalists' knocked DmC (the Devil May Cry reboot) because the music was too simple.

It literally had a gameplay feature that the music got better and more complex as you finished combos. They were literally running through the entime game at D combo level.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
A dedicated fucking jump button! What ground breaking features will these absolute mad lads think of next??????????

Doesn't even look like a jump button. Just contextual jump animation between gaps. So not sure what changed here really.

Black

Arcane
To be frank, what sony does can hardly be considered a mark of time, just a mark of a horrible corporation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom