Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

So it ends the same way fist Last of Us did. At least they are true to their style!

I wish.

The only good thing about the first game is the ending.

Joel saves Ellie and by doing so he possibly screws the humankind because in that moment he just wants Ellie to live no matter what (as his surrogate daughter). He choose himself instead of higher ideals and shit.

You can feel the humanity and desperation of Joel when he does that. That ending doesn't belong to TLOU, it belongs to Fallout. Honestly, it's that good.

That ending elevates the entire game and it's on par with the greatest game endings ever made. I know. Heavy words but true nonetheless.

Now, the truth is: that ending doesn't belong to Neil Druckmann.

"Ellie's arc originally was that she didn't kill any non-infected people until the end, when she was going to kill Tess when Tess was torturing Joel," Druckmann explained. "What we realised is that we had to get Ellie engaged more in the combat because when she was disengaged from the action for that long you didn't care so much. So that changed pretty early on. We decided it wasn't going to be about the first time she killed someone, it was more about this coming of age story of the impact that the horrors of violence has on her over the course of the game."

Another quote from him (apparently Ellie was robbed):
Then we come to that ending and that lie and that okay and what does that okay mean? It’s definitely not a complacent ‘yea I’ll go along with you’, in fact, it’s the opposite. It’s Ellie waking up for the first time, waking up and realizing she can’t rely on him anymore. While she loves him for what he’s done for her, she hates him for robbing her of that choice. She knows that she has to leave him and make her own decisions and mistakes.

Basically the TLOU ending was an accident: edgy retarded writers went for an dark ending and accidentally they struck gold.

They will never be able to replicate the conclusion of the first game because they have no idea why that worked. And even if they realize the above then they will not be able to repeat it because they don't have the necessary skills.

Tl;DR: TLOU2 will be creatively bankrupt creation sperging about lesbian coming out of the closet or strong independent Ellie. Probably Ellie going crazy after her first love gets the D.

My only hope is that it will tarnish the career or Neil Druckmann. I know, it's not the most orthodox thing to wish someone but that little shit should get stomped at some point.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
RLpEhwY.jpg

Exhuminator

Arcane
I just find it hard to get excited about AAA showboats that trade on spectacle over say actually evolving the medium. Yay I get to be an improbable protagonist brutally murdering loads of people/monsters. Except when the shooting gallery turns into a movie for overly long cutscenes full of forced pathos. The lowest common denominator is why we can't have nice things.

DemonKing

Arcane
Shuddered a bit with the SJW opening but the rest of the trailer is incline from there (especially assuming ugly lesbian dies horribly) culminating in Ellie needing rescue from a straight, white male.

Of course it probably won't work out quite so well but I'm cautiously optimistic it might be ok.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
TLoU was release for PS3 on June 2013.

PS4 was released on 15 Nov 2013.

Almost 6 months difference.

If TLoU2 will be released in February then it's almost certain that PS5 will be released in the second half of 2020 ... because Sony wants to double dip.

In fact, everyone wants to double dip: Cyberpunk, Elden Ring, Ghosts of Tsushima and so on.

2020 will be absolutely insane.

I hope the apocalypse comes sooner.

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Shouldn't Ellie freak out just by the thought of kissing anyone considering that the virus spreads from a single bite, which makes any small salivation potentially dangerous. FFS Fuckmann can't even be consistent within his own rules.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Shouldn't Ellie freak out just by the thought of kissing anyone considering that the virus spreads from a single bite, which makes any small salivation potentially dangerous. FFS Fuckmann can't even be consistent within his own rules.

Ellie is immune but other people who kiss Ellie should be scared.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, I'm wondering that myself... Maybe she does indeed get infected, and that is why her girlfriend is being put down? Takes a while to become a "zombie".

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm more interested what will happen to Joel.
Like most of the people I guess. Although Ellie was an important part of the first game, I think most people cared more about Joel, and his journey. People have a closer connetion to him than to Ellie.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I'm more interested what will happen to Joel.
Like most of the people I guess. Although Ellie was an important part of the first game, I think most people cared more about Joel, and his journey. People has a closer connetion to him than to Ellie.
Wasn't he the cucked protagonist and the little bitch was the cargo package?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom