Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime The Last of Us - Part II

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Sean Murray got old

:troll:

Ivan

Arcane
There was no platforming in the Last of us. Are you sure you're not talking about another game?

Patforming: gathering literal planks to make platforms with which to cross gaps. I think it was the third time the game pulled that bullshit (first time was to cross roofs (after meeting the booby-trap bro, the one that broke me was when you were in some pool of water and had to fetch more planks).

Shame, I enjoyed the lethal combat.

Deleted member 7219

There was no platforming in the Last of us. Are you sure you're not talking about another game?

Patforming: gathering literal planks to make platforms with which to cross gaps. I think it was the third time the game pulled that bullshit (first time was to cross roofs (after meeting the booby-trap bro, the one that broke me was when you were in some pool of water and had to fetch more planks).

The "pool of water" requires you to get one piece of wood and use it as a raft for Ellie. The whole sequence lasts maybe 5 minutes. There are a few other parts of the game where you also need to help Ellie get to places, but compared to the overall run time of the game, they are few and far between. The fact that you seize upon these to explain why you hate the game so much is very interesting.

sullynathan

Arcane
To be honest, I wouldn't even mind if this game had platforming or actual puzzles. The things you did in the downtime as Joel with Ellie was pretty boring. Looks like they took the criticism about dumb AI companions and are only having you play as Ellie with no one to tag along. Good.

Cadmus

Arcane
I don't know if it's cool to hate on this game or cool to like it right now but I tried playing it with a friend and it fucking pissed me off with the mopy little cunt, shit dialogue, shit muh emotional n-gagement and shitty console gay ass faggotty "stealth" and "crafting" and generally being a console game. It looked nice.

Ivan

Arcane

The "pool of water" requires you to get one piece of wood and use it as a raft for Ellie. The whole sequence lasts maybe 5 minutes. There are a few other parts of the game where you also need to help Ellie get to places, but compared to the overall run time of the game, they are few and far between. The fact that you seize upon these to explain why you hate the game so much is very interesting.

not a fan of those Ico moments, dawg. i didn't hate the game, just dropped it, and forgot about it. it would have been cool if you had to make the platforms (break something, shoot something down). it just killed the pace for me.

A horse of course

The ladder sections are rather odd, however. They're repeated so many times (albeit not in close proximity) over the course of the game in lieu of other possible puzzle mechanics that you have to wonder why they're even there. It's not like the game is shy about simply locking you into cutscenes or slowing movement to a crawl for the sake of lengthy conversations and plot "development", so it can't be that they exist for this purpose alone.

Deleted member 7219

not a fan of those Ico moments, dawg. i didn't hate the game, just dropped it, and forgot about it. it would have been cool if you had to make the platforms (break something, shoot something down). it just killed the pace for me.

Fair enough.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.shacknews.com/article/98010/westworld-writer-joins-the-last-of-us-2-development-team

Halley Gross made her mark writing and editing episodes of HBO's Westworld, and recently joined Naughty Dog as co-writer of The Last of Us: Part II.

"Halley's my kickass co-writer. Can't wait to share more of the story with y'all. Spoiler alert: it's intense," The Last of Us writer and director Neil Druckmann tweeted regarding Gross's addition to the team.

Anita Sarkeesian will be pleased. For now.

Mozg

Arcane
The ladder sections are rather odd, however. They're repeated so many times (albeit not in close proximity) over the course of the game in lieu of other possible puzzle mechanics that you have to wonder why they're even there. It's not like the game is shy about simply locking you into cutscenes or slowing movement to a crawl for the sake of lengthy conversations and plot "development", so it can't be that they exist for this purpose alone.

We want to draw out a dialog scene without building a bunch of map

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
They were going for realism in that game, and most puzzles aren't very realistic. That would be my guess anyway.

Cross

Arcane
Reminds me of the trailer for their last game, which they even boasted about as being live gameplay footage running on a real PS4.

c1uszYt.jpg

Last edited:

vota DC

Augur
Will Lazy Dogs make ai attack the npc you are supposed to protect this time?

ultimanecat

Arcane
You can say a lot of things about the game, but given that Ellie is semi-retarded during gameplay, it’s for the best the enemies ignore her outright.

Repressed Homosexual
This is everything that is wrong with gaming. Can anyone say that a game where you see people violently attacking each other in disgustingly gruesome detail all the time, and where everyone is an insufferable sociopath, really makes for a good experience? NO IT FUCKING DOESN'T!

Somewhere along the way the industry forgot about this is supposed to be FUN, not to allow the douchebags tards who make this to feel edgy by making interactive b-movies, that would be viewed as passable as best and quickly forgotten, direct to video fodder if these were real films.

I don't give a shit about gritty ANYTHING.

Even Resident Evil 1 and 2 and Silent Hill 1 and 2 relied on suggestion, in what you could NOT see, more than on extreme dismemberment.

I could never play something like The Faggiest of Us in front of a family member like it was just some banal entertainment without looking deranged. There's something seriously wrong about the thought that things like these are banals to millions of young Millennials. And you wonder why they are so depraved and disgusting? Quite simply, it's garbage in, garbage out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom