Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Woah it is true

The-Legend-Of-Heroes-Trails-In-The-Sky-First-Chapter-Evolution-790x448.jpg

Characters from first game look like they have friggin Baldur's Gate 1 portraits in comparison

Anime why you not 90's

That's a massive :decline:.

Luka-boy

Arcane
Woah it is true

The-Legend-Of-Heroes-Trails-In-The-Sky-First-Chapter-Evolution-790x448.jpg

the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-12-22-14-1.jpg

Characters from first game look like they have friggin Baldur's Gate 1 portraits in comparison

Anime why you not 90's
Wow what the fuck is wrong with the artist(s)? Even ignoring the samefaces, most of the shading is gone. It's a massive drop in quality overall.

Last edited:

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Fuck Joshua, and not in a good way.

Estelle is a idiot, but what else is new.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Wait, is SC coming to PSP in Europe as well?
Please tell me it is, because I need a long game to play during my vacation.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If this keeps surfacing I might just have to play it.

In seriousness though, Xseed should stop with this nonsense and bring us Legend of Legacy.

Malpercio

Arcane
It got lost in the sea of the E3 announcements, but here is a Trails of Cold Steel trailer.

Apparently, already playable in english at the E3.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can someone summarize just how good Trails in the Sky is? I'm constantly on the verge of buying it due to good non-Codex comments and reviews

TigerKnee

Arcane
"Lots of details and world-building, meh gameplay, terrible pacing including 'I thought this cliche was dead even in JRPGs' like a Tournament fight" is my opinon.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can someone summarize just how good Trails in the Sky is? I'm constantly on the verge of buying it due to good non-Codex comments and reviews
It's a decent jrpg with decent combat that doesn't require any grinding. Some good and some annoying characters. Lots of text and world building and good music. The first game is very slow paced and the really interesting stuff really only happens close to the end of the game. Chapter 2 is supposed to be better storywise.

I don't think TitS is "amazing", but I enjoyed it enough to buy other games in the series. But I do have to note that I've played over 200 jrpgs and I am immune to anything that might annoy western gamers.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's a decent jrpg with decent combat that doesn't require any grinding. Some good and some annoying characters. Lots of text and world building and good music. The first game is very slow paced and the really interesting stuff really only happens close to the end of the game. Chapter 2 is supposed to be better storywise.

I don't think TitS is "amazing", but I enjoyed it enough to buy other games in the series. But I do have to note that I've played over 200 jrpgs and I am immune to anything that might annoy western gamers.

What.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom