Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
she has been delegated to shopkeeper. at least we have tita and tio tot interacting

Slaver1

Savant
She's delightful. The entire CS3 cast including members of the other classes in the Branch Campus are top notch.

Shadenuat

Arcane
lolibait never fails

Ni31Et0.jpg

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm downloading torrent versions of everything i can think including Legend in case of ITZ. So in what order i should play?

Jinn

Arcane
Start with either Trails in the Sky FC or Trails of Cold Steel 1. Those, in my opinion, are your only two real options for starting points in the series. I'd say Trails from Zero and Trails to Azure should be off limits until you ideally finish the Sky trilogy, or barring that, Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2.

My biased opinion will always be to start at TitS FC and go chronologically from there.

Ysaye

Arbiter
Just finished CS3. Was there ever an explanation why everyone follows Osborne like lemmings? Did I miss that, or is "he has a lot of charisma" really supposed to explain why almost everyone thinks its a good idea to follow him? Aside from that, game was gud, cant wait for part 4.

My take:
  • Claire - Covered in the last two acts (there is a sub quest near the end where it covers her family backstory). She has a bit of a daddy complex, but also she believes in him because he was the only one that believed him and backed her to see through "justice".
  • Lecter - Revealed in a quest in the last act, follows him out of guilt over his father's actions.
  • Millium - follows him mainly because she feels that the Ironbloods are her family.
  • Rufus - Seeks power and knows that if he follows Osborne will lead to greater power. There is also a useless excuse about his family circumstances.
  • Cedric - Apart from always liking having an admiration, also he wants to overcome his powerlessness from the second game by becoming powerful and influential, and sees the chancellor as granting him the power to overcome this.

Pretty poor reasons for the first two I know, but their doubt and conflict concludes with their actions in CS4.....

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Release order, if you can't get into tits 1 you can play tocs 1&2 first then come back, zero and ao should be played after tits can be played either before tocs or before tocs3, bottom line you shouldn't play tocs 3 without having played all the others or you'll be losing too much on what this series is about.

Jinn

Arcane
That's exactly what i'm asking - their order.

In-game chronology is TitS FC, SC, 3rd. Then Trails from Zero and Azure have a little overlap with ToCS 1 and 2, then ToCS 3 and 4. Basically release order is in-game chronology for the most part, except for that bit of overlap with Crossbell duology and the first two Cold Steel games.

Here's the timeline broken down by years and months.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
do anybody have information on where to get the first and second Kiseki games? (Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes)

I am especially looking for the Sega Saturn or PSX remake but have yet to find it with some google fu

The best I got was a baidu link but I can't download from baidu

flyingjohn

Arcane
do anybody have information on where to get the first and second Kiseki games? (Dragon Slayer: Legend of Heroes)

I am especially looking for the Sega Saturn or PSX remake but have yet to find it with some google fu

Do you mean the actual legend of heroes or the dragon slayer series?

Edit:
cause they are different.

The first game is dragon slayer and the sequel xanadu which have different gameplay then the legend of heroes games released later on multiple platforms.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Edit:

The first game is dragon slayer and the sequel xanadu which have different gameplay then the legend of heroes games released later on multiple platforms.

I mean these games:
https://legendofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Slayer:_The_Legend_of_Heroes
https://legendofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Slayer:_The_Legend_of_Heroes_II

There seems to be a PSX remake that bundled both (https://psxdatacenter.com/games/J/T/SLPS-01323.html)

I know that you can find the original PC Engine game but I am just interested in seeing the PSX remake

flyingjohn

Arcane

Edit:

I mean these games:
https://legendofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Slayer:_The_Legend_of_Heroes
https://legendofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Slayer:_The_Legend_of_Heroes_II

There seems to be a PSX remake that bundled both (https://psxdatacenter.com/games/J/T/SLPS-01323.html)

I know that you can find the original PC Engine game but I am just interested in seeing the PSX remake

Found it,i am not a 100 sure if it is that version of the game but it works and seems to fit the screenshots.
Pm me if you are interested.

Hereis a screenshot:
PSX-The-Legend-of-Heroes-I-II-Eiyuu-Densetsu-SLPS-01323-200407-195125.png

Deleted member 7219

Kiseki is Japanese for Trails.

The Trails series began with Trails in the Sky.

Slaver1

Savant
I freaking lost it when
Sidney
called Rean a
Chad
Such a funny deconstruction of his Harem. The bro's are all so much fun in TOCS3: it's easily the most I've liked a JRPG cast since the latter stages of Persona 4, except it's a huge cast and still relatively early in-game.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
jingo is so fucking great lmao. i already like ashley and jingo in crossbell, thankfully falcom knows how awesome the neinvallis are and gave them proper sprite and made her somewhat major ish NPC

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
If it's of any use to anyone, I've tried 3 times to get into TitS and it just never grabbed me, but I'm playing ToCS1 now and absolutely loving it. About halfway through Chapter 4, 35-ish hours in and I'm already looking forward to my next play session. I've laughed out loud a few bits and all the characters have really grown on me. Combat on hard has been a faceroll for normal mobs, but bosses have been much trickier and I'm still liking the combat enough to grind for upgrade mats and sepith mass to upgrade all my weapons.

If anyone can't get into TitS, don't write off the games, just jump into ToCS1.

Deleted member 7219

If it's of any use to anyone, I've tried 3 times to get into TitS and it just never grabbed me, but I'm playing ToCS1 now and absolutely loving it. About halfway through Chapter 4, 35-ish hours in and I'm already looking forward to my next play session. I've laughed out loud a few bits and all the characters have really grown on me. Combat on hard has been a faceroll for normal mobs, but bosses have been much trickier and I'm still liking the combat enough to grind for upgrade mats and sepith mass to upgrade all my weapons.

I loved Trails in the Sky, but the Trails of Cold Steel games are my favourite too.

Once you're done with with ToCS, give TitS another go, the combat is pretty much the same except without some of the bells and whistles, I think you'll like it now you are used to the systems.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

I loved Trails in the Sky, but the Trails of Cold Steel games are my favourite too.

Once you're done with with ToCS, give TitS another go, the combat is pretty much the same except without some of the bells and whistles, I think you'll like it now you are used to the systems.

It was all the backtracking that turned me off TitS. I felt I had to go back and talk to everyone again after every plot advance and I remember it being a lot more tedious than in CS. I can't say I love it in CS, but the fast travel and turbo mode makes it less bothersome. Well, that and the glacially slow pace of the plot in Sky. I liked the combat but I think it'll be a long time before I go back to it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom