Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
You see that mountain? You can ride your motorcycle over it!

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Alright so here's what the Season Pass gives you for 20 jew golds:

Bunch of cosmetic outfits that can't be upgrades, some with lame effects, some with unique ones and where a couple upset game balance (Phantom Ganon armor boosts bone weapon damage, Phantom Armor boosts damage, Majora's Mask makes most enemies ignore you. The former two help make early game easier while the latter is useful for the rest of the game)

QoL tools (Travel Medallion, Ancient Horse Bridle and Saddle. Also the Korok Mask fits here)

1 Hard Mode, 1 Super Shrine Trial for the SSBSS Master Sword, 4 Dark Souls-lite style Shrines, 12 more regular shrines, 4 challenge modes of Ganon Blights, and a new Divine Beast.

1 Motorcycle.

Is all that worth $20?

Eh, maybe a little over priced. I was expecting more from DLC 2. 15 jew gold is probably a much better prices point. Not a rip-off like EA fucking me in the ass, but somewhat light on content overall. Most of it is either cosmetic stuff or end-game challenge you areas.

I have not actually beaten the new DLC Divine Beast so I'll let you know my thoughts once I do so.

Last edited:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Well since I play on CemU I don't have to worry about paying for this. There's an installation guide already avaible to download the new update and DLC but I'll just wait for a Re-pack that will most definitevly be uploaded before Christmas.

Last edited:

Keldryn

Arcane
Best thing about the motorcycle is how much it gets uptight fans riled up. Never ceases to amuse how seriously some take their video games.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Best thing about the motorcycle is how much it gets uptight fans riled up. Never ceases to amuse how seriously some take their video games.
Walking death robots that shoot lazers out of their eyes = ok
Teleportation Iphone = ok

Motorcycle? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pretty amusing, yeah.

Most of it is either cosmetic stuff or end-game challenge you areas.
To be fair, the game is severely lacking in proper challenges after the earlygame. Ganon is trivial if you've done all 4 beasts, which themselves are fairly easy. Guardians are trivial when you have a supply of ancient arrows.

Reskinned and hp bloated lynels isn't a good replacement either.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

mabephonebooth.png

6a00d83452033569e201b8d229be3e970c-600wi

Zelda fandom is one of the most retardes fandoms that ever existed. I can confirm as one of those retarded fans. They'll complain about everything, so don't give them any credit.

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron
SO I've got about 30 hours in it so far(can beat playing in bed before sleep) and I keep wondering about the similarities in setting to FFX: young protagonist ends up in the future where he wakes up in a dying world/PA setting with almost no technology left. Throughout the game you go into underground temples where you often progress by solving sphere based puzzles, water overall plays an important role and Zelda sound just as whiny as Yuna did.

So is this one of those "inspired by" moments, or does it have something to do with the jap culture?

DragoFireheart

Warning to anyone doing the DLC on Master Mode:

Waterblight Ganon requires using Urbosa's Fury in phase two. If you do not use them correctly you will fucking lose.

Morkar Left

Walking death robots that shoot lazers out of their eyes = ok
Teleportation Iphone = ok

Motorcycle? REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pretty amusing, yeah.

Most of it is either cosmetic stuff or end-game challenge you areas.
To be fair, the game is severely lacking in proper challenges after the earlygame. Ganon is trivial if you've done all 4 beasts, which themselves are fairly easy. Guardians are trivial when you have a supply of ancient arrows.

Reskinned and hp bloated lynels isn't a good replacement either.

It sounds immersion breaking. Like a Lamborghini in Fallout. If it's only a onetime event it's not such a problem (the ghost in F2). But using it all the time is problematic.

Keldryn

Arcane
SO I've got about 30 hours in it so far(can beat playing in bed before sleep) and I keep wondering about the similarities in setting to FFX: young protagonist ends up in the future where he wakes up in a dying world/PA setting with almost no technology left. Throughout the game you go into underground temples where you often progress by solving sphere based puzzles, water overall plays an important role and Zelda sound just as whiny as Yuna did.

So is this one of those "inspired by" moments, or does it have something to do with the jap culture?

Hmm, I can honestly say that I never thought of FFX even once during the 130+ hours I spent playing Breath of the Wild. When you state it that way I guess I can see superficial similarities. Young protagonist in a dying/PA world isn't really uncommon in Japanese video games or anime though.

I can assure you that Link never does this:

ezgif-2168112475.gif

So you have nothing to worry about. :)

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron

Hmm, I can honestly say that I never thought of FFX even once during the 130+ hours I spent playing Breath of the Wild. When you state it that way I guess I can see superficial similarities. Young protagonist in a dying/PA world isn't really uncommon in Japanese video games or anime though.

ezgif-2168112475.gif

Oh I'm not worried at all, Zelda is a much better game, I know that well enough. I just couldn't shake off the feeling of something familiar while I was playing, so I thought I'd ask around. Looks like someone on gamefaqs, for fuck's sake, came to a similar conclusion: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632936-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75157859 This might be saying something about me :happytrollboy:

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik

ezgif-2168112475.gif

Oh I'm not worried at all, Zelda is a much better game

giphy.gif

Sam Ecorners

Arcane
Patron

ezgif-2168112475.gif

Oh I'm not worried at all, Zelda is a much better game

giphy.gif

Nigga, tell me how you feel about FFX

DragoFireheart

ok

I finished the DLC last light.

Extra story bits are nice.

Final dungeon was very interesting. Sort of a culmination of the Divine Beast dungeons. The boss was well done and lots of fun to fight and even with all of my gear still presented a challenge.

The Ganon Blights re-fights before the final boss are half easy, half hard. Thunderblight is a ginormous pain in the ass since you can't become immune to lightning and on Master Mode truly puts the pressure on you.

Waterblight Ganon is impossible to beat without 3x Urbosa's Fury's on Master Mode.

If you go into the fight without 3 charges you are going to lose.

The motorcycle is lots of fun to ride around. Not much practical purpose but it's a fun toy for the end of this game.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
So I was playing a bit earlier. While trying to figure a way to Goron City (don't spoil please), I came across a Black Onix sleeping on a plateau full of dead trees . I decided to fight it.

And at a certain point I cuted down a tree on the Onix. While it did hurt more than any of my weapons, he immedeatly picked up the tree trunk and stated using it as a club (fucking awesome enemy design rigth there). He eventually managed to hit me with it, and that blow sended me flying down the plateau and I couldn't use the paraglider because Link as in ragdoll mode. :lol:

Anyway, here's some mods for CemU if anybody is interested:
Twilight Princess Zora Armor
https://gamebanana.com/skins/158197

Darknut Armor set
https://gamebanana.com/skins/158244

Ordon Shield
https://gamebanana.com/skins/157384

Road Runner over Motorcycle
https://gamebanana.com/skins/159287

Unbreakable Weapons and Items
https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/6165

Link's Haircut from Ocarina of Time
https://gamebanana.com/skins/157547

Batman
https://gamebanana.com/skins/158242

Ordon Sword
https://gamebanana.com/skins/157383

TP Pulling Master Sword Music
https://gamebanana.com/sounds/38796

Classic Zelda Music Pack (songs from other Zelda games)
https://gamebanana.com/sounds/38632

Clarity

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Been playing this game for a few days and I must say, it's pretty dull. My least favorite Zelda game. Weapon breaking mechanic doesn't make sense to me as it doesn't add anything to the gameplay, just makes me open up my weapon inventory every few monsters. Too many Shrines, gotta do them all if you want the iconic green tunic, but they are mostly too easy and even if they were fun, fuck doing 120 of them. The combat trials are especially bad since it's always just pitting you against the same enemy. Game suffers from poor pacing where you're spending most of the time running and not enough time doing something that's actually productive or fun. Divine Beasts are a huge slap in the face as far as dungeon and boss design go. Reinventing Zelda isn't a bad idea, but it is when you're making the exact same Assasins Creed clone that the west has been shitting out ad nauseam for over a decade now ever since AC popularized the open world meme genre.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Been playing this game for a few days and I must say, it's pretty dull. My least favorite Zelda game. Weapon breaking mechanic doesn't make sense to me as it doesn't add anything to the gameplay, just makes me open up my weapon inventory every few monsters. Too many Shrines, gotta do them all if you want the iconic green tunic, but they are mostly too easy and even if they were fun, fuck doing 120 of them. The combat trials are especially bad since it's always just pitting you against the same enemy. Game suffers from poor pacing where you're spending most of the time running and not enough time doing something that's actually productive or fun. Divine Beasts are a huge slap in the face as far as dungeon and boss design go. Reinventing Zelda isn't a bad idea, but it is when you're making the exact same Assasins Creed clone that the west has been shitting out ad nauseam for over a decade now ever since AC popularized the open world meme genre.
I don't disagree with post at all but I will say the movement mechanics and ways to mess with the physics of it more than make up for it's shortcomings. I absolutely agree with the combat shrines not mixing things up enough along with the divine beats being huge let downs for dungeons, and the core combat is a bit too simple as well, but there is a solid base to be vastly improved off of. I do hope they make another zelda like BotW and try to fix the issues. It's definitely rough but somewhere in there is parts of an absolutely amazing game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom