Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I wouldn't've uploaded that video if I was her... it's like they have no sense of self-preservation.

I don't know whether to be impressed or disappointed that she got through 3/4 of the game without knowing how to parry, dodge and lock on. Either the game is not that hard without using "crucial" skills or she's really determined.

Also, some people in the comments saying that this is why tutorials should be unskippable.

KKx8xjp.jpg

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
She has been playing through +95 hours according to her. I completed all four beasts + the mementos and the final boss in around 35 hours back in the day (Took me 105 hours to complete all shrines and side quests. Didn't bother about the korok seeds). So I guess it had to be rough for her. The game is not that hard regarding combat, but I don't see someone killing white enemies and lynels easily without jumping back and flurry rush.

PD: The same thing happened to me in my first playthourgh, I didn't complete the Karariko shrine (Where that combat tutorial is) until finishing some divine beasts. But I learned the things through experimentation, and things like charged attacks and backflips are all the same since Ocarina of time so I had experience with them.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Whores and women in general should not be allowed near any form of video games

Yes and no.

Women playing multi-player games or Animal Crossing is fine but when it comes to games with a higher degree of skill required like Dark Souls... well, there's a reason most streamers of hard games are men.

Also the bane of gaming is Thots that stream on Twitch.

BEGONE THOT!

Why does every millenial retard exhibit this incredibly infuriating upspeak?

On point, I think it's very unlikely to spend 100 hours with this game and not accidentally stumble into these maneuvers, even if the player isn't prone to experimentation or particularly creative. I think the thot is just using "look at me" thot tactics to generate views on a fraudulent non-issue.

Fucking thots.

That would still be kind of impressive since that's effectively a "no advanced combat moves" challenge run. :lol: But it looks like the simplest explanation is the likely one here - she just started walking in the opposite direction of the tutorial building and never tried anything other than pushing B to attack. The stream had a "blind run, no spoilers or advice please" notice, so the chat wouldn't tell her either.

The game is not that hard regarding combat, but I don't see someone killing white enemies and lynels easily without jumping back and flurry rush.

In the comments, she mentions that her only interaction with lynels was to take a photo from a distance for a quest. She did probably skip a lot of the harder optional stuff.

By the way, I think the most advanced/interesting method of combat in BotW is not timed dodge/flurry rush, as most seem to think, but perfect guard. It's harder in some ways, because the timing required is tighter than with the dodge, but easier in others (don't have to adjust direction based on attack type as with dodge).

The reason it's better is because it works against pretty much everything (melee attacks, ranged attacks, arrows, spells, etc). In my playthrough, the only thing I saw it didn't work against was the Hynox attacks. The perfect dodge on the other hand doesn't work against ranged/spells, the twirling melee attacks, some of lynel attacks, etc. Also, once you get a good shield (especially the Hylian Shield), it disarms the opponent on a successful perfect guard.

It's also more fun, because the tight timing requires you to study your opponents, similar to Dark Souls.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Lynels are basically babies-Dark Souls enemies.

When I first encountered a Lynel it was a blue one and I ALMOST died... but I didn't because I had already played Dark Souls series + Bloodborne. The only times I died in the game were either falls, Lynels with giant maces, and that retarded stealth section.

When my wife fought her first Lynel she died in under 30 seconds. Dozens of hours later, my wife killed ONE Lynel, a red one, by trading blows and healing any damage she took after having completed all 120 shrines, using the Full Powered Master Sword (I earned for her), and wearing top tier armor (60+ defense).

Women that are skilled in hard games are the exception and not the rule.

Perkel

Arcane
Dropped Xenoblade Chronicles X because of bullshit fetchquests.
Will be playing it now since CEMU seems to works really great.

Perkel

Arcane
XBCX is really good if you can get past the more mmoish gameply.

Sorry but i don't find it fun to hunt for 5 hours some ingredient for absolutely nothing in order to continue story.
I got into affection mission and basically i had to find some electric tentacle for some monster. First i spend like 2-3 hours looking for said monster and then i farmed them like 2-3 hours and didn't get even once mentioned tentacle.

Since it is affection mission, it means i can't skip it and continue story or do other affection missions.
In other words unless i find ingredient i am fucked. This is not how i define "fun"
Game has interesting premise awesome looking world but game is wasted on bullshit quest design.

Maybe i will be back to it but not right now if ever.

----------------------------

Leaving XCX aside, spend like 4 hours playing BOTW. This is legit good game.
What i like the most about it is this mellow atmosphere, my only gripe for now is that game is super easy.
If i die it is more to wonky ledge grapling than combat. But who knowns maybe later it will be harder.

Other good aspect is that it feels different to almost everything else.
I finished Ocaring of Time and it was nice to see this is happening probably after Majora Mask (which i started but didn't finish)

Equipment is fun. It breaks easily but you collect stuff all the time, so you never fell like any stuff you pick up is completely useless.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
My best friend came into some money and, knowing I am an RPG guy who only plays on PC, gifted me a Nintendo Switch and this game, telling me I "need to play it." Play it I have this week, about 15 hours or so in. I have to say, it's one of the best games I have played in a LONG time. I am in love with it. Genuinely considering getting a WiiU so I can play the last few as well, though I heard they are less RPG-y.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Genuinely considering getting a WiiU so I can play the last few as well

The last few what? Zelda titles?
If so, then don't bother with buying another console since you have emulators. The Zelda games you should play after BotW are: Majora's Mask, Link to the Past, Master Quest, Link's Awakening DX and Oracle of Ages/Seasons. You can also give Zelda 1 and 2 a try.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
The last few what? Zelda titles?
If so, then don't bother with buying another console since you have emulators. The Zelda games you should play after BotW are: Majora's Mask, Link to the Past, Master Quest, Link's Awakening DX and Oracle of Ages/Seasons. You can also give Zelda 1 and 2 a try.

I played the old ones, I was a console kid before switching to PC in the mid-90s. Last one I played was OoT. I did play one of the game boy ones on an emulator once, the one with the talking hat, for a Link to the Past style nostalgia trip. It was okay.

I mostly like the look of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, which are HD releases on the WiiU, hence my thought.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I mostly like the look of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, which are HD releases on the WiiU, hence my thought.

There are not really worth the time. Wind Waker is simply very easy. Twilight Princess despite having some nice moments and dungeons it's very derivative.

But if you want to try them out, then just download Dolphin and their GameCube versions.

If you never played Majora's Mask then play it. The one with the talking hat is Minish Cap which is admittedly good, but not as good as DX and Seasons/Ages.

My best friend came into some money and, knowing I am an RPG guy who only plays on PC, gifted me a Nintendo Switch and this game, telling me I "need to play it." Play it I have this week, about 15 hours or so in. I have to say, it's one of the best games I have played in a LONG time. I am in love with it. Genuinely considering getting a WiiU so I can play the last few as well, though I heard they are less RPG-y.

Yeah, it's a shame a lot of people will turn their nose up at it, because "Switch". It's one of the best open-world games ever, without doubt.

Onionguy

Educated

There are not really worth the time. Wind Waker is simply very easy. Twilight Princess despite having some nice moments and dungeons it's very derivative.

But if you want to try them out, then just download Dolphin and their GameCube versions.

If you never played Majora's Mask then play it. The one with the talking hat is Minish Cap which is admittedly good, but not as good as DX and Seasons/Ages.

If I may ask, what is the difference between vanilla ocarina and master quest ? I've played standard ocarina twice and loved it. Is master quest considered superior?

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Twilight Princess and Windwaker HD versions on Wii U just increase the resolution right? So they're the same as playing the original versions on Dolphin and increasing the resolution?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom