Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

agris

Arcane
Patron
disciples 2 was tits, good to know.

Archibald

Arcane
Although it doesn't have any of the basebuilding that Disciples has, so, in a sense, it's kinda sorta to Disciples what King's Bounty is to HoMM, except I hated KB and like Eisenwald.

Probably because base building in Disciples was irrelevant for the most part (asides of picking upgrade branch) so its removal is not missed much.

skyst

Augur
Eisenwald is a fun game but it does become a bit too easy when you max out a squad and roll over absolutely everything. But it's incredibly addictive getting to that point.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
These fukken undead, holy sheeeeeet, suddenly a wraith knight appears and keeps floating around like a dickhead, two-hit-killing all my dudes, while all I can do is pepper him for -10 dmg each turn with my blessed crossbow :negative:

Speaking of which, I really like how those undead completely shit all over everything you have. My favourite part is probably the indirect disarming of buffs by lowering character WP with fear. When I applied a blessing on a guy with -15 WP and consequently saw his damage drop by 15, it actually made me laugh.

Jinn

Arcane
So, I've embarrassingly run into a roadblock in my playthrough. I'm at the point where I need to sort out this vassal problem, but I just can't seem to accomplish a siege on my opponent's castle. I have a full party, with my units all being as strong and well-fitted as I can manage at this point. I've completed every possible side-quest available on the map so far as well. There are no more roving bands to kill either.

Have I waited too long and have my opponents become too strong with the passing of game time? I think I'm at about 5-6 days into the scenario. Just wanted to inquire here before starting the scenario over, because I am loathe to do so after about 8 hours of play.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Aaaand that's it.

zsAdLS.jpg

YYaHxo.jpg

cz9X9A.jpg

:salute:

Liked the game a lot. Good gameplay, neat C&C, pretty interesting/winding story. I wasn't very wild only about the last two maps though - the Sleepless Count land was very tedious with the constant running back and forth and respawning enemies, and returning to Windfeld was, well, it was Windfeld, I've seen it all before, and though r00flestomping all those shits with my doomstack of 12 high level duders was amusing, the simple "conquer all castles" objective could have been slightly better. The final fight (against Milvinius and his ubersoldaten) was nicely thought out though, took me a while to "get" it.

Now I feel guilty that I got this game for only $10, bundled with Blood of November on the BoN kickstarter...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Oh actually the sleepless cunt lands had one thing going for it - the final fight with Enderlin was very tough. Probably the only one in the game that really gave me big trubble.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At least you finished the game.
I'm still agonizing over what faction to pick in that map with the merchants, the mercs and the church.
If I can kill them all I would.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
At least you finished the game.
I'm still agonizing over what faction to pick in that map with the merchants, the mercs and the church.
If I can kill them all I would.

I know, right. It's nothing but dickheads all the way down... pretty much in the entire game too, with just singular exceptions. Eisenwald is very AoDy in this regard.

RoBoBOBR

Arcane
Patron
Holy fuck is this game good. I've got it (and expansion) on steam sale because i had read here on Codex that it's similar to Disciples 2, one of my all-time fav. And hoooo boy does it deliver. Aside from art style and general theme (Disciples' dark fantasy entices me more than medieval Germany) i'd say it's even better. Maps are bigger and less "corridory", side-quests are very good, mercenaries are very useful (never used them in Dis2), units having inventory is also very cool. Writing is good, rumors in tavern is a nice mechanic. All in all extremely enjoyable game.

Aterdux Entertainment maybe your next game can be a "spiritual successor" to Disciples? New IPs sell better than sequels, you have a good base (engine, mechanics and stuff) already, just add cooler units and scenery )

I just picked up LoE and the DLC Road to Iron Forest for a grand total of $8.28 CDN from GOG's Spring Sale ... the game is excellent ... not too far into now ... just hired my first mercs and am ready to storm the castle across the bridge (still in the Prologue) ... very nice medieval flavour to this title

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just picked up LoE and the DLC Road to Iron Forest for a grand total of $8.28 CDN from GOG's Spring Sale ... the game is excellent ... not too far into now ... just hired my first mercs and am ready to storm the castle across the bridge (still in the Prologue) ... very nice medieval flavour to this title
Just don;t get too attached to the mercs. Also what class?

Just don;t get too attached to the mercs. Also what class?
Knight

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Oh actually one more thing that I wanted to write here that impressed me, but which I forgot about (was prompted by a post in numederpa thrad):

I really like how Eisenwald has the balls to give you the ending you've been "aligning" yourself with for the whole game. When the very end hit, my first thought was a "ruh-roh, guess now it's gonna be a time to pick an ending slide, and all the choices I've done up till now were actually meaningless", but nope. Your character follows the path you've set up for yourself and doesn't back down.

Very refreshing from the current crop of low T cuckRPGs that shit all over your choices and only say "the chosen one must choose" at the very end.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Darth Roxor when you say the "ending you've been "aligning" yourself with for the whole game" do you mean playing a rat-bastard, or how you've aligned with political forces / factions?

I still need to get around to playing this.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh actually one more thing that I wanted to write here that impressed me, but which I forgot about (was prompted by a post in numederpa thrad):

I really like how Eisenwald has the balls to give you the ending you've been "aligning" yourself with for the whole game. When the very end hit, my first thought was a "ruh-roh, guess now it's gonna be a time to pick an ending slide, and all the choices I've done up till now were actually meaningless", but nope. Your character follows the path you've set up for yourself and doesn't back down.

Very refreshing from the current crop of low T cuckRPGs that shit all over your choices and only say "the chosen one must choose" at the very end.

Good stuff. Though the current crop is basically the 'old crop' started with Bioware pretty much. KOTOR was infamous for being able to do a 180 from light to dark or vice versa right at the end regardless of prior choices. It's cheap and horribly gamey but which caught on. I welcome a game that locks in your alignment after a certain point, and would like to see all c&c RPG's actually remove certain choices in dialogue after a point when you've shown to have had a predisposition to doing things not only 'good', 'evil' but also 'violent', 'non-violent' etc. This doesn't have to be obvious to the player and can just flow naturally. If done well, the player won't even know he missed out on a choice(a lot like the first Fallouts where you'd just not get any option).

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
This way to make an ending is good for players but not so good in terms of marketing: many not-so-smart players after finishing the game complained that the game was very linear and they had no choice other than to kill everyone :)

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
This way to make an ending is good for players but not so good in terms of marketing: many not-so-smart players after finishing the game complained that the game was very linear and they had no choice other than to kill everyone :)
Ha, best ending.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've got it (and expansion) on steam sale because i had read here on Codex that it's similar to Disciples 2, one of my all-time fav.

Fun fact: I played LoE first mostly cause the (relatively) accurate historical setting attracted me but I read about the Disciples inspiration in this thread and got curious .. after which I got completely sidetracked, played through all of Disciples 1 first and am currently on AoW1, LoE still lying on my HDD unfinished for the time being (but looking forward to get back to it).

Happens to me a lot, playing one game suddenly raising the urge to play another game instead, result being a bunch of unfinished games on the HDD even when I think the games are really good. Oh well, first world problems.

I do think LoE is far better in most regards than Disciples 1, though the latter games art direction, atmosphere and music is really something else (hard to compare to the historical setting of LoE though).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Fun fact: I played LoE first mostly cause the (relatively) accurate historical setting attracted me but I read about the Disciples inspiration in this thread and got curious .. after which I got completely sidetracked, played through all of Disciples 1 first and am currently on AoW1, LoE still lying on my HDD unfinished for the time being (but looking forward to get back to it).

Happens to me a lot, playing one game suddenly raising the urge to play another game instead, result being a bunch of unfinished games on the HDD even when I think the games are really good. Oh well, first world problems.

I do think LoE is far better in most regards than Disciples 1, though the latter games art direction, atmosphere and music is really something else (hard to compare to the historical setting of LoE though).
Legends of Eisenwald: come for the Darklands, stay for the Disciples.

hivemind

If I buy this in the bundle do I get to pirate Vikings without having to feel guilty?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom