Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2018 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Since when have you caught the weeaboo virus?
I'm not opposed to JRPGs if they're fun (Valkyria Chronicles is another somewhat-recent example). I played through the demo and was immediately convinced to give it a near-release purchase. The Early Access's overwhelmingly positive Steam user score is well-earned.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looking forward to:

Battletech (hope it's not too simplistic)
Copper Dreams (love their design philosophy!)
Pillars II (gotta scratch that Baldur's Gate itch one more time!)
SS3 (still not sure about this one but doubt it will come out this year anyway)
Underworld (I have to trust Stellmach)
Wasteland 3 (liked the first, well technically the 2nd one, so sue me)

Still waiting for the "Enhanced Edition" of Original Sin II before I jump into it like I did with the first one.

If all those actually manage to come out this year I'll have my game time pretty much filled alongside any retro-gaming I decide to get into.

Last edited:

Heretic

Cipher
Infinitron, why did you add games to the poll that are not going to release in 2018, but do not add others that will, for example the already mentioned Kingdom Come?!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's not a poll of RPGs coming out in 2018. It's the poll of prominent upcoming CRPGs for 2018. We start a new each one year to give people a chance to re-evaluate their preferences and let newly announced games start out on equal terms with older ones.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Only thing I'm really really excited about is the Underrail Expansion and The New World.

Wasteland 3 will probably be okayish/decent, hopefully a big improvement on WL2, so yeah, I will play that.

Copper Dreams, sure, I'm down.

No truce with the furies, system shock 3 (and the remake of 1) and of course PoE 2, yea, I will play and also probably enjoy all of those.

Other than mentioned games, nothing to look forward to in terms of rpgs.

You just mentioned 7 games which is the opposite of nothing to look forward :)

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Here's a problem I have: almost all 2nd-gen nu-Incline releases have been a huge disappointment. With 1st gen releases, most of them were deeply flawed but they also scratched that nostalgia itch to such an extent, that I had fun playing even the worst of them. With the 2nd wave of games though, I expected these developers to take their product to the next level, but none of them got even close, and sometimes the quality has actively regressed. So it's hard to look forward to any of this shit anymore. I mean I'm still going to try out some games from the usual suspects when they come out, but something needs to positively surprise me if I'm to ever get hyped about 15 bucks indie RPG again.

Deleted member 7219

In order:

1. Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PC) - not on the list, why the fuck not?
2. Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
3. The New World - although I doubt it will be released in 2018
4. Battletech
5. The Banner Saga 3

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Would people be interested in a specific thread that lists all upcoming rpgs? I could do one. It would include all types of subgenres.

Deleted member 7219

Would people be interested in a specific thread that lists all upcoming rpgs? I could do one. It would include all types of subgenres.

Do one for every game coming out in 2018. I dare ya!

(this link might help - also, think of all the brofists you could get?)

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Don't know most of those games but I know most of them will be really bad. I want KOTC 2 though. A new System Shock would be awesome but it will probably be dumb as shit like Bioshock. Hope some of this indie shit succeeds though, to the point that it can be made into something good in the future.

Liquorice

Educated
No Truce With The Furrrrries
Six Ages (not on the list)
Mountain Blade: Butterlord (I know it's not coming out this year but still)
and that's pretty much all, I'm not too up to date with this shit

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's not a poll of RPGs coming out in 2018. It's the poll of prominent upcoming CRPGs for 2018. We start a new each one year to give people a chance to re-evaluate their preferences and let newly announced games start out on equal terms with older ones.

then why is it missing several games, a few of which are hyped up

yet several games that will definitely be coming out in 2018 are missing, and games that are in development and highly discussed (like kingdom come: deliverance) aren't on the list yet games that haven't had anything said about them in months and no release date in sight are in the poll

how much are they paying you (((infinitron))) ???

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
You gotta say them to get them added! Also let me know where you find this stuff. I hate gaming websites.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

yet several games that will definitely be coming out in 2018 are missing, and games that are in development and highly discussed (like kingdom come: deliverance) aren't on the list yet games that haven't had anything said about them in months and no release date in sight are in the poll

Same reason ELEX wasn't on it. The original idea behind this list was to be for more oldschool revival-oriented RPGs.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Same reason ELEX wasn't on it. The original idea behind this list was to be for more oldschool revival-oriented RPGs.

Then why is No Truce for the Furies on it?

:updatedmytxt:

Mortmal

Arcane
Infinitron, why did you add games to the poll that are not going to release in 2018, but do not add others that will, for example the already mentioned Kingdom Come?!

Probably because there's friendly contacts with some devs , cd keys, paypal donations and such, while the czech did not sent them anything.The " oldschool revival-oriented RPGs" stuff is bullshit, i just tried a bit of elex today and its clearly a 2000 era game with slightly improved graphics, its as if they have not evolved from gothic 2.(with guns and a jetpack still ).It should have been on last year list.
Kingdom come ? thats clearly an heir from the rpg genre birthed by ultima underworld.The gameplay videos show some bits of incline.The only reason its not on the list is probably because they could win the poll and they did not pay for front page advertising space.

Last edited:

slowtard

Educated
Hey millennial asswipes: Emergency Harry Potter VR Sex Simulator 2018, for to ACTUALLY suck Dumbledore's dick and not just pretend.

Slowtard is not affiliated with this project. You're welcome!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom