Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2019 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember, you can change your votes as new games are added.

Upcoming games included in the poll:
(Let me know if any of the release dates need to be changed.)

1. Archaelund (4 Dimension Games)
Release Date: Q4 2023
Realms of Arkania-style RPG from DavidBVal set in the world of Exiled Kingdoms.
Codex Thread
Steam

2. Baldur's Gate III (Larian Studios)
Release Date: TBA
The long-awaited sequel to the famous D&D RPG series, from the most successful RPG developer of our time. But will it be a nostalgic game or something more modern?
Codex Thread
Steam
GOG

3. Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Roleplaying Game (Iron Tower Studio)
Release Date: Q4 2020
Iron Tower Studio's next major title, a party-based RPG set onboard a generation ship in deep space.
Codex Forum
Steam

4. Call of Saregnar (Legendworks)
A faithfully retro Betrayal at Krondor homage by Rhuantavan.
Codex Thread
Patreon

5. Copper Dreams (Whalenought Studios)
Release Date: 2020
Whalenought Studios' next game, a cyberpunkish isometric RPG featuring vertical exploration, stealth and "time-based" combat.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Steam Greenlight
Preorder

6. Encased (Dark Crystal Games)
Release Date: Q3 2020
A Fallout-like RPG set in a localized post-apocalypse underneath a mysterious dome in an alternate history 1970s. Made by Russian studio Dark Crystal Games, headed by an ex-Larian developer.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Steam
GOG

7. Expeditions: ??? (Logic Artists)
The third Expeditions game from Logic Artists, still unannounced. Possibly Expeditions: Rome.
Codex Forum

8. Fallen Gods (Wormwood Studios)
Release Data: TBA
Primordia designer Mark Yohalem's next game, an atmospheric roguelike-ish RPG where you play a Norse god trying to find his way back to Asgard.
Codex Thread

9. Knights of the Chalice 2 (Heroic Fantasy Games)
Release Date: April 2020
Sequel to the combat-focused old-school RPG using d20 OGL.
Codex Thread

10. Monomyth (Rat Tower)
A first-person action-RPG inspired by Arx Fatalis and Ultima Underworld by RatTower. Will he single-handedly succeed where OtherSide failed?
Codex Thread
Steam Greenlight
Steam

11. Odd Gods (Inn Between Worlds)
Release Data: TBA
A phase-based RPG inspired by 90s culture, by the Codex's own Grumpy Grognard.
Codex Thread

12. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous (Owlcat Games)
Owlcat's next Pathfinder RPG, once again based on an official tabletop adventure path. This time we face off against a demonic invasion.
Codex Thread

13. Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen (Ceres Games)
Release Date: March 2020
The developers of Chaos Chronicles reform to develop a spiritual successor. Turn-based combat using the D&D 3E OGL ruleset.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Preorder
Steam

14. Serpent in the Staglands: A Banquet For Fools (Whalenought Studios)
A sequel-pansion to Serpent in the Staglands using the new Burning Candle ruleset from Copper Dreams.
Codex Thread

15. Solasta: Crown of the Magister (Tactical Adventures)
Release Date: January 2021
Amplitude co-founder Mathieu Girard wants to create a D&D 5E OGL-based isometric RPG with a focus on environmental interactions and verticality. So far it's looking good!
Codex Thread
Steam
Kickstarter

16. System Shock 3 (OtherSide Entertainment)
Surprise resurrection of the legendary series from the Looking Glass vets at OtherSide Entertainment.
Codex Thread

17. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 (Hardsuit Labs)
Codex Thread
Preorder
Steam
GOG

18. Wasteland 3 (inXile Entertainment)
Release Date: May 19th, 2020
inXile's fourth crowdfunded RPG, a sequel to Wasteland 2 set in the snowy environs of Colorado.
Codex Thread
Fig
Steam
GOG

Last edited by a moderator:

Lhynn

Arcane
KotC 2 is looking amazing

Copper dreams could be good, i trust these guys, bought sits just to support them.

Disco elysium has all the makings of great vaporware.

Barkley 2 is great vaporware.

Expeditions could be good, if it doesnt get swallowed by SJWs.

Encased looks like something that COULD be good, wasnt on my radar

I want to know whos retarded enough to vote for wasteland 3 after wl2 and numanuma and bt4

The rest i dont know much about or care at all, hopefully they are good. MRY may come through, he is a bro, but i really dont care for the kind of games he makes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I figure after Pathfinder and ATOM, Encased should be on more people's radars. The Russians have learned to make good RPGs.

Wasteland 3 might be good, personally I'm waiting to see some gameplay footage.

Jinn

Arcane
Damn, there are only two on that list that I'm not looking forward to. 2019 is going to be a good year for RPGs.

Wasteland 3 because lol inXile and System Shock 3 because lol Otherside Entertainment and Underworld Ascendant

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I voted for everything but:
System Shock 3
Monomyth
Barkley 2: Revenge of Cuchulainn

I backed Wasteland 3 at the lowest tier, I'm excited to see what they can do improve or mess up.

Another game that could be in the list. Hopefully this isn't dead, even though I think it might be:
Dungeons of Aledorn Release Date: TBA

Rev

Arcane
I didn't even play WL2 or BT4 tbh, but WL3 has Ziets as a lead designer which gives me hope.
Ziets still has at least a good game in him, I actually trust him (the parts he wrote/designed for TToN are the only ones which are decent/good), but I think his potential will just be wasted by inXile and the game will be just as mediocre as their other games.
I hope to be proven wrong ofc, but I don't think I will be. Hopefully he'll get hired at a better company and will make a good rpg some day, with a good team behind him.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Dialogue-2018.03.17-1024x641.png

Almost looks like a dude in a dress & wig. Nah... ain’t as bad as say:
b4230e370a1b97e245816e8e5ab8d426.jpg

baldrick_2178591a.jpg

KB1l1gt.jpg

Among my choices: Realms Beyond, Stygian, druidstone, encased and and Disco*

Oh Barkley... I just doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
MRY may come through, he is a bro, but i really dont care for the kind of games he makes.
I think Fallen Gods will get finished eventually; not sure exactly when though. We've also made some progress on Strangelands, but that's an adventure.

Infinitron Technically speaking, you're a ~Norse god trying to make your way back into ~Asgard. Consider yourself a fampyr heading toward biawacsgard.

DemonKing

Arcane
Probably only Druidstone & possibly Realms Beyond at the moment. Also interested in this game which the developers claim on the front page will (finally) be out in 2019: http://skullstonegame.com/

The screenshots for the original KotC made my eyes bleed so never got into that despite the good reviews...so haven't really thought about KotC 2 yet.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I'm not voting on anything yet, but Stygian, Colony Ship, Disco Elysium and Copper Dreams definitely have my attention. Hopefully most of the candidates actually come out this year.

buffalo bill

Arcane
Good list, but does not include any roguelikes.
Specifically, Caves of Qud. Also, seems like there will probably will be another version of Infra Arcana out this year.

Quillon

Arcane
where iz muh'cyberpunk & tow? aRPGs don't qualify? :P Lacrymas bent codex to his will?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom