Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The List of Incline (Now with a poll)

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
One year later I have to say I'm pretty pleased with the things I voted for, and more importantly, what I didn't vote for.

I'm not clicking through all of those games and searching for your name. Which ones besides Eternity?
Shadowrun Returns and that's it.

Hah. Thank Dragonfall for retroactively saving your vote.

Don't you have second thoughts about Torment, though?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Don't you have second thoughts about Torment, though?
That last interview with Adam Heine was all "Yeah, we know how Josh Sawyer does things but we're going to try it a different way :smug:" so not particularly.

circ

Arcane
Hnnngh. Why did I vote for D:OS? Well I don't think I'd played Div 2 yet. Well that's gonna suck. SRR I dunno, almost finished Dragonfall though and uh, well atleast there's more decking, but too much archetype/class crossover, and what's there isn't all that interesting either. Nice music. Blackguards I warmed up to a little bit after initial scathing opinion, but it's still only worth it if someone gifts it to you. Also noticed that Unity is indeed balls -- can't even handle interface elements and movement on screen simultaneously without lagging like crazy.

Cazzeris

Expeditions: Conquistador: worth buying, to support developers that don't make dumbed down pop-a-mole shit.

Dragon Age: Complete shit. Avoid at all cost. In fact spend that 9$ on something else.
THANKS FOR ANSWERING ME WHEN THE SALES ARE FINISHED.

I'll buy E:C the on the next sales.
Thanks for your warning with DA:O. I suppose Mass Effect is the same case..., Right?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Care to explain why you were so confident in Shadowrun's quality, though?
Graphics, a setting that isn't commonly used, visible checks regardless of whether you meet the requirement, a somewhat less-chaotic damage system (x.5, x1, x1.5, and x2 depending on armor and crit chances), and a willingness to make hard cuts to ship a polished product.

Oh and an early acknowledgement that all of the Shadowrun tabletop rules have been garbage.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
3/4ths (possibly 4/5ths) of the Codex are about to experience crushing disappointment.

Not me, I didn't vote for it. :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wasteland 2 - 79.4% :ROFL:

Uh, you voted for Wasteland 2 too. :lol:

OP was created when everybody thought Sawyer was the evil balancer while inXile were the bros who were keeping it oldschool and real. Since then, one retardation has been replaced with another.

Lhynn

Arcane
Wasteland 2 - 79.4% :ROFL:
Well, i had high hopes for it. Think i should have voted for divinity or barkley, now that i think about it but we live and we learn i guess.

Edit: or underrail, but i knew nothing about that game at the time.

Zetor

Arcane
I voted for WL2 because WL1 is one of my favorite RPGs evar. I'm looking forward to the inevitable crushing disappointment!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom