Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The List of Incline (Now with a poll)

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That's a bad thing?

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh, come on. If UBI is making a TB blobber, it is certainly possible that LoG devs are going to make tanking a viable tactic, decrease the reliance on dancing and make a better character system.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Have they ever stated or addressed any comments on Combat Mambo™? I don't follow their forums so I don't know.

LeJosh

Savant
Have they ever stated or addressed any comments on Combat Mambo™? I don't follow their forums so I don't know.

http://www.grimrock.net/2013/03/21/scrapped-game-designs/

Talks about trying turn based combat.

But scrapped it because they felt it wasn't suited to first person blobs. If I read it right.

Edit - unrelated to Grimrock but another blobber announced by German company called 'Nights & Candles' being released in Q2 2013, little info kicking around in English, only Polish it seems.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/press...m_brand_new_label_TheRole_Playing_Company.php

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

DeepOcean

Arcane
My brain hurtz, can't handle incline. There was a day that I thought that I would never be overwhelmed with options in good games to play. The times of modding Morrowind over and over again and choosing the least shitty AAA game of the year is over.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Nights & Candles does look pretty sweet, even though all the avatars look the same:

nightscandlespc.jpg

70692920130308640screen.jpg

It is being developed by the same people who are working on the Realms of Arkania "Remaster".

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Who knows... I do hope it is less like Grimrock and more like Grimoire.

EDIT: It is probably real-time, unfortunately. The combat screenshot has nothing that would suggest turn-based combat.

Dorateen

Arcane
Nights & Candles does look pretty sweet, even though all the avatars look the same:

It is being developed by the same people who are working on the Realms of Arkania "Remaster".

Assemble your very own 80's heavy metal band to explore dark dungeons, find treasure, and combat hunched over grannies!

I'll be keeping an eye out for when there is a newspost here.

LeJosh

Savant
turn based combat
they felt it wasn't suited to first person blobs. If I read it right.

If you read that right, then that's just utter derp. :retarded:
RT isn't suited to first person blobs. TB is. And I'm not even a TB fanatic.

With this design levels would be procedurally generated, with some custom made levels here and there. Turn-based combat would probably work better than pure realtime. We even made a quick prototype entitled Grimrogue with turn-based combat and a minimap in one corner of the screen.

One problem we quickly realized was that the player would be focused on the minimap when exploring the randomly generated dungeon and all the gorgeous 3D graphics would be almost like a gimmick. We also had our doubts about turn-based combat.

Turn based combat works really well from a topdown perspective where you can see all the units and can think about the best tactics. In first person view where you can only see in one direction, turn-based combat takes away tactical movement and reduces combat to a locked in place affair.

In the end, we felt that with this design we would lose lots of the appeal of Grimrock, the puzzles and the chaotic nature of realtime combat, so the design was scrapped. It would certainly be possible to make this sort of game but it wouldn’t have been Grimrock.

From their update.

Lautreamont

Augur
The Dark Triad seems like incline, although it may not end up being funded.

Also, you might want to fix a minor typo in the OP: "Age of Decandence"

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
You may be forgetting Hero U and Frayed Knights 2... Or maybe not ;)

In any case, great list :brofist:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom