Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The List of Incline (Now with a poll)

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Why?

Rake

Arcane
SO we can cry "Codex has declined" and argue for 53 pages. What's better than this?:troll:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Had little choice but to check every box, save Divinity: Original Sin. After that last turd, I'm not "looking forward" to their next bowel movement... I'm "hoping for the best".

Also, :lol: at Barkley 2 (which I backed and can't wait to play) being on this list, with its real-time combat, but not LoG2.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Grimrock 2 should be on this list tbh. Now that we have MASSIVE INCLINE of turn based coming our way <3

Machocruz

Arcane
Wasteland 2. Because I never played Wasteland, and because it's a major milestone in proving the validity of crowd funding games, and 'real' crpgs in the age of pop-a-mole.

Don't screw this up, Fargo.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I voted CC, D:OS, MMX, PE, Swords and Sorcery, Torment, Underrail, W2. I will probably pick up LoG2 on a GOG sale eventually but I'm not that interested in it.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
You forgot Deathfire. It will be basically Grimrock with a story and (hopefully) better RT combat. At least, the developer said that he didn't like the clickfest that was Grimrock combat.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
The only thing about Deathfire we know of.... is that there will be a game called Deathfire. Not much to go on in the INCLINE department. Yet.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Actually, a story-focused blobber set in the fires of HELL is a pretty good idea. Provided it has lots of good puzzles and the combat isn't dance-y.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
In the last update there is a lot of info on the game. It will be a party-based 1st person RPG focusing on story. The combat will be RT but as I said, he disliked the Grimrock combat and has something else in mind.

Gicusan

Educated
This should be my first post around here but I am lurking around for some years, especially lately with the kickstarter boom and the interesting gaming years ahead of us. Should have said hi a long time ago but:

:salute:

Good times ahead, in order they apear on your list:

Original Sin - because I loved Divine Divinity, I liked Divinity 2 until they forced me to play a flight simulator which was interesting for a while but ultimately annoying enough to make me quit a game I liked a lot (and I also hated the "Prince-of-Persia-jumping part"). Because Larian are good guys which deserve support even if they fail here and there. Gonna have to look for some money to put in their kickstarter at my next paycheck.

Might & Magic X Legacy - For nostalgia sake, for the thousands of hours I put into the Might and Magic universe, despite the fact I very much doubt Ubisoft is going to provide something worthy of my low expectations even. No way they are getting my money for the game in advance.

Project Eternity - backed it and I trust this guys that i will get a good story. I have my doubts on "a good game" part but that is a bonus for me unless it proves horrible(but we wont let them trough our feedback, wont we?). I buy books for the same reason, nice pictures too go with the story is bonus already.

Torment: Tides of Numenera - backed it and my stance is very similar to the Obsidian game. High chances the story is even better and the game worse in this case. Fingers crossed.

Wasteland 2 - backed it somehow, late for lack of knowing, trough T:ToN kickstarter. Never played Wasteland and loved the first 2 Fallouts and given the fact they are improving upon an old, good game, my expectations on the game itself are higher than for T:ToN itself.

Legend of Grimrock 2 - I have very little experience in this kind of games, born a little late in a country with even later and, for a long time expensive, access to computers: in our childhood we were playing soviet sims provided by our Ivan brother and I dont think I even knew about computers existence outside SF books and for sure I had no idea they can be used for gaming. Still, Grimrock was smart and fun and I want more.

I shall mention that I am interested to learn how Expeditions: Conquistador, The Tangut Prophecy, Shadowrun Returns and Dead state will turn out.

Stabwound

Arcane
No love for Xulima. It looks like a pretty sweet game to me, but not well known. I bet that's the reason it's performing so poorly.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
No love for Xulima. It looks like a pretty sweet game to me, but not well known. I bet that's the reason it's performing so poorly.
That and too much bloom. And some people seem to think the idea of an isometric/top-down game with blob combat is a bit silly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom