Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

• Might and Magic: Book I

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Votes: 59 8.0%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Votes: 180 24.5%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

Votes: 208 28.3%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Might and Magic IX

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Might and Magic X

Votes: 73 9.9%

• Total voters

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
uPlay is "terribly bad"? Compared to what, the Steam client? In what way is it terribly bad?
Takes minutes to launch, I have no issues with steam or epic.

Measuring now....(i5, SSD, 16 GB RAM)

Steam full start - 14 secs
uPlay full start - 9 secs
Epic full start - 21 secs

MajorMace confirmed for a CNN plant.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
I'm no plant, you have no proof, by the way you're used to browsing the alt-right nazis infested nest known as the rpggcodex.
I'm not saying it's bad, but is free speech really worth it if it leads to hate speech and praise of uPlay ?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Funny there is an ubisoft sale on gog of 9 titles. I could get them all for about $16 (instread of the regular $107). Rayman, prince of persia, assassin creed, beyond good & evil.). Eh... not sure on any of these titles.

Ah, i see. 66% off individually but 85% off if you but all 9 (same as the MM deal). I already own the MMs. Assassins creed might be worth it.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Rayman Origins is great. It's kinda weird that Rayman 3 isn't on sale with the others. Ass Creed no.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

Goddamn centaurs, sprites, leprechauns, and all those bastards. Sheesh! Can't even take a cruise without some freak blowing shit up. So much for that vacation.

Alamar.. er Sheltem isn't the big bad here; its a god damn tree hugging mutant terrorist. .

I take it, its impossible for this game to be translated considering the engine its on. ??

Last edited:
ランス?
latest

リア too

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Took the opportunity to geat MM VII-IX and HoMM I+II+IV and figured this was a sign to continue my playthrough of the M&M series with HoMM I.
GOG ships the DOS version of HoMM I, which freezes on the 'NWC presents...' splash screen. Not a great start. I decided to just jump into HoMM II instead, where GOG also offers the windows version alongside the DOS version. Not sure what the primary differences are between them, but I'm sure octavius can shed some light on that.
Played a couple of scenarios from the Roland campaign and having a blast. Had a go with all three good-aligned fractions; wizard, sorceress, and knight, and I prefer wizard by far. Really solid unit combinations.

Will try to get HoMM I to work. Else I might just have to acquire the windows version through alternative means.

zapotec

Liturgist
Took the opportunity to geat MM VII-IX and HoMM I+II+IV and figured this was a sign to continue my playthrough of the M&M series with HoMM I.
GOG ships the DOS version of HoMM I, which freezes on the 'NWC presents...' splash screen. Not a great start. I decided to just jump into HoMM II instead, where GOG also offers the windows version alongside the DOS version. Not sure what the primary differences are between them, but I'm sure octavius can shed some light on that.
Played a couple of scenarios from the Roland campaign and having a blast. Had a go with all three good-aligned fractions; wizard, sorceress, and knight, and I prefer wizard by far. Really solid unit combinations.

Will try to get HoMM I to work. Else I might just have to acquire the windows version through alternative means.

HoMM1 does not freeze for me, did you change something on the dos settings?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I decided to just jump into HoMM II instead, where GOG also offers the windows version alongside the DOS version. Not sure what the primary differences are between them, but I'm sure octavius can shed some light on that.

The music is supposed to be better with the Windows version. Personally I don't care.
But with the DOS version it was easy to get the correct aspect ratio instead of the ugly stretched image. Nowadays you can probably use DgVoodoo or something.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Win 7. Haven't fiddled with the DOS settings, reinstall didn't help either.
Very strange.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I should test that on my old win7 and 10 laptops. I remember the days i was into the no-cd hacks so i could play Heroes 1 and diablo with that disc. Good times. I love the harpsichord music in HEROES 1. Damn good and i play mp3s of it often. Gamesneed more Harpshichord. If there are Peter Pan Pirate games then Hook better get jammin and slammin those keys.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I thought there was a Might & Magic 6,7,8 merge mod thread but couldn't find it so here the news, there's an update (1st of september 2019) and there's a poll for the next race to be possibly added to the mod.

As for the poll, the author didn't quite get the rules as the new races have to be dragon-like or humanoids because of the paper dolls (equipment-wise also) so keep that in mind if you want to add your voice.

Edit : To clarify it means NO NAGA (i voted Naga at first so i picked a second account to vote for Cyclops), only bipedal humanoids or dragon-like having barely any equipment (like the dragons in M&M 8)

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
That's an interesting read. Pity the MMIX engine wasn't refined and IX finished and then an import of 6-8 to a well made IX. I'd like to see a 1-Swords done on this engine just for kicks.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I don't even remember playing M&M 9, i think i had a copy back in the days so i might have but anything i remember about the game is from gameplay videos.

You got a point though, would be great too if M&M X was remade in M&M 8 engine removing the elemental gates.
And the maze-cities would be so much more fun if you could fly by.

Eirinjas

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Might & Magic 9 is uglier than sin. It's the kind of ugly that if it was your kid you'd keep it locked in the basement like Powder so as not to scare away the neighbors.

wow,i just realized everytime you start a new game in MM8 you have to play with the same fucking party again.

The necromancer and vampire in the inn,then the cleric and then the Knight.

And it takes a long ass time until you can hire new companions.This killed the game for me ! definitely the weakest Might and Magic game after 9.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom