Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

• Might and Magic: Book I

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Votes: 59 8.0%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Votes: 180 24.5%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

Votes: 208 28.3%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Might and Magic IX

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Might and Magic X

Votes: 73 9.9%

• Total voters

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
My party is Paladin, Archer, Cleric, Sorcerer. I'm at around level 8-9 at the moment with most key skills at expert. Going by my previous playthroughs, I'll soon be getting a decent power boost once I start finding more powerful spells and get a more decent mana pool, but things will still be tough.

Your party has no specialization. What are you trying to actually do with it? Think about it. Hard.

Even if you don't want to repeat classes, a DACS or PADS would be much better - a party with elemental focus. 3 guys provide damage, 1 clerical caster with 20-30 body magic provides sustain. That should be your plan.

Also, you're probably using wrong henchmen. For any heavy spellcasting party (aka the most of them) there's only one choice - Spell Master + Mystic. They stack and they'll boost all your spell skills by 7 that way, meaning that Sparks begin to kill 3-5 monsters per cast from the get-go. Makes those early dungeons that much easier.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
you can have 2 hireling + quest npc
0.jpg

look at the little arrow

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

zapotec

Liturgist
MM6:
I entered the Baa Temple near Castle Ironfist and there were around 20 skeletons 20 acolytes in the same room.
Does it make sense to just raise the bow skill for the knight (level 9) currently i have both sword and bow at 4(expert level).
At this point I am planning to skip sword until reaching master level in bow.

What the hell...

XPxpXtY.png

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
master level in bow
Nah,it is a quest related. Best investment early on is in mercantile master and learning master. Also this part of the temple is easy,later on you get fucked if you don't know about the secret passages :).

Speaking of MM6,recently i decided to dick around with a high level party and triggered all the possible spawns in the warewolf lair :). Run out of SP at one point lol,it was quite the carnage.

0ktlYFQ.png

T. Reich

Arcane
MM6:
I entered the Baa Temple near Castle Ironfist and there were around 20 skeletons 20 acolytes in the same room.
Does it make sense to just raise the bow skill for the knight (level 9) currently i have both sword and bow at 4(expert level).

What the hell...

XPxpXtY.png

Feels like you (and all the other MM6 noobs that popped up here recently) are playing the game all wrong.
MM6-8 are all about mowing down yuge hordes of enemies.
As such, you want to somewhat optimise your monster-killing strategies.

Most importantly - you need to decide on what is your primary monster-killing method:
melee - at least 3 characters in the party need to be melee-capable (as in being able to dual-wield, for which they need to master spear + sword, as well as being able to reach expert dagger). Magic buffs (mostly clerical) are mandatory to reach good results.
When you play melee, you don't fucking waste your time shooting pointy sticks and pooping magic rainbows, you move in for the kill.
ranged - Max bows, focus on recovery time reduction so that you can machinegun later in the game (much harder to do in MM6).
You will fucking suffer in cramped dungeons, but you will be able to breeze the outdoors due to unlimited kiting available to you.
magic - the EZ way. At least 3 elemental magic casters. Focus on fire (fireball+meteor shower) + air (sparks) magic, with minor investments in water (poison spray) + earth (rock blast in MM6, much less useful in later games). Plus you get all those powerful utility spells as a bonus.
You get the two hirelings that boost your (elemental) magic skills. Then you abuse the fuck out of sparks and poison spray, which are the most insanely economical (dmg/mana) and versatile spells in MM6-8 by far.
Meteor shower in outdoors when you need to kill big things fast, fireball/rock blast when you need to kill large + tightly clumpred groups fast.
Dark magic is overrated AF - spells are way too expensive for their effect (except for armageddon, that shit is fun and OP in MM7-8).

Where was I? Oh, yeah, don't mix the playstyles, you will suffer for it.
Correct hirelings are YUGE.
Temples are your friends. Don't be afraid to retreat to heal up and rest.
Turn-based mode for precision and faster killing, real-time for kiting or saving time when you feel like being generous with your party's hp and mana pools.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
MM6:

What the hell...

XPxpXtY.png
There's a place in the game called Castle Darkmoor, it's a very fun dungeon that you will enjoy.

zapotec

Liturgist
Well, i managed to clear the Temple of Baa.

My current party:
Knight (Now Cavalier): Actually the marine from Doom, fires arrow like a chaingun.
Archer: Sparkle guy, dies often.
Cleric: Spam a 9 points heal and bless.
Sorcerer (Now Wizard): An ex navi seal, allow the party to swim on water and spam fireball.

I lost Prince Nicolai and can't find anywhere, i remember from Might and Magic 9 that he was inside a circus, maybe is there?

PS
Both Might and Magic 7 and 8 didn't have such amount of monsters excepts the end zones.

PPS
I am inside a tunnel full of slimes, i think there are 30 of them all stuck together, ofcourse they are immune to physcal attacks and my doom marine can't do much.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Paladin are better than clerics because you don't need that magic much and could dash some nice damage. Some argue that clerics are better because muh light and dark magic,but they are pretty useless outside of few buff spells that a sorcerer could do anyway. L&D damage output is pretty garbage when you include the cost of spellz,it is for rest spammers. If you want good damage dealers,sparks and fire blast are the best.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
IIRC Light and Dark Magic was not especially powerful in MM6 compared to Elemental Magic, while in MM7 I felt that that Shrapnel and Dragon Breath was much more powerful.

PPS
I am inside a tunnel full of slimes, i think there are 30 of them all stuck together, ofcourse they are immune to physcal attacks and my doom marine can't do much.

Return when your sorc is a Fire Master.

zapotec

Liturgist
Master of Air requires Archmage status, does it mean my archer will never get the master skill? Or i just need to complete the archmage quest?

i've just finished MM7.

It's a good 7/10 game with some annoying bugs(grayface patch btw),surprisingly easy end game.My party was monk,thief,cleric,wizard.

Harddest part of the game for me was fighting water elementals in avlee and fighting behemoths in the breeding pit(without cheese).Even in the end game when i was strong enough to kill dragons by just pressing A,i was still struggling to take down behemoths in melee range,that's show how retarded the breeding pit is.

The final dungeon was extremely easy,i didn't even explored 25% of the dungeon and i had already found the quest item,then town portal away to the pit,game is over.

i also found a way to cheese the bounty hunt missions,thank god.

Last edited:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Your guys were quite low level for a finishing party. Yes, I'm the completionist kind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom