Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New DOOM Thread (2016)

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
DoomE3Teaser-610.jpg

More @QuakeCon.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I liked the classic Doom door opening sound. Here's hoping they make a fast paced FPS that is not a corridor.
Of course, who am I kidding ?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Have to admit I like the metal-on-flesh design and general mood. Sound design is good.

Nothing else to evaluate.

nil

Cipher
What is it that makes demons who they are? Soon one answer will override all others.

d+

Perkel

Arcane
Want to make successful doom ?

- Create system shock 2 like world with parts locked until you progress or find hidden path.
- Make it super gore so that soldier of fortune 2 ghul system would be like gore in mario. After a shot in stomach entrails, shit, blood would fly. Every piece of skin, bone, meat would be procedural y destructible. Shoot in ear ? No ear and ton of blood
- make possible to pain surfaces with blood, mosters leaving footsteps with blood of victims.
- spend half of developement budget to make absolutely perfect weapons in therm of feeling. Make every weapon feel like they are best thing in world and put all other weapons in games to shame.
- STORY: You are marine guard taking part in research experiment, you need to save yourself by escaping colony OR localize point of problem and resolve it. Depending on choices in game you can end game differently
- no health regen
- scarce ammo for best guns
- enemy that can flank you or run for help or better position.

and you will have amazing doom.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wonder what awful storyline they'll tag on to this one a la Wolfenstein. Game's gotta be half cinematics, you know?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Most important thing to me is that shooting and moving around don't feel like shit but this will be a multiplat game so GG

Perkel

Arcane
TripJack

You are saying that like earlier dooms didn't have a story.

My story is perfect.

Either you are piece of shit and you run away or you are manly badass man and deal with problem yourself.

Plot twist the longer you take to reach source of problem the harder it gets making carebears go piece of shit coward way.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom