Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The New World Update #23: State of the Game - First Screenshots

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Looks acceptable considering the state of development.

That being said, I wish that for their next rpg, irontower would change engine to something that would allow hand painted backgrounds. I don't think 3d manages to achieve the same level of beauty when it comes to these "isometric" types of games.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Hand-painted backgrounds require resources we don't have and likely won't have even if The New World sells twice as much as AoD.

Tigranes

Arcane
The whole point of full 3D is that it's a lot cheaper to pop out acceptable looking stuff.

They don't need to 'learn', they need money.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
122804.jpg

Age of Incandescence. :M

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Not exactly what I'd call a gritty environment inhabited by whole generations of people slowly but surely succumbing into violence over who's actually in charge of the ship
says who, those pics could be taken anywhere on the ship.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Dear Odysseus beard this is on its way to alongside Underrail go to the modern pantheon of crpgs. It looks incredible guys, fucking godspeed.

Also just to yell at the tele a bit, fucking do a tetris inventory, playing resident evil 4 recently and SS2 made me realize how fucking awesome it was, stop making inventory those fucking awful one square grids. God damn it.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Dear Odysseus beard this is on its way to alongside Underrail go to the modern pantheon of crpgs. It looks incredible guys, fucking godspeed.
Thanks.

Also just to yell at the tele a bit, fucking do a tetris inventory, playing resident evil 4 recently and SS2 made me realize how fucking awesome it was, stop making inventory those fucking awful one square grids. God damn it.
I concur.

x_133246.jpg

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Holy shit, Vince.

This looks real good. I love the cyberpunky vibe.

People need to calm down about the "OMG TOO GLOSSY/CLEAN".. These screens are super early mega alpha, and just a test-screen, and for that alone, it looks real great.
I love that there are polished clean parts of the game, while other parts have dirty/gritty parts, that's in tune with the setting.

Would love to see a screen of a socalled "dirty" part of the setting.

Lastly, orthographic projection mode, means top-down isometric view ála fallout, is that correct? If so, Fuck yeah !

Can't wait for more screens and the eventual combat-demo! Keep up the good work :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Yeah, it's too dark, this is some medical lab and not some abandoned part of the ship. IMO the first screen is fine.

Vault Dweller

Developer
I agree that it's too dark but I don't want to waste more time prettying up this area. The color/darkness should be closer to this:

b_100133.jpg

As for the depot itself, it's not a real lab but a place to get patched up and 'augmented' in the container town. It should be dark by definition.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom